CSCupdate23 Rules Clarification: Can we add weapons accessories to Weapons for the Integrated Weapons Mount for Battle Dress(page 46)?

Yenaldlooshi

Banded Mongoose
Can we add weapons accessories to Weapons for the Integrated Weapons Mount for Battle Dress(page 46)?
For example, can I add the P-HUD Module to 4 integrated weapons and gain the DM+1 on the attack? Since they are linked, would I get DM+4 for the attack? Since all BattleDress armor already have HUD's, can I just pay for the in Module for the weapons? (the 250Cr cost each)
Can I add 4 smart trackers to the above and get a DM+8? or is it just 1 smart tracker for the entire linkage and only a DM+2 (this makes more sense I think)

I would assume we can. A bit of Referee discretion is called for.

Integrated weapons only make one attack roll, so only one DM is used, not multiplied by number of weapons.
CSC23, p46:
These linked weapons attack with single attack rolls, adding +1 damage per damage dice for every additional weapon after the first. So, for example, if battle dress with three assault rifles fires all three, it will only make one attack roll but will deal 3D+6 damage (two additional assault rifles each adding +1 per damage dice).
That is all it does, no more.

Whether we need one accessory or one per weapon is subject to Referee discretion. I would only require one smart tracker for all the weapons, they already all point at the same target.

I would assume we can. A bit of Referee discretion is called for.

Integrated weapons only make one attack roll, so only one DM is used, not multiplied by number of weapons.

That is all it does, no more.

Whether we need one accessory or one per weapon is subject to Referee discretion. I would only require one smart tracker for all the weapons, they already all point at the same target.
Good answer.

I would also think only one HUD accessory and one smart tracker per set of linked weapons. And one DM+1 for each. It's essentially one fire control system (to borrow a vehicle and robot term).

Follow up question for this same item:

The text on 46 reads "Up to four weapons of the same type fitted to the suit may be fired simultaneously at a target..."

Does this put a limit of:

1) 4 weapons period total mounted in this fashion? or
2) 4 weapons of a single type but multiple types are allowed up to the available slot limit?
3) or is it that the only limit of weapons mounts is available slots and this paragraph is only indicating how many can be fired in a single attack from a free action? ie I could have 10 auto rifles mounted (20 slots used), 2 quad and 1 dual taking 3 free actions to fire all 10 (but split into 3 attack rolls)

From the wording, I am thinking it is the last one 3), but I just want to be sure.

3) or is it that the only limit of weapons mounts is available slots and this paragraph is only indicating how many can be fired in a single attack from a free action? ie I could have 10 auto rifles mounted (20 slots used), 2 quad and 1 dual taking 3 free actions to fire all 10 (but split into 3 attack rolls)

From the wording, I am thinking it is the last one 3), but I just want to be sure.
Yes, that would be my interpretation too. The rules limits how many weapons are fired in a single action, not how many weapons are mounted.

It takes a significant action to fire weapons, the free action is only to select how many weapons to fire.

"It takes a significant action to fire weapons, the free action is only to select how many weapons to fire."
Wow, thanks for that. I totally thought it was a free action to fire them all thus leaving me with a significant action to fire the weapon in my hands. I thought that was the case because of the text that states; "...yet keeps both hands free". ie. I can take a free action to fire the integrated weapons and use my hands for other things.
thanks for the correction!

Back