Crusade - How long?

Morden

Mongoose
Clearly every B5 fan who had high hopes for Crusade was immensely disappointed when TNT (AKA the Stinking Bastards) cancelled the series before it even had a chance to air. This disappointment deepened when LoTR turned out the way it did. In terms of gaming though, I think this era had just as much, if not more, potential for adventure as the main B5 meta-plot did.

So my question to Mongoose is how long will it be before we get a book detailing Crusade in some manner? When such a book is written, will it tie up the loose ends of the series? Will it give more information on the telepath war and the new psi corps that resulted from it? I think I might actually prefer to play in this era if I could get some sort of accurate description of exactly what is supposed to happen.

Nothing set in the schedule at this time, though it will likely be 2005 (we have a lot of ground to cover first!). However, yes, we will be making it as complete as we possibly can. . .

One reason I'm looking for info on organizations (mafia, slavers, thieves Guild, etc) is that I'm trying to plan for the period after B5 including Crusade and LotR.

I hope to put plot hooks and threads in the 5 years of B5 for the period which follows.

So many posibilities. :D

Sidney

The fan produced Babcom had an issue a few months ago that went into where Crusade was going and how Gideon was going to be taking on the blackest of EA black projects! :shock:

It was quite an eye-opener and I just wish the series had survived to show it all to us.

DW

I had the whole series on VHS (taped off of tv), but I never watched them a 2nd time and ended up taping over them.

Nuts, I wouldn't mind watching them now!

Traveller-61 said:
The fan produced Babcom had an issue a few months ago that went into where Crusade was going and how Gideon was going to be taking on the blackest of EA black projects! :shock:

It was quite an eye-opener and I just wish the series had survived to show it all to us.

DW

Do you have a link to a website where this can be downloaded?

http://www.robertshome.org/babcom/

I think it was issue 18. Some very nasty new toys for the bad guys - Shadow Thunderbolt or worse: Shadow Warlock :shock:

It gives a good idea of where the series was going and some new ship stats that could be converted to the RPG (if you really want to give your players a VERY hard time!).

DW

I think it was issue 18.

Ahhh, yees, the ShadowMinion Issue... I remember that one well (well, I should; having done a lot for it... :wink: :D )

Shadow Warlock
Well, That one we didn't make - it was just a discussion of the shadowtech in Warlocks manetioned by that JMS short story. Just a little shadowtech... only enough to make it's computer systems go a Bit faster... and allow the Drakh to mess with the EA's shiny new ships.

But if you want to take a peek - it has the best B5W version of the ShadOmega around, made by a true genius... :p :) :D

El Cid said:
One reason I'm looking for info on organizations (mafia, slavers, thieves Guild, etc) is that I'm trying to plan for the period after B5 including Crusade and LotR.

Sidney

I run a Mafia game (in Judge Dredd). My advice is a watch some classic gangster movies (for character ideas), catch the Sopranos to develop them as people, and check out the Mafia Encylopedia and Murder Inc books.

Other RPG sources that might be useful are

Gangbusters - Curiously original TSR game, that if it had a character system of any note would have been a classic.

Crime Scene: The Mob (d20) - Mafia Sourcebook from Hogshead. Excellent and very straight forward, though it has a modern setting it is quite generic (character classes are fairly universal)

Back