Combat: Advanced Damage/heeling system?

Boldtaar

Mongoose
:idea: Is there some unofficial advanced damage/heeling system out in the Traveller community? The one in the core book is a little to basic for my taste.
Looking for something a little more advanced, that I can use to inflict critical damages, broken bones and bleeding on to my Travellers. :twisted:

I think specifics of damage are up to the game master. I don't really see anything you are looking for in healing on page 78, on 108 there is a reference to injuries requiring cloning or cybernetic replacement but I think what you want is considered story driven. Someone might have house rules on the subject.

This is how I have described damage IMTU for years (ever since I ripped I off from a DGP Digest article)

Str- damage to muscle, crit to str is a broken bone
Dex - damage is to sensory and nervous system, crit is spinal cord, eye or ear
End - damage is to circulatory system and internal organs, crit is severed artery or organ failure

LJu2yf9.png

Sigtrygg said:
This is how I have described damage IMTU for years (ever since I ripped I off from a DGP Digest article)

Str- damage to muscle, crit to str is a broken bone
Dex - damage is to sensory and nervous system, crit is spinal cord, eye or ear
End - damage is to circulatory system and internal organs, crit is severed artery or organ failure
Seems to make sense but I tried not to get to specific on what the damage was as if you were hit bad enough I figured there was damage enough to share with the whole body. :mrgreen:

The issue with an advanced damage system is the ease with which damage can be repaired. As soon as you can afford it your ship should be getting an autodoc with the cryonic upgrade, and a Medic with as high a TL Medkit abd scanner you can afford.
The 1st edition book has limbs being cloned to repair damage.

If you break a bone it gets set and you spend 500 Credits and get a Medicinal Slow shot. This grants 30 days worth of healing in a day. By the time you get to the next port you should be healed.

The other option is to go for the Augments and the intensive body repairs and enhancements. Turn the injury into a reason to upgrade yourself into a new you.

My players are all looking at neural jacks and other augments. Their big concern for the ship is stocking up on all the high tech healing they can buy. If they survive a fight they can recover fairly quickly. It all depends on your tech level.

Back