Classes you would like to see...

Xex said:
Duskfox, the nadziranim are already a playable race in the darklands rpg supplement book, along with their preferred class. (dark cultist)

Mea culpa, then. I overlooked that.

Dark Cultists aren't nadziranim. nadziranim can be Dark Cultist but the class is just more of a priest of the Pentad, i find it easier to imagine Summerlending traitor dark cultists than the nadziranim who should be a lot more powerful

I don't mean to single you out, Drak, but why do people have so much trouble spelling Sommerlund, Sommerswerd, and Sommlending? They're all over the Lone Wolf books, and yet they're misspelled on the forums almost as often as they're spelled correctly.

Wannabe Drakkar said:
Dark Cultists aren't nadziranim. nadziranim can be Dark Cultist but the class is just more of a priest of the Pentad, i find it easier to imagine Summerlending traitor dark cultists than the nadziranim who should be a lot more powerful

I never said they were. I said dark cultist is the preferred class of the nadziranim. That means most nadziranim take levels in that classs.

Also don't bother answering the poster above, who is obviously attempting to bait you (thus, he is not using his sign in name). Its not like sommerlund is found in a thesaurus, and multiple languages may have multiple pronounciations.

Actually, it was me, I hadn't realized I wasn't signed in, and I wasn't baiting Drak. It's just that I notice people spell those incorrectly more often than not, which is odd considering how often they appear in the series. I didn't think they were all that difficult to spell.

DuskFox said:
Actually, it was me, I hadn't realized I wasn't signed in, and I wasn't baiting Drak. It's just that I notice people spell those incorrectly more often than not, which is odd considering how often they appear in the series. I didn't think they were all that difficult to spell.

Yes, I mentioned that to The Wolf as well, because it's misspelled in his Port Bax article. It's a minor detail, but still a bit annoying nonetheless.

Automatic spellcheckers will frequently try to "fix" those spellings if you don't remember to disable them. Makes it slightly more frustrating when attempting to write for fantasy RPGs.

wow, take a few days away from my computer and im already singled out :p hehehehe well as sommerlund and its word family doesnt appear in the dictionary ill just say whichever sounds right to me at the time, im probably inconsistent too.
and if ya really wanna bait me ya just say "claire" or "nicole" for future reference :D

Wannabe Drakkar said:
Yeah I was really disapointed there was no Nadziranim class, seems to me a given there should be one.

Nadziranim have dark cultist as a favored class, so you cannot really say they have 'no' class. Also, nadziranim gain certain secret spells only they can cast, and they also make much more powerful dark cultists because they advance two cultist schools at the same time, instead of one which others do.

I suppose this ties into the long-running debate as to whether Nadziranim are a race or a class--they are either trained in their skills, or they are created with them. If the former is true, they should have a specific class, but if it’s the latter, it would make sense that no specific class was assigned them.

DuskFox said:
I suppose this ties into the long-running debate as to whether Nadziranim are a race or a class--they are either trained in their skills, or they are created with them. If the former is true, they should have a specific class, but if it’s the latter, it would make sense that no specific class was assigned them.

Im not sure its any different that with Dwarfs tbh.

Its seems clear that not every Nadziranim has the same powers, because they do diferent things in the books. They also teach the "giak shamans" magic as confirmed in the news letters, so there has to be at least some training element.

Well don't get me wrong, I would really like to have an evil spellcaster type class in the same vein as the brotherhood wizard, and perhaps even have it be called some thing like: "Nadziranim Sorceror of Helgedad".

The cultist spells are more ritual based rather than instant cast based; lone wolf, while not as high magick as other settings still does tend to go with the instant 'blast or be blasted' type powerful spells.

Lets wait for might of magnamund first though, before lobbying for more sorceror type classes. :wink:

Back