Civilian Vehicles

Charakan

Mongoose
Any news of when Civilian Vehicles will be hitting stores (if it hasn't already)? I keep checking the website of the nearest game shop to me but they don't have it or the GMs screen listed yet.

And any news on when it is being sent out to those that pre-ordered it?

Anxiously Awaiting,
Flynn

nats said:
Anyone like to tell me which vehicles are in the book?

Well, that's a bit. Several chapters covering Aircraft, Grav Vehicles, Hybrid Vehicles, Land Vehicles, Walkers and Watercraft.

From primitive ground cars to the most advanced skimmers, this book is a complete catalogue of vehicles found in civilian hands.

If we ever do Traveller miniatures (and there is no current solid plans to do so), they would be in God's own scale - 28mm.

msprange said:
If we ever do Traveller miniatures (and there is no current solid plans to do so), they would be in God's own scale - 28mm.

Just a guess, but that might be the rarest request from Traveller fans. 15mm I must admit is probably the favorite, followed by "true" 25mm. Even 6mm requests I think I've seen more on Traveller boards then new D&Dish scale.

msprange said:

I feel both 15mm and true 25mm would mean less effort (i.e. you could just concentrate on the minis that are unique to the Traveller Universe), and would propably please a great majority of the audience. :)

If those hypothetical MGP 28mm Traveller minis are finally done, just make sure they include the full range of characters (from Imperial space marines to k'kree and hivers). Please. :cry:

msprange said:

Not meaning to be picky, but if we're using God's modelling scale wouldn't that be 1:1, I mean God made us the size we are, if you believe that sort of thing :lol:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
msprange said:

Not meaning to be picky, but if we're using God's modelling scale wouldn't that be 1:1, I mean God made us the size we are, if you believe that sort of thing :lol:

LBH

1:1 means two different things....

In scale, it means one inch = one inch. life sized no smaller no larger.
with models 1:12 means 1 inch on the model equals 12 inches in rl.

some games use the terms differently.
The WWII miniatures game "The Field of Battle" calls itself the only "1:1 game in the industry", which they explain as... every miniature represents just one person, or truck etc. I guess games like Flames of War use the little bases with 5 guys on it to represent more than five guys.

Current industry standard, for those gamers that came in with d20/3.5 and have no prior experience, does tend to be 28mm. Wargame minis might still be 15mm, but most RPG gamers garnered over the last ten years have "grown up" with WOTC minis, HeroClix and similar, which all tend to be 28mm. Those are the guys that probably make up the largest percentage of the customer base, and so I can see why Mongoose would aim their sights on them.

And it happens to work out for me, since I have hundreds of minis at 28mm, and maybe ten or so at 15mm. I'll be better equipped to use my current mini collection if Mongoose goes with 28mm. YMMV, and probably does.

With Regards,
Flynn

Oh, and I almost forgot. My copy of Civilian Vehicles came in the mail last night! Yay! I am a happy camper!

With Regards,
Flynn

msprange said:

So what you are really saying is that if we want 15mm we need to get our own Miniatures license from Marc....

Back