Caverns of Kalte CE missing section

Hi guys,

The very last of books 1 and 2 will be leaving our office on Monday (US and Canadian orders travel to our US warehouse first, so give it a little more time to arrive). Book 3 will follow this week and, all going well, book 4 will go out next.

Doomy said:
My corrected Book 3 arrived today (Scotland). Thanks guys, expect my order for Book 4 soon.

Got a load of spare copies of Book 4 in the office now, just begging for a good home :)

I've mentionned this in another thread, but there's an error in the mini-adventure of Loi-Kymar in book 3.

On section 96, you are given the choice to hide in the workshop by turning to section 17. However, section 17 talks about putting Bitterleaf Extract in a stew in the kitchen, which is clearly not the right section.

So what is the right section then?

Just received my third copy of book 3 (the first was missing section 192, the second had a damaged spine) which looks to be from the new printers (it is slightly larger and has a curved spine). Unfortunately, not only is section 192 missing again, but the map sections at the front are printed upside down (both the cover and certificate page) with the edges facing the spine. Oh, section 96 still points to 17 too...

While I'll give Mongoose kudos for trying to fix things (I also received an improved copy of Caverns of Doom), seeing old errors return is both depressing and frustrating...

Hi guys,

Just about to post correction PDFs. Ands if you have an error like an upside down map, please let us know! This is a printing fault, and we can correct these, rare as they are!

msprange said:
Ands if you have an error like an upside down map, please let us know! This is a printing fault, and we can correct these, rare as they are!
To give credit where credit is due, a replacement book (with a corrected map) arrived quickly enough. However it was still missing section 192 and the note enclosed mentioned that the entire print run had been affected by this!

Is there any chance of being able to return these copies once corrected (again...) versions become available?

Lycanthus said:
^
I asked this very question a while back but received no response. i took that as a no!

Sorry, didn't see it! However, if you have had a printing issue we will, of course, replace the book.

My copy is also missing 192, but I managed to work out what to do next. Instead of turning to 192, turn to 44. I looked in an old copy of the book, and section 192 only says: "If you have a Glowing Crystal, turn to 267; If not, turn to 44". I went to 44 in the new book, and the story was fine.

267 is pretty much Loi-Kymar saying "Hey, moron, why are you carrying a Doomstone? Throw it out!"

Back