Caverns of Kalte CE missing section

Doomy

Mongoose
I got the Caverns of Kalte hardback through the post yesterday and discovered that section 192 is missing. Bad news, especially since this section is unavoidable. I'm really hoping I just need to return my copy and they're not all like this.

Doomy said:
I got the Caverns of Kalte hardback through the post yesterday and discovered that section 192 is missing. Bad news, especially since this section is unavoidable. I'm really hoping I just need to return my copy and they're not all like this.

Aye same here, section 192 is definately missing.

:(

The section is actually dependant on wether you find and pick up the Doomstone. It occurs immediately after you rescue Loi-Kymar.

I don't know the size of the Mongoose production staff or their quality control department. I'd venture to guess that like most companies, including the one I work for, that everyone is pushed to try and balance production demands and quality.

Just like where I work, if we make a mistake that finds its way to the customer (paint for automobiles), we are very accommodating and hope to not lose the customer's business. It is a stressful business, probably just like publishing.

This is an interesting situation and the response from Mongoose will say a lot about their commitment to Lone Wolf fans.

Ouch! I have seen this kind of thing before in game books and it always detracts from the enjoyment. Some of the way of the tiger books would have the wrong options and little errata slips included but these would fall out and get lost. It's the first time that I have heard of an entire section missing. Although didn't the first book have a section missing after the crossbow attack in the monastery.

Personally I would want a replacement. A whole section missing from a collectors edition is not good. :(

WW

Can you guy's give some details about the Loi-Kymar miniadventure in the back? What kind of spells does he get?

Oha nd its sad to hear about the missing section; I hope it does not mean a total recall of all books since that will cost mongoose a pretty peny. An alternative could be offering the missing section as a download on the website, which can be printed and then glued/pasted into your books.

Xex said:
Oha nd its sad to hear about the missing section; I hope it does not mean a total recall of all books since that will cost mongoose a pretty peny. An alternative could be offering the missing section as a download on the website, which can be printed and then glued/pasted into your books.

I would rather a recall personally I don't want to be pasting any thing into my hard back collectors edition. If it was one of the paper backs maybe?

For those who are interested, here is the link to the missing section.

http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/03tcok/sect192.htm

Mongoose is always stellar with its customer service so I am sure they will do all thye can to help you guy's. It would be nice though, if error' \s like these were caught before they were made. I shudder to think how much all these error's have cost Mongoose over the years. (Conan 1st edition d20 was a real gem when it came to editing error's :D )

Xex said:
Can you guy's give some details about the Loi-Kymar miniadventure in the back? What kind of spells does he get?
Mild spoiler: You don't actually select spells - you instead get options to use magic during the course of the adventure, although it usually costs EP. What you do get to choose is which herbs Loi-Kymar starts with, and these have various effects.

Doomy said:
Xex said:
Mild spoiler: You don't actually select spells - you instead get options to use magic during the course of the adventure, although it usually costs EP. What you do get to choose is which herbs Loi-Kymar starts with, and these have various effects.

Thanks doomy. That is...interesting. Iguess his spells when he does use them are standard Brotherhood spells (lightning, web, etc) and he can also use his herbs with his magic somehow to prodcue different effects?

Slightly more detailed spoilery stuff:

Umm, sort of, except less complex. Using the herbs isn't radically different from what you might see in a Lone Wolf book, and the spellcasting options are basically "if you want to use magic here, turn to XXX, otherwise go to YYY". There isn't actually a magic system per se.

:shock:

I'm shocked and stunned that I managed to do something that stupid. I'm very sorry.

For what it's worth, the missing section is underneath that little illustration. It reads:

If you possess a Glowing Crystal, turn to 267.
If you do not possess this Special Item, turn to 44.

I'm going to go and correct the document now, then go somewhere quiet and weep.

On the bright side, all copies with the mistake will probably become rare collector's items far into the future. :lol:

Don't sweat it Chris. these things happen.

Are the first set of books going to be replaced, and should we ship the old copies back?

Just got my copy today, it looks really good apart from that omission

Back