Caverns of Kalte CE missing section

I would email sales, but Gmail has been down all night so I can't access my order confirmation.

Edit: Never mind, Gmail access has been restored and I have sent the email.

I hope the copy i get when it arrives will be ok. am situated in the other part of the world, and returning a faulty copy would be highly troublesome.

I'm guessing every copy that has been sent out has the error (probably every copy printed to date has the error) and that there will be no returns. It would not be financially possible for Mongoose to print new versions of the entire run and send them out.

I sincerely hope that the proofing/editing process is tightened up. This is the second error so far out of three books published.

I would suggest, if possible, to circulate the manuscript amongst some of the Lone Wolf fans that are trusted, before each book is published. They have (seemingly) more time and ability to catch errors than the Mongoose staff.

Tabris said:
I sincerely hope that the proofing/editing process is tightened up. This is the second error so far out of three books published.

Just curious, what was the first error? I don't know/remember what the first error was, thanks!!

Not exactly the second error, but the third one. However, the very first error was corrected before the books were printed.
I would suggest, if possible, to circulate the manuscript amongst some of the Lone Wolf fans that are trusted, before each book is published. They have (seemingly) more time and ability to catch errors than the Mongoose staff.

That first error that I am refering to was the map of book 1 that had been given to some online communities (Project Aon, Tower of the Sun) before the actual release of the book. And it was the fans of these communities that have found out about the mistakes in it, which allowed Mongoose to make the corrections in time. Here's the list that I have posted in another thread on this boards:

Typos:
-Broks should be Broka
-Thes should be Thet
-Kirlie should be Kirlu

Missing:

-The names of the tunnels (Tarnalin, Calencut, Wiedon)
-The War Banner of Prince Pelathar
-Wreck Point on the southern tip of Mannon
-The name of river Hammerd

Other:

-The road between Port Bax and Blave is turned into a river

All that to say that I strongly agree with what Tabris suggests. It has worked great in the recent past.

Indeed, a lot of those errors require expert knowledge to spot. There's plenty of that available at PA and TotS.

Tabris said:
I'm guessing every copy that has been sent out has the error (probably every copy printed to date has the error) and that there will be no returns. It would not be financially possible for Mongoose to print new versions of the entire run and send them out.

I'm thinking so too, and it is a real shame that those of us who are buying the collectors editions are the ones being stung. The collectors editions are premium grade, expensive and supposedly 'collectors' editions.

How is it then that the error-free edition will be the regular one?

I paid quite a lot of money for the Magnamund deal, and although I can see how much of a financial problem this might be for Mongoose, it's just not on, especially for a collectors edition.

The best solution would be for it to never have happened, but I would really appreciate a collectors edition that isn'ty missing sections - typos I can forgive, but when a section of the text is missing, well that's just not on. :(

Hellebore

Funnily though, the CE editions are going to be expertly scruitinished, since they are collectors editions we will be very vocal and fast about looking for and reporting errors.

This leaves the way clear for the perfect paperbacks, which get a much wider, much more apathetic distribution. Buy one and it's rubbish, and you just give up on Mongoose and Lone Wolf.

I'm not saying this is the strategy, I'm just saying that sadly if the errors are goign to happen, it's better if it happens with us.

I wonder if the price hike is infact because tjhey are anticipating higher demand and have proven they need more plant/staff, but until they actually have concrete sales they cannot justify it.

Therefore, the compromise of charging more now, and hoping this gives security to alliviate the problems, so that the series can carry on and doesn't die a death due to bad press

From the front pages of Signs & Portents:

New versions of the book [Caverns of Kalte] have section 192 exactly where it's supposed to be. If you have one of the duff ones, contact us at Mongoose and we'll sort you out with a replacement.

Well that's good news isn't it?

You can always send it to russel instead, but there was a general e-mail sent to most people jsut saying anyone who ordered a book will get a new version sent to them, and they can hang on to the old one

The email I had was sent to "Mega Deal Customers" and said things like:

"Some of you have already contacted me this is just a mass mail to let everyone know that a replacement will be sent out to you automatically. We are currently looking at a 2-3 week turnaround on these books depending on where you are situated in the world. There is no need to send back the defective copy."

and:

"Any further questions or updates feel free to email me back at this address and I will do my best to answer you."

I assume the megadeal customers got this mail since, as customers they have to keep track of, our e-mails are probably logged, whereas one off customers will nto have their details logged...or something....

Back