Captives of Kaag

Third try to get a response for this question:

Could we have a bit of info about the bonus adventures in LW 14 and 15, soon to be published in July and September? Who will be the hero of these two bonus adventures?

Will we have in the near future (like in LW10) a bonus adventure with Lone Wolf as the hero?

I started typing, then realised I just can't be @rsed complaining rationally in a constructive way anymore.

Your Trusting Megadeal Customer,

Mark.

Be thankful there's still a Joe Dever to write the books. Yes, I know it's a terrible thing to have to wait and wait and wait, I'm fed up of waiting for a lot of things to come out, delays are inevitable and complaining about them tends to do nothing except force the people who work on things like this to ignore your rants or constructive complaints.

I've lost count of the amount of things I've waited for, that were delayed. Especially in the electronic game industry - put back till 2011 or cancelled completely.

The Wolf said:
Be thankful there's still a Joe Dever to write the books. Yes, I know it's a terrible thing to have to wait and wait and wait, I'm fed up of waiting for a lot of things to come out, delays are inevitable and complaining about them tends to do nothing except force the people who work on things like this to ignore your rants or constructive complaints.

Yes, we are lucky to have the yet unpublished book sometimes around the end of 2010.

I have no problem with the delay. But it would be great as well to have some official responses about the status of LW14 and 15 as buyers of these books. And for the books that are planned after.

Yes, it's Joe Dever who revises and/or supervises the LW books (solo gamebooks & rpg books), so it is a lot of work. Perhaps more than we can imagine.

As far as I know, the bonus adventures are from other authors, I'd like to have a preview for these bonus adventures, if these are already written, of course. Like the heros of these adventures.

It is a lot of work, I can attest to that having been involved with Joe and the gamebooks and the rpgs. An official response would be nice...however - so hopefully one will appear soon.

Lokhuzor said:
Yes, we are lucky to have the yet unpublished book sometimes around the end of 2010.

We should be so lucky... Lucky, lucky, lucky... :lol:

Thanks Lokhuzor, I needed a laugh. :wink:

Lokhuzor said:
As far as I know, the bonus adventures are from other authors, I'd like to have a preview for these bonus adventures, if these are already written, of course. Like the heros of these adventures.

Yes, the bonus adventures are from other authors. However if I had a preview to give you, I wouldn't - I don't feel inclined to help people who try and be smart-asses to me.

The Wolf said:
Lokhuzor said:

Yes, the bonus adventures are from other authors. However if I had a preview to give you, I wouldn't - I don't feel inclined to help people who try and be smart-asses to me.

I am not trying anything with you.
I ask politely a question about the bonus adventures. It would be great to have a response like that "It will be Paido the hero of the bonus adventure of LW14."
If you have a problem with me, please PM to me. I am (and was) always polite with you and Mongoose.
No official response. It would be great to have official responses on the delays. For the buyers of the books. Please.

Paido was the hero of #8, it would be interesting to see him again however. I wonder if there's a market for an adventure in the LWMPGB series that features him.

As for the response for people that bought the books, yes, I am with you there that something needs to be said.

Not sure who will be the hero of Book 14 - I mean there aren't many good guys to choose from!

Spoilers

I'm gonna guess Banedon and go for the bit before he was captured. If not, well I'm not sure who else it would be.

It would be quite cool to play as Cadak and take control of Kaag though :D

WritingWolf said:
Not sure who will be the hero of Book 14 - I mean there aren't many good guys to choose from!

Spoilers

I'm gonna guess Banedon and go for the bit before he was captured. If not, well I'm not sure who else it would be.

It would be quite cool to play as Cadak and take control of Kaag though :D

NYXATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I am really wanting to know is whether they are going to fix the item listing where you can't take the Silver Bracers and Korlinium Scabbard with you in this book. Assuming it is an error of course.

For once it would actually be useful if they simply copied the item rules in from the previous book!!

Time for the next update for this ... any ideas on when this book is likely to be released?

I see it's been pushed back down to September now - is this going to happen?

I also see the Darke Crusade has a September release- are we going to see a double-delivery, or will that drop back a few months?

Don't worry if it does - these things happen - just an update would be good.

Thanks

Just to let you know chaps, this book is now with Mr Dever for final checking and then it is off to print. Book 15 is hot on its heels, just passing through editing right now, and we are already lining up for Book 16. We have a dedicated crew on these books now, so you should see them appear with far greater regularity than before.

Back