Book Orders & Lone Wolf 2

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

Just been answering a few questions from a Lone Wolf fan, and I thought it might be worth covering some points here.

First off, the delays in getting Flight From the Dark out. The main problem was the sheer demand for the book, which caught us off guard - the majority of people ordered just a week before we were due to ship!

We always say people should allow for 28 days delivery (this is in our terms and conditions on the site), precisely because things like this can happen. We are not Orbit or Del Ray - we're just a small company working as hard as we can!

The last of the orders are being put together now, and will be in the post by Friday at the latest.

If you have any concerns about the book you receive at all, let us know. We have a three-tier quality control check for the Lone Wolf books, but things can slip through and other things can happen during transit. Only a very small percentage have experienced any issues with their books, and we have endeavoured to fix them as quickly as possible - we certainly haven't had any complaints on that score thus far. We guarantee _all_ books coming out of our printing facility, we just need to know if there is something we can fix!

Fire on the Water is unlikely to take as long in coming as this one, though I have to be honest and say not everyone will get theirs in the same week as the Shipping Date. This is simply due to the fact that the books are very popular and there is a physical limit to the number of books we can pack each day. Russell has been a real trooper getting everything out (he handles all the distributor orders as well, and is preparing for A Call to Arms and Conan at the moment), and has been monitoring all the outstanding orders.

Finally, on the email front, some of you might have met silence over the past few days because of Gen Con in the US - this would have affected mails to the Sales address. By the same token, Russell's email will be slow next week, due to Gen Con UK.

Unfortunately, this didn't answer some of my questions.. I know you said that it keeps bouncing my email.. so dont know whats up with that. I send just fine... Where is my book?

Next.

Why no option for shipping? I would gladly pay 5 bucks more or so for faster shipping instead of having to wait for a month for my book to arrive.

Multiple shipping options would help in this regard a TON.

msprange said:
Finally, on the email front, some of you might have met silence over the past few days because of Gen Con in the US - this would have affected mails to the Sales address. By the same token, Russell's email will be slow next week, due to Gen Con UK.

Ahhh, I'll wait a few days before I pester Russ again then.

LBH

saztam said:
Unfortunately, this didn't answer some of my questions.. I know you said that it keeps bouncing my email.. so dont know whats up with that. I send just fine... Where is my book?

Next.

Why no option for shipping? I would gladly pay 5 bucks more or so for faster shipping instead of having to wait for a month for my book to arrive.

Multiple shipping options would help in this regard a TON.

I think what Matt meant was:

The mails dont bounce, the mails are simply not read, due to the reciever being away at work (Gen Con USA). Once they arrive home and recieve the mail there are quite some to answer. Many too many to answer right away.

Next.

I don't think that other shipping options would have helped. I read Matt's statement like this: The books are being shipped as soon as they are produced ;) Your five bucks more wouldn't help making the printing machines go faster.

Just my interpretation of things!

I really think some of the international (i.e. non-UK) people posting on this forum need to get a bit of a reality check. Most international air mail takes at least 10 business/delivery days depending on the destination. The standard for UK to US (and vice versa) shipping is 2 full weeks for first class international air mail. Any faster than that is unusual.

International buyers should really get used to not receiving their books until 2-3 weeks after the "official" release date.

Tabris said:
International buyers should really get used to not receiving their books until 2-3 weeks after the "official" release date.

I am in Australia and have recieved things within a week when ordering from Mongoose and other overseas companies.

Eternalknight said:
Tabris said:

I am in Australia and have recieved things within a week when ordering from Mongoose and other overseas companies.

You've gotten lucky then, not to mention Australia's traditional trade ties with the UK (and thus more international flights heading there). Many countries are not so lucky, the US and its own awful postal service being one of them.

I'm from Italy (a little near to UK than Australia), pre-ordered on the last week of July, and actually I did not received the book yet.

Still waiting :(

fly80 said:
I'm from Italy (a little near to UK than Australia), pre-ordered on the last week of July, and actually I did not received the book yet.

Still waiting :(

That doesn't bode well for the rest of us then! :D

saztam said:

The last of the orders are being put together now, and will be in the post by Friday at the latest.

saztam said:

As Cut said, the shipping has never been the problem. . .

I'm more concerned about the quality of the package and book.
Package for the book is inadeguate and made it damaged easly. Usually hardbook should be packed with a protection. Mine was damaged cause of that (corners angled and side dented). This could be avoided.
I'm from Italy I got my copy but a defective one as I said in other topics. About the book quality I already give my feedback, I hope the new copy wont be so faulty.

Last of the orders?

So what you are saying is that mine hasn't even shipped yet?

And I pre-ordered... that puts me another two to three even four months out before I get my book, and yet people on these boards who did NOT pre order have already recieved their book.

This total thing is a botch job from the beginning.

I anticipate the arrival of my FFTD book, so that I can finally be done with this foul company, and it's crappy business tactics. This will be the last thing I will ever buy of theirs.

G'day Matt,

I sent you an email yesterday about a mistake I made in the shiping address for Fire on the Water; just wonderinf if you got it?

saztam said:
Last of the orders?

So what you are saying is that mine hasn't even shipped yet?

And I pre-ordered... that puts me another two to three even four months out before I get my book, and yet people on these boards who did NOT pre order have already recieved their book.

Same here, but it has been explained many times as to why that happened. For me, I see no point in getting angry, but rather that at least I know I won't get a defective copy (or, at least, I'm pretty sure I won't) :)

saztam said:

Well, we had to wait how long again for anything new Lone Wolf?! Years and years...Finally the Mongoose pick up the gamebooks and start them off in a all new edition as hardbacks and all we can do is complain? Oh do come on.

We have waited so long, now some of us are waiting a bit more. What's the big deal? I mean I'd rather wait a bit longer for a book to be delivered and have it in perfect conidition that it will last for years of enjoyment, than be one of the firsts to get it and its binding might not hold up or something. The Mongooses are doing what they can. It is their jobs to make good books and sell 'em. It's how they make a living. If they can't get out their stuff it hurts them as much as it hurts the costumer.

Anyway: One more piece of advice I have to offer you.
I have made only the best experiences with the company's custumer support. They gladly sort out any kind of problem, might it be damaged or delayed goods. Usualy they even put some small "thank you" token into the package once it get's delivered. They even make special arrangements to customers in need without making a big wind about it.
Just dropping them a friendly mail (directed at Msprange@mongoosepublishing.com or Sales@mongoosepublishing.com)will most of the time do the job. Believe me, I have been dropping lines myself and was helped every single time!!!

So try to calm down, stop beining impolite, expect your great book to arrive and look forward to the rest of the Lone Wolf series... ;-) As we all do...

Expection is half the fun, they say :D

Look, no one should put up with receiving defective merchandise or excessive delays in receiving goods they paid for.

However, a delay of a mere 3 weeks in receiving the first run of a very high demand item is not unreasonable. Mongoose has been very forthcoming in the reasons behind the delays.

Personally I am quite thankful that these books are going to be back in print. It is a small miracle that Mongoose took the risky move of publishing a type of book that has not been popular for more than two decades.

It's not a delay of a mere 3 weeks.

Thats what was told to me up above.

They say it will take two weeks AT BEST to get me my book. normal speed is three to four weeks.

I pre ordered my copy, and it has already been three weeks and three days.

Add that on to the shipping time it equated to 6 to 7 weeks, possably 8

That is what is total crap. The fact that my book has not or was just shipped and it was a pre order copy, and people who ordered after the release have already gotten theirs.

If you go to a steak house, and order a meal, if it takes two hours to get to you, you complain. Why? BAD SERVICE.

I anticipate the arrival of my FFTD book, so that I can finally be done with this foul company, and it's crappy business tactics

Please, that's totally OTT. The book is fantastic - mine was late but please, these guys have resurected many good childhood memories and it's a great great version of a previously marginal book (it used to be the worst in the series by a long way)

Back