BLAST FROM THE PAST! HOWS EVERY ONE DOING?

MattRendar

Mongoose
hows every one doing ! whats going on with sst .its been a while since ive been playing . still have all my figs just waiting for the next rules . i def miss playing the game! so are they still doing sst evo? when i think about the original sst rules were fine they just needed a little refinement! well its good to be on the boards again!

Hey Matt Welcome Back!

Well SST Evo is now Dead. The prepaints and preassembled models are not going to happen.

Instead they are revising the original rules (which should largely be the same we are told) and armies, and reproducing the lines.

They are aiming for a summer 08 release. We have seen previews of a new Brain Bug model, notably Resin.

It would seem that we will get our aircraft and such in resin as well... not the plastic we all hoped for, but at least they will exist!

So yeah, in my opinion, things are looking up, not as exciting or flashy, but I have allot more faith that this will actually happen.

Other than that... well, I'm pretty good, I just keep making terrain and conversions :)

Stick around- :p

It's great to see you back! Gauntlet did so well with his update that I don't see much to add. :D

I'd say things are in a rebound and we'll be seeing a 2nd ed. rulebook and new "toys" to use with the game. :D

Well, I've still got all my models - the majority of the bugs still not painted.
Unfortunately my local players have all given up and sold off their armies :(

Still, will be nice to see some activity and hopefully get to playing the game again.

Alexb83 said:
Well, I've still got all my models - the majority of the bugs still not painted.

Still, will be nice to see some activity and hopefully get to playing the game again.

Well, get out your paint brushes, heh. I'm still working on stuff when I can. :)

It's going to be an endurance event - I've got 3 guards, 10 ripplers, about 50 warriors, 3 spiders and a mantis hunter & assassin to do.

Blargh...

Alexb83 said:

I'm not far from you and still have my army. Though i haven't played in a LONG time. I'll most likely pick up a copy of the revised rules at least and try and get some use out my M.I

Definately - we never did manage to get a game organised. I will look forward to the revised rules - in the meantime like Buships says, I will get my brushes out.

Bloomin' bugs were one of the few things I really would've liked pre-painted... so much repitition!

The Bugs aren't so bad really. I just use a large sheet of cardboard and lay out the assembled units. I usually start them upside down for the first spray pass of primer, then flip them over and finish the primer coat. I re-flip 'em for the main color coat and then do the last main color pass standing up (not me, the models silly :wink:). Then it's brush time for the details.

I'm sure that's what you're really talking about though, adding the detail fiddly bits of colors. The trick to painting Arachnids is not to think "human" but to think as a Bug might, lol. Then it's not so monotonous, see? :lol:

BuShips said:
I'm sure that's what you're really talking about though, adding the detail fiddly bits of colors. The trick to painting Arachnids is not to think "human" but to think as a Bug might, lol. Then it's not so monotonous, see? :lol:

Cause then every single bug is not "another goddamn miniature" but "Another glorious creature of the hive, ready and set do destroy everything in its path, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA"?

Yeah, that works. :lol:

Just don't let it get out in a general way, or the humans will send a butterfly net out for all of us. :wink:

I myself have returned from where ever it was that I went... or something like that I dunno. It's really nice though to hear that air units and a new brain bug among other things is going to show up, and I'm curious to see what changes get done to the rules.

School has been a bit hectic and working on my game has leeched away my internet time to hardly anything, but it'll be calming down after mid years so I'll have more time for MGPs' forums and I finally got an entire basement to myself, so now I got a room dedicated to game boards as well as another room to make terrain, convert minis, and (hopefully) paint all that bare metal mocking me on the painting table o.0 and two rooms currently unused.

Cheers!

Back