BF Evo, future weapons

There's no recoil. Instead, there's the power supply. And miles of wiring. And reload (should I rather say "recharge") time.
But yes, when everything is in the mood to work correctly and the shot hits the target (heard there are some serious problems with targeting being screwed up by the magnetics fields, so at times the whole thingie is down to good old binoculars-and-hope system) it does penetrate the armour, just like much simplier and cheaper ATMs ^^

Actually...not really Makoto. See, IAT's Electromagnetic division is pretty up to date on their technology, seeing as they're the gentlmen/women that have been given a large contract by the Navy and Army to develop these E.M. weapons.

Concept vehicle:

RailGunArmoredVehicleModel_3.jpg

IAT's display from the 24th Army Science Conference:

RailgunIAT_1.jpg

RailgunIAT_2.jpg

All that seems nice and cool, but all in all I'm unsure. I mean, a railgun. C'mon, that's science fiction!

Well, tech goes forward. But this would rend tanks more or less useless, wouldn't it?

Oh and Hiro, I was more or less begging to get wacked when I wrote the rail comment. You're loosing it :wink:
And why would they make me loader :?:

That way when you mess up you'll only get wacked in the head by the gun coming back, Kristovich.

And nah....it didn't deserve a newspapering.

Hiromoon said:
That way when you mess up you'll only get wacked in the head by the gun coming back, Kristovich.

Now that could hurt :shock:
Then again I'm sure the rest of the crew would get more than a couple of laughs :lol:

Hiromoon said:
And nah....it didn't deserve a newspapering.

No? Then what deserves a newspapering these days?

Hiromoon said:
*sniggers* I think the commander and gunner are going to love you, Kristovich.

Either that or hate me when I get smacked in the middle of a battle :lol:

Now then, were you ironic or not?

*sighs* when the drill sergeant is yelling at you, politely tell them you only respond to wacks with a rolled up newspaper.

Hiromoon said:
*sighs* when the drill sergeant is yelling at you, politely tell them you only respond to wacks with a rolled up newspaper.

Ohh, now I see :D
So what, they send for you to give me a wacking? :lol:

Nope. Believe it or not, most armies have their own newspaper. So, the Swedish army will just have to use a Swedish army newspaper on you.

As pertains to the furture technology, studies have shown that soldiers deployed with rolled up newspapers report three times less Kristovich sightings.

Really now? But they'd still need someone to wack me with that newspaper, won't they? :lol:

Hiromoon said:
As pertains to the furture technology, studies have shown that soldiers deployed with rolled up newspapers report three times less Kristovich sightings.

That is going into my sig!

But do you know what happens to the soldiers who aren't deployed with rolled up newspapers? :twisted:

Ever wondered why they came up with the 'human wave' concept?

It was the only way to kill the Kristovich that was terrorising their army. Now though, with this new info, I'll send another of my minions to China :twisted:

Kristovich, you crazy crazy Swede.

Just to bring this back to the forefront.

Hiromoon said:
Actually...not really Makoto. See, IAT's Electromagnetic division is pretty up to date on their technology, seeing as they're the gentlmen/women that have been given a large contract by the Navy and Army to develop these E.M. weapons.

Concept vehicle:

RailGunArmoredVehicleModel_3.jpg

IAT's display from the 24th Army Science Conference:

RailgunIAT_1.jpg

RailgunIAT_2.jpg

I wouldn't say crazy, maybe mentaly unstable, but not crazy :lol:

Now I still think such stuff belongs in Sci-Fi.

Also those tanks or whatever they are at the rear of the vehicle look kinda exposed to me.

Back