AT-43 minis pictures.

JoseDominguez said:
What? The mongoose forum is the most welcoming, pleasant forum I've ever visited.... there have been a couple of serious arguments, but that's it. The fact that you are able to mention other games without being shutdown is part of this, there's no point trying to flamebait by mentioning other compainies as it just gets discussed, would you prefer a mongoose fanboy website?

No, I would not prefer a "fanboy" website. And while there have been some serious arguments, there have also been some debates that turned down-right nasty and after much mudslinging were shut down. I am not saying that they should ban any comments regarding other company's products, I just think that they should apply a little more through with their moderating. A major pet peeve of mine.

JoseDominguez said:
I'd like to think MG attracts a more mature audience (and I don't mean older players, just more mature).

I must admit that recently this forum has greatly improved, but in the past this was definitely not the case. In fact, it was due to the immaturity and lack of any kind of control on this forum that I originally stopped posting here. Thankfully this seems to have changed for the better, at least as far as the maturity of the members who post on this forum.

JoseDominguez said:
And AT-43 is directly relevant to evo, it's the only other product that's really comparable at the moment. I'll be getting both, AT-43 because my group is looking for new games to play, but we don't have the time to paint full armies, and evo because 1) They do look pretty good 2) we are already sold on the SST mechanics.

Yes, I can see how it is relevant to Evo in the sense that they are both skirmish level sci-fi games. I just question how appropriate it is for the most recent pics of a competitor's game system being posted on the forum. To me it would be like Sony advertising XBox games on their website. Does that make sense to you?

well after seeing thr prepaints at mongoose i have to say, its in mongooses advantage, as at the mo were going ooooooooo

then were saying will MGP ones be as good

all i can say is there gonne be not as good but a damn sight better !!!

dyssnowman said:
JoseDominguez said:
What? The mongoose forum is the most welcoming, pleasant forum I've ever visited.... there have been a couple of serious arguments, but that's it. The fact that you are able to mention other games without being shutdown is part of this, there's no point trying to flamebait by mentioning other compainies as it just gets discussed, would you prefer a mongoose fanboy website?

No, I would not prefer a "fanboy" website. And while there have been some serious arguments, there have also been some debates that turned down-right nasty and after much mudslinging were shut down. I am not saying that they should ban any comments regarding other company's products, I just think that they should apply a little more through with their moderating. A major pet peeve of mine.

JoseDominguez said:
I'd like to think MG attracts a more mature audience (and I don't mean older players, just more mature).

I must admit that recently this forum has greatly improved, but in the past this was definitely not the case. In fact, it was due to the immaturity and lack of any kind of control on this forum that I originally stopped posting here. Thankfully this seems to have changed for the better, at least as far as the maturity of the members who post on this forum.

JoseDominguez said:
And AT-43 is directly relevant to evo, it's the only other product that's really comparable at the moment. I'll be getting both, AT-43 because my group is looking for new games to play, but we don't have the time to paint full armies, and evo because 1) They do look pretty good 2) we are already sold on the SST mechanics.

Yes, I can see how it is relevant to Evo in the sense that they are both skirmish level sci-fi games. I just question how appropriate it is for the most recent pics of a competitor's game system being posted on the forum. To me it would be like Sony advertising XBox games on their website. Does that make sense to you?

This isn't mongoose's website, this is mongoose's discussion forum, funnily enough, they allow discussions about relevant subjects.
As this is a relevant subject, brilliant. Juat like the GOMC1-1 forum, it's regularly got mini's from other companies mentioned.. it's gamer's discussing subjects relevant to the game. If mongoose don't mind us discussing other companies, why do you? It's what keeps the fanboys away, we don't leap on the slightest mention of another game, therefore, the rabid fanboys of other sites don't bother posting here.
The attitude mongoose has to this site is part of what's attained my loyalty as a customer. They accept criticism, they don't police the forums in a draconian manner and sensible topics run their course.
Many companies claim to be 'run by gamers for gamers' but this is one of the few that's got me convinced. A thread on another forum singing the praises of a game is empty as negative ones are pruned. The fact that I can come on here and read postive info on other companies games makes me a lot more willing to believe positive info about mongoose stuff.

While this looks like something fun to do while I wait for SST Evo to come out, I think I just found my Black Cross mercs and maybe use them for rebel colonies.

Wow, I really like the whole look of the Whitestars. I will be picking up a starter set for sure. I'm not too keen on the rules but Surgeon is right... they will make a great rebel colony for SST. Some generic rules for the Firetoad and Armored suits and you're set.

Mmmm, we should make a thread to create stats for SST... someone should get on that... :D

796154c.jpg

That puppet chick monster thingy is awesome!
I've notticed that the AT-43 models are alot more vibrant and dynamic in their poses than the Evo models we've seen so far.
I'm assuming this new prepainting process has some kind of payoff between paintjob quality and miniatures pose (I.E all Evo figs are static, clutching their weapons tight to the body, but have a better paintjob), anyone got any insight?

Anyway that... thing is incredible, I'll be interested to see what sort of price that comes in at compared to the Forth which seem its equivlant in size.

MaxSteiner said:
I've notticed that the AT-43 models are alot more vibrant and dynamic in their poses than the Evo models we've seen so far.
I'm assuming this new prepainting process has some kind of payoff between paintjob quality and miniatures pose (I.E all Evo figs are static, clutching their weapons tight to the body, but have a better paintjob), anyone got any insight?

Anyway that... thing is incredible, I'll be interested to see what sort of price that comes in at compared to the Forth which seem its equivlant in size.

My guess is economics. You get what you pay for. Rackham has spent A LOT of time and money in R&D, etc for this product. Just consider the year-long promotion before the initial release!

MaxSteiner said:

Sorry, but that thing is kinda silly.
It's like a tank with the driver strapped on it's front armor plates.
Who needs protection?

ugh. ok,maybe i'm biased(i'v never liked the R designs) but if the humies try to keep somestyle, the Terrans seem "all over the place" with their designs. first the smooth faceless constructs, than the spiky faceless constructs, and the mecha(only really good design in that line).now these....things. the first one looks like a biotech concrete mixer, and the second one is even wierder, i guess it might be a special character...nah.

the "lightbulb" blisters on the other side rock :D

Apparently the puppet queen chick and the mouth dog are from a new faction. Hence the difference ins tyles. Behind the puppet queen you can also see a floaty tentacle thing thats in this new faction. Speculation has it that they are psychic so dont need physical protection. Gotta say its really, really sweet.

Hmmm... I thought that the puppet chick was the leader of the first alien race. Still kind of goofy looking. No matter really as I am not buying into it. :D

The mini you guys are talking about just screams "sniper target" to me. Unless the critter is really behind the humanoid and is holding a hostage in front, this model is just asking for a head-shot :wink: .

yeah, having models outside of their armour is completely unrealistic.

Sci fi should be completely believeable with things like giant space cockroaches that fly through hyperspace and act as troop carriers :)

I like them, they are different, I already buy SST, so I wouldn't be interested if it was the same type of stuff anyway.

I like the queen thing, but I've got to say the cyborg dog's anus is pretty strange.

JoseDominguez said:

Sci fi should be completely believeable with things like giant space cockroaches that fly through hyperspace and act as troop carriers :)

I like them, they are different, I already buy SST, so I wouldn't be interested if it was the same type of stuff anyway.

I like the queen thing, but I've got to say the cyborg dog's anus is pretty strange.

Touche, and point taken. I've just never gone over for the Bug Transport either, so at least I'm consistant in that, heh. :wink:

I guess one way to apply logical PSB on it would be to have very good electronic shielding as armor, and showing your disdain for the enemy's ability by riding on the outside of your vehicle, thus showing your side's superiority.

JoseDominguez said:

Well, that's no comparison. Even today nature is doing almost anything better than human science can do. Dogs smell better than any sensor and Bumblebees fly more effective than any plan ever could (actually even today no one can surely say HOW they fly as they're wings seem to be far to small to lift them into the air).

So a giant space cockroach with a biological warp drive flying at parsec speed isn't even THAT absurd as it looks on first glance.

Back