Armageddon: WOW

katadder

Mongoose
well have seen the fabled tome tonight and can i just say wow, its excellant.

centauri players rejoice, i believe our armageddon ship is definately the best :) altho the fast thing is only worth its level v ISA

ISA, meh, is ok but the victory definately worth armageddon level now.
earthforce - lol lost all your decent warships :)
flying brick is cool for the league
kabintak, ok, fast cruiser, think may be better than bintak altho thats personal pref.

the ancients- dont go near one unless you have 2 fleets full of warships :)
shadows/vorlons: meh, ok bit better but dont think worth that much

few rule changes/updates for the most part very good, emines better as we know, stealth i think is good fix.
fighters: well i dont like it, think its broken again and may be point of contention but you will have to wait and see.

not long now people, rejoice in the fact its coming (and with nothing like the errors that were in SFOS)

katadder said:

centauri players rejoice, i believe our armageddon ship is definately the best :) altho the fast thing is only worth its level v ISA

kabintak, ok, fast cruiser, think may be better than bintak altho thats personal pref.

few rule changes/updates for the most part very good, emines better as we know, stealth i think is good fix.
fighters: well i dont like it, think its broken again and may be point of contention but you will have to wait and see.

not long now people, rejoice in the fact its coming (and with nothing like the errors that were in SFOS)

you mean it has BIGGER errors?!?!

katadder said:

Oh, that is just cruel... :wink:

Your gonna make us wait after you give opinions like that... your :twisted: .

lol hiffano, no bigger errors, 2 very minor ones were pointed out to me and they arnt errors that will effect your gameplay or anything and you prob wont even notice them, i doubt i would have if not pointed out.

nice FAQ section at the rear sorts out a few things (like WS dodge etc).

and yes i am :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

will see what i can think to give,
adira is amzing, extreme firepower and protection, will take on any other races armageddon ship.
liati is like a big whitestar but war level altho think only worth that level versus ISA.
the narn fast cruiser is war level and has interceptors
whitestar carrier and gunship both warlevel but still prefer standard whitestars over these and the fighters are dangerous but fragile.
marathon is battle level, kind of a better omega crossed with a nova.

vorlons/shadows could possibly be better if they take damage like the rest of the ancients instead of the vorlon/shadow damage table, otherwise not much improvement there, or atleast not enuf to make them armageddon level. also shadow vessels now come with fighters for free.

no to the 1st question(s)
IMO yes fighters are much more powerful now, complete swing the opposite direction from what they were, in fact i can see the old fighter waves coming back in with all your points spent on patrol level fighters.

katadder said:
IMO yes fighters are much more powerful now, complete swing the opposite direction from what they were, in fact i can see the old fighter waves coming back in with all your points spent on patrol level fighters.

That is not necessarily a good thing.

think new fighter rules will definately be a bone of contention. depends, did you all like the original fighter rules? personally the new one i think are overpowered and even tho never saw the original rules think this is going back that direction.

Certainly a small shuffle backwards to make fighters a touch more powerful will be a good thing. What I don't want is another giant leap.

But something tells me I will still only get one Nial flight for a patrol point.

Fighters are seen to be powerful in the show, though, so the puny fighters we have in SFoS are just wrong.

To my mind, if players are going to abuse fighters by taking no ships at all, they're not fit to play the game and should be shunned. I'd just like to see Sentris and Raziks be useful for more than dogfighting, even if their ship-killing ability is limited. Rutarians should be worth the cost of taking them...

katadder said:
no to the 1st question(s)

I would have to disagree with that. Fighters are slightly more powerful.

They have in no way gone back to their pre-SfoS power.

I am with Majinga here, if you dont want to release it printed yet dont do it but put a pdf version online to buy. c'mon pleaseeeee.... :roll:

Entirely my fault, LDtD. He has the good fortune to go to the same local wargaming club as I and takes full advantage whenever I bring something new to look over, such as my copy of the Armageddon book.

He spent a considerable time scouring the book, looking at the shiney new rules and ships, working out what he liked and disliked (and making the occassional very odd noise..... :shock: :D ).

Back