Armageddon 2089 a re-birth?

SnowDog

Mongoose
Hi,

As the Armageddon 2089 never hit the shelves in Finland (or at least my FLGS) and that d20 system was not my favorite system anyway I am wondering whether the game will rise like a phoenix using Mongoose's Traveller rules?

Oooh, I'd never considered that, I would actually buy into that, I'd love to see A:2089 resurrected. And I have 2 complete sets of the d20 books.

LBH

No? I thought that it would be a pretty predictable move if the game would be re-released.

Hmm... maybe I should put this one to another section of the forums, too. :)

Well I know MAtt is probably fed up of me clamouring for the other 4 A:2089 novels, but he's probably surprised about me actively wanting an existing game to come out in a new ruleset.

There are 2 differences:

1) I knew A:2089 was pretty much a dead line when I got into it

2) They haven't prmomised compatibility :lol:

Shotgun Mike rules, I really should stat him up sometime.

LBH

Having seen your posts about B5 I can see how your reaction will surprise Matt :D

Let's see if anything comes from this. Personally I don't have the books (A:2089 that is) but the consept is cool although I like smaller mecha (like Heavy Gear).

If I boldly speculate then maybe Mongoose will upgrade the EW rules if the new version will come up? I heard that EW was supposed to be very important in the game but it didn't come out that way in the final game. Is that correct?

Hi guys,

A2089 is indeed on the cards. PIck one or more of the following;

1. Novels
2. RPG (yes, probably Traveller based).
3. Miniatures game (we want to see a mecha game in the future, though it is also competing with another possibility here).

These are what we are currently looking at. It won't be a superfast decision, but it _is_ the sort of thing that bubbles away in the background. You never know when we will give it the green light and put it into warp speed :)

I'll take 4 or 5 of the first option and at least one each of the other two options please. And a strawberry shake and some fries on the side :lol:

LBH

Let me know when the novels are out and I'll buy them then and there- found the first most enjoyable.

RPG - not a fan of traveller but as that system is likely to have less crunch pages than D20 - which have pages and pages of useless stats (for me) - i'll be interested - again I express my hope that it will be in colour. Be buying it for the fluff :D

Tabletop - hmm - well its competing with BattleTech so would need to be damn good to beat that..............if its Battelfield Evo variant I'll pass as that system confuses me - sad but true.

look forward to the first and the 2nd - the third is only a maybe.......... :)

I never really got to play this game, it was one of the ones that seemed to slip thru the net sort of thing.
i would be interesting to see what happens and if it used the Traveller system then at least Im familiar with that one.

Rog.

1) Hmm... novels. I have not seen the previous ones (I assume there are some already out there) so it would be nice to see some.

2) Yeah, RPG is exactly what I am looking for. If it is not for Traveller system then please, something new entirely :)

3) Tactical game. I am pretty sure that EVO rules would work with that but that would definitely need proper minis instead of relying on third party minis like Modern Combat and WaW is using now (same thing for Starship Troopers).

Anyway, it's good to see that this setting is not forgotten entirely.

There is currently one novel, Standing Together by M J Dougherty, I knw for a fact that there exists at least one more unpublished, and have it on good authority that there is at least a trilogy if not a quintology of novels.

As for rules system, only come up with a new one if you have to, but for goodness sake whatever you choose this time, stick with it, no changing systems down the line. I vote it not be D&D 4E based though :lol:

LBH

I'm afraid that the novel never got to our shores :(

As the game is more or less tactical game then there is this possibiliti that it will be using D&D 4th ed (if it will be relaunched at all). My guess is that Wraith Recon will lead the way and it's success will tell a lot...

Why not if you want to go with d20 (but on the other hand why make that kind of conversion when there is already d20 game?).

I own both versions of Spycraft but not Armageddon so I don't know how much Armageddon rules differ from Spycraft but Spycraft 2.0 has nice modifications to standard d20 (like the way NPCs are handled).

SnowDog said:
Why not if you want to go with d20 (but on the other hand why make that kind of conversion when there is already d20 game?).

Presumably for similar reasons to Alderac for moving to SC 2.0, I think it might work well. Plus Mongoose have a relationship of sorts with the publishers of the system.

LBH

msprange said:
Hi guys,

A2089 is indeed on the cards. PIck one or more of the following;

1. Novels
2. RPG (yes, probably Traveller based).
3. Miniatures game (we want to see a mecha game in the future, though it is also competing with another possibility here).

These are what we are currently looking at. It won't be a superfast decision, but it _is_ the sort of thing that bubbles away in the background. You never know when we will give it the green light and put it into warp speed :)

*Reappears from the ether*

Novels? YES.

If nothing else happens, i'd love the novels, as the first one was absolutely fantastic.

I know, there is a trilogy that is actually finished if I recall correctly, but it hasn't been released unfortunately. I was hoping that once the printer they bought had all the kinks out of it that they would print some up then but it never happened sadly.

The second book was never released either was it?

Back