And the Sky Full of SHadowsouled.

Brucifer

Mongoose
QUick one this - Will the Shadowsouled be represented in the forthcoming "And the Sky full of Stars" expansion?
ALso WHat about the Drakh, Ch'Lonas etc?

Ta muchly. :)

There may be a mention of the Shadowsouled in aSFOS, but given that they really only use older Minbari designs, there will likely be no specific ships creditied to them.

That said, there will be a complete system for using "Shadow Tech" or "Vorlon Tech" to modify existing vessels. That will allow people to create any hybrid ship they want. Think it would have made more sense for the EA to make a Shadow Hyperion first? You'll be able to crank one out in minutes with the new system. That's a promise.

As for other races, if I have materials on them, they'll be in the book. Nothing further on that yet.

Take care,
-August

Does this mean you guys will have a ship construction/modification system to allow people to create ship types they want to see or will it just be how to apply first ones tech to the other races?

Ok, I personally would like to see a ship construction/modification system in place myself. I'd like the chance to tinker with some of the established ship classes in order to create specialty variants. I'd love the chance to test out a Nova Dreadnought with Heavy LPAs on it (granted it would be half the number but still).

LoneStranger said:
Ok, I personally would like to see a ship construction/modification system in place myself. I'd like the chance to tinker with some of the established ship classes in order to create specialty variants. I'd love the chance to test out a Nova Dreadnought with Heavy LPAs on it (granted it would be half the number but still).

You do realize that's still an insane number of Heavy LPAs don't you? You'd be rivaling the Neshatan Gunship in shear firepower!

I understand what I'm saying (although actually the Minbari gunship has 10 neutron lasers on it). Who's to say the reactor can handle the strain of that many big guns on it? That's something that can be built into the system for ship creation.

It's something to think about.

Actually, I've toyed with an idea like this in the past as well. Except I took a little different route in design modification. Borrow an Omega class ship hull and cram another reactor inside it. Then you just start sticking on heavy weapons mounts on the exterior hull. You might have to remove the fighter bays in order to make room, but then a ship like this was never built as a carrier. It's there to make other ships disappear at long range, either by running away or through vaporization of their hulls.

Workable, maybe not, but it would certainly be interesting.

The reason I didn't modify a nova was becuase the ship hulls are aging as it is and have all ready seen serious refit. Didn't think they would be able to handle the added strain of a serious refit like this.

Well depending on the era you could modify a ship however you want. If a game isn't being played in the "modern" era of B5, EarthForce (or whichever race you want to do stuff for) would experiment with different weapons on some of the mounts. If you don't believe me look at all the Hyperion variants in the EA book.

Back