would you play an AvP miniatures game

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• not sure

• Total voters
i'm just making these as house rules, anyone who wants um is welcome to um but if you just wanna play with standard armies that cool. i tried making avp using 40k but it didnt work but it does with sst rules so i can now

I have seen a Aliens Drop ship and APC on hobby link japan and i think there are about this scale.

www.hlj.com

Would be great to see as long as it was not based on that hunk of crap movie that a certain hack director and so called "writer and self proclaimed biggest AvP fan" had to do with.

Some great ideas here just stay away from that movie.

Daithi O'an tSionnaigh said:
Would be great to see as long as it was not based on that hunk of crap movie that a certain hack director and so called "writer and self proclaimed biggest AvP fan" had to do with.

Paul W. S. Anderson seems to ruin every property he touches. *coughcoughresidentevilcoughalienscoughpredatorcough*

If an Aliens / Predator game were to be made, I'd suggest using only Alien, Aliens (uncut), Alien^3 (uncut), and Predator as the basis.

Any if Colonial Marines are to be involved, you've GOT to use the Colonial Marines Technical Manual as a source.

All this talk reminds me of the Aliens game that I made years and years ago that used Leading Edge Games' 25mm miniatures and Space Hulk tiles. That was fun, especially when the Colonial Marines player deployed Sentry Guns! :)

the movie was pretty lame compared to the seperate ones but i'm more basing this on the strategy game, aliens vs predator: extinction

Edit: on that note, anyone whose played the game, what do you think to using the robogear T-rex as the Exo-suit, i know it dont look much like it but it damn cool and fits the same role really

judgedoug said:
If an Aliens / Predator game were to be made, I'd suggest using only Alien, Aliens (uncut), Alien^3 (uncut), and Predator as the basis.

"Aliens Special Edition" is the proper name for it.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
judgedoug said:

"Aliens Special Edition" is the proper name for it.

Same difference. I've been referring to the 154 minute version as Aliens Uncut since I first bought it on Laserdisc last decade (yes, that's how much I love Aliens, I bought a Laserdisc player just to get the uncut version).

I know, but I thought it might help people find it in DVD stores if they know the proper name.

I usually refer to it as ALiens Spec Ed, amongst my friends.

LBH

Well, any _true_ fan would own the Alien Quadrilogy :)

Seriously, the extended/uncut/whatever of Alien^3 is VASTLY superior to the theatrical release. I always hated how characters just sort of disappeared in the theatrical cut of Alien^3...

I have to totally agree on that one. I had read the novel and The SE of Alien 3 is amazing and is faithfull to the novel. Also the SE explains alot more, the continuity is smoother and of course the Bishop scene where he screams "I am not a droid" really sends AvP's (the movie) logic right out the frickin window.

Worst mistake Anderson did was make the setting modern day. He was better off putting it more in the dark furturistic universe of the Alien series since the Predator's have space travel. Easier to fit them into an Alien story than fit Aliens into a present day Predator story. He just plain sucks. Can ya tell I really really really hate this piece of crap? :p

I think we need two more Predator movies written by the Thomas brothers.

a few reasons to read the AvP novels... 1. Language and the culture of predators is gone into! Seriously the novels have the point of view of the predators and can give you a lot of insight...

2. more weapons

3. By the way, i really hated the AVP movie, when they decided that predator weapons would melt ...they dont melt. Not according to any of the other fictions. They treat them somehow to make them resistant. because? because they know theyll be hunting aliens durr... anywho- dont Dont trust the AvP movie, its entire idea about the predators on earth and such in prehistory is really terrible... youll find much better fiction from the graphic and non-graphic novels.

Back