Age of Treason WOW!!!!!!!

I would just like to add my voice to those singing the praises of Age of Treason. This is an incredibly evocative campaign setting and you can tell it was a labor of love. I especially enjoyed the adventures included, a wonderful "slice of life" look at the Taskan militia that brought the world to life for me. In fact, I enjoyed it so much, I'd like to throw a suggestion into the ring for the campaign to be continued at some point if there are any plans for more supplements. I want to see what the Taskan Empire looks like at war and be able to throw PC's in the middle of it! Regardless, well done to all involved, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

I got an email response from DriveThruRPG.com's customer service. They found the problem with the PDF yesterday and fixed it this morning.

I have found Age of Treason to be a great source of Out-of-the-Gloranthan-Box thinking. If I don't run an Age of Treason based game, I will be borrowing a lot of ideas from it for my own world.

Titus said:
I have found Age of Treason to be a great source of Out-of-the-Gloranthan-Box thinking. If I don't run an Age of Treason based game, I will be borrowing a lot of ideas from it for my own world.

You are so right about that. I don't think Glorantha is very interesting so as many new-to-mrq players as Age of Treason or some of the other new material.

I just received my copy of Age of Treason and I'd like to add my voice to the people praising the book. Although a number of people have commented on how cool the cover is, it's worth mentioning that some of the interior art is also very evocative - here's hoping that we see more artwork in the same vein from the rest of the Legend product line!

Prime_Evil said:
here's hoping that we see more artwork in the same vein from the rest of the Legend product line!

Probably not. I believe the artwork was sourced by the author himself (the book has been published through Flaming Cobra (or what it has become)).

Prime_Evil said:
I just received my copy of Age of Treason and I'd like to add my voice to the people praising the book. Although a number of people have commented on how cool the cover is, it's worth mentioning that some of the interior art is also very evocative - here's hoping that we see more artwork in the same vein from the rest of the Legend product line!

When can i buy online!!!!?!? (as a PDF)

taxboy said:
Prime_Evil said:

Age of Treason is available online through RPG Now.

Here's the direct link:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=94547&filters=0_0_0_0&manufacturers_id=45

It's well worth the entry price.

Let's hope that we see future products develop the setting further!

Stainless said:
Prime_Evil said:
here's hoping that we see more artwork in the same vein from the rest of the Legend product line!

Probably not. I believe the artwork was sourced by the author himself (the book has been published through Flaming Cobra (or what it has become)).

That's a pity. The maps and interior artwork really are outstanding - they capture the feel of the setting perfectly. I vastly prefer it to the anime-inspired artwork that we saw for the Legend core rulebook previously.

Prime_Evil said:
taxboy said:
Prime_Evil said:

Age of Treason is available online through RPG Now.

Here's the direct link:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=94547&filters=0_0_0_0&manufacturers_id=45

It's well worth the entry price.

Let's hope that we see future products develop the setting further!

Sweet - thanks, found, bought, downloaded and printed - just waiting for one of my team to bind it for me (thank you work industrial printers and binders)!!!

I'm a long-time lurker of these boards, but I simply had to register to express my delight at the Age of Treason book.

I received it in the mail last week and have been reading it non-stop since. It's clear a lot of creativity, love and hard work went into its writing: Thank You.

I will be shamelessly lifting various ideas you put forth for my Hyborian Age: Adventures on the Barachan Isles campaign, and perhaps in the longer term I will start a new campaign in the world you have created.

I look forward to seeing more, and keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Daniel

PS: I have only bought a physical copy. Is there somewhere a printer-friendly electronic character sheet?

PPS: The art in the book is great! I particularily enjoy the hand-drawn maps of the various desert settlements in the adventure section.

So I recently started a Howardesque, sword and sorcery RQII/Legend campaign. This book has really got my interest.

Richard said:
You won't be disappointed.

Indeed. It's a superb setting if you like traditional swords & sorcery adventure with a few dark fantasy elements. In addition, the interior artwork is very evocative. I only hope that we will see more material for the AoT setting in the future!

He there,

can you tell a curious gamer some facts about the book ? What kind of land is descreibed in it ?

Xemides said:
He there,

can you tell a curious gamer some facts about the book ? What kind of land is descreibed in it ?

It's hard to do it justice in a few lines, but basically it depicts a decaying empire filled with political intrigue and sinister cults. Think of the final days of the Western Roman Empire or the long decline of the Byzantine Empire if you want some historical reference points. It's also got vampire cults and corrupt nobles and decadent temple prostitutes and secret societies galore. IMHO...the whole setting has a strong swords and sorcery vibe - if you like Robert E. Howard or Karl Edward Wagner or Clark Ashton Smith you'll probably enjoy this book.

I've been reading the excellent Falco novels by Lindsay Davis recently and I'm thinking of the possibilities of an investigative adventure set in the Taskan Empire - a murder mystery that leads into a web of intrigue...

Prime_Evil said:
basically it depicts a decaying empire filled with political intrigue and sinister cults.

I'd modify that a little - noone thinks the Taskan Empire is decaying - it is full of confidence, vigor and still expanding. However it has one huge problem at it's heart, which is an immortal emperor bent on ascending to heaven. This might happen at any time, and the Empire may not survive the trauma...

Hi there again,

after buying it and skimming over it, I notice that there is a lot of space for politics and intrigues. But ist there also room for exploring and adventuring ? The creature list seems small for me and my players are not very fond of politics and intrigues.

Xemides said:
Hi there again,

after buying it and skimming over it, I notice that there is a lot of space for politics and intrigues. But ist there also room for exploring and adventuring ? The creature list seems small for me and my players are not very fond of politics and intrigues.

Only a couple of extra creatures are added - however on page 42 there is a complete list of creatures appearing in Monster Coliseum/Monsters of Legend that can be found in the setting, and where you can expect to encounter them, which is a long list.

If your group likes more trad adventuring, I would expand on the Old Pashoom section in Episode 1 of the Adventures. There is plenty of scope to increase the area of the ruins the adventurers can access and populate it with monsters.

Future books are planned that expand adventurers into the exotic West, where there is fairly unlimited opportunity for classic high adventure.

Simulacrum said:
Future books are planned that expand adventurers into the exotic West, where there is fairly unlimited opportunity for classic high adventure.

So theres a chance that we may see some future expansions of the setting?

Back