[ACTASF] Core Rulebook Scenarios

scoutdad

Mongoose
It's coming down to the wire on the release of ACTASF 1.2, and I need a bit of help.

I recall there were a few concerns raised about one or two of the scenarios in the core rulebook, but I can not seem to remember the specific scenarios or the specific issues.
If anyone has had (or can recall mention of) an issue with any of the existing scenarios or tactical challenges; please post them here.

Thanks,
Tony

I can remember two being raised, but neither will apply to 1.2 as it stands due to certain rule changes/clarifications.

1) Gravity Well, due to some thinking all ship movement was random (compulsory movement wording). Same with any scenario using Black Holes or Nebulae as terrain features.

2) Recon Run, when defending you could still take a fleet of heavy freighters with the pre-errata stats and grab the scanners with unbreakable tractor beams in near-indestructible ships !

I'll have a hunt around and see if I can spot any others.

Edit: Two others brought up up on this forum:

3) We Come In Peace (Shoot To Kill). Initiative winner can place 3 objectives in his deployment zone, grab them in turn 1's End Phase and disengage on turn 2 to win (more of an issue vs Romulans, or at low point levels I think).

4) Ambush: Again, Romulans :) Big advantage if they can start cloaked as defenders.

Back