Core Rulebook Update 2022 - Has Been Updated!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Good news, fellow Travellers!

We have just updated the FAQ and PDF of the Traveller Core Rulebook Update 2022, after trawling through all the posts, comments, and emails you have been sending us. Simply re-download the PDF from our website or Drivethru, and you will be good to go.

The FAQ summarises all the rules changes and tweaks that have been made, which you can find on the first table entry here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pages/downloads-htm

Neat!
Question about this one though:
DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TURRETS (PAGE 168)
Change the damage for a triple turret with three pulse lasers to 2D+2.
As far as I can see, the example in the book is correct, and this errata changes it into an incorrect value?

Each additional weapon of the same type adds +1 per damage dice. Pulse lasers have a damage rating of 2D, so each additional pulse laser would add 2, for a total of four bonus damage in a triple turret? Or what am I missing?

So, I have to ask….

Since I printed it out.…

Can I reprint the pages you have listed in the FAQ: 21, 39, 54, 88, 100, 124, 129, 142, 153 and get it all, or has any text shifted requiring me to print other pages?

I think the better way to go is to make some "glue in errata."

So, two questions:

1. Can you tell me what fonts you use, so I can duplicate them?
2. Could I make a PDF (and give it away for others to use) that you can cut up and glue into your existing book?

I always felt that it would be nice if publishers could offer errata, you could print out and stick on top of the changes in the book.

1. There will be a few fonts, but that is not my area of expertise. I will see if one of the graphic designers can swing by.

2. You are welcome to make the PDF, but we would ask you not to post it.

I adore this update. It's a lavish addition to one's bookshelf. Though my working edition is still a PDF on a tablet. I don't want my hardcopy to have dogears, fingerprints and coffee stains on it.
Though I might get a working copy and a separate display copy, in the future.

Went straight to see if you had slipped the change to the Vargr STR stat in and was (pleasantly) surprised to see it was there.

2. Could I make a PDF (and give it away for others to use) that you can cut up and glue into your existing book?
I went through my book with a Sharpie to make the corrections. It was painful at first, but I'd much rather have ugly and correct than unknowingly incorrect.

Is also how I updated my Referee Screen to reflect CRB 2022.

For those of you interested, here's the changes between the previous* and this new version of the Errata & FAQ:
*The one I had in my hard drive; there could have been others in-between the two that I missed.

(OBS.: 'Addition' refers to things added to the FAQ & Errata Document, not to the Core Rulebook 2022.)
  • Small Formatting/Typeface updates to the document itself
  • 'Combat Armour' and 'Battle Dress & HE Vacc Suit' tables visually updated to match the books
  • Addition: Noble Events (Page 39)
  • Addition: Vargr Characteristics (Page 54)
  • Addition: Nibbon (Page 88)
  • Addition: Broadsword (Page 124)
  • Addition: Cutlass (Page 124)
  • Addition: Laser Pistol (Page 129)
  • Addition: Light Autocannon (Page 142)
  • Addition: Skipping on Debts (Page 153)
  • Addition: Encounters (Page 155)
  • Addition: Repairs (Page 159)
  • Addition: Sensor Types (Page 160)
  • Addition: Travel Times (Page 163)
  • Addition: Install Drives (Page 179)
  • Addition: Install Bridge (Page 180)
  • Addition: Install Weapons (Page 181)
  • Addition: Weapons (Page 183)
  • Addition: Free Trader (Page 194)
Overall, document page count jumped from 2 to 3 due to all the new entries!

Errata for the Errata: Formatting - The new 'Step 8: Install Weapons (Page 181)' entry should be moved to be under the bridge size table, as the 'Step 5: Install Bridge (Page 180)' reads 'Use the following table instead:'.

(I see my campaign to reduce (back to the tenth it once was) the spare parts required for hull damage repairs has once again failed :cry: )

(it's not like I haven't tried to make that case)
More of an issue is the armour values based on the new Highguard. The armour rules were added, but the ships weren't updated. Hull armour increases 20% for streamlined ships, so scouts, seekers, free and far traders should all need 6 tons of amour, not 5.

(it's not like I haven't tried to make that case)
More of an issue is the armour values based on the new Highguard. The armour rules were added, but the ships weren't updated. Hull armour increases 20% for streamlined ships, so scouts, seekers, free and far traders should all need 6 tons of amour, not 5.
And 24 tons for the patrol corvette. Mercenary cruiser, a little more tricky, since HighGuard reduced the armour to 3, but Sphere should still reduce armour costs, though that is not listed as a choice in the core book, even though the MC is listed as sphere... And don't get me started on the Highguard lab ship lab ship with the docking clamp. Yeah, sorry. I should be doing other work.

Back