ACTA SF

Iron Domokun said:
USS Valiant: A USS Valiant is listed in several Trek episodes, including the Original Series episode A Taste of Armageddon where it went missing. Apparently it also was mentioned in later series. I don't know if this is a license issue or not; just bringing it to your attention.

If you wanted to change the name to something else, I propose Hood (NCC 1707) as a possible replacement; Hood was destroyed by a squadron of Klingon cruisers on Day One of the Klingon Invasion in 2571, and the illustration fits neatly into that story (presumably the third Klingon cruiser is out of frame). Hood is also a name familiar to British audiences.

They'll probably be ok with it, to be honest - all the Con-class CAs were listed in the Technical Manual which I think they had an open-ended license to use anyhow...

Mind you, I'd be more than happy with the Hood... it was my ship in an online RPG group, albeit a later era and a different class...

Ive just been honored to see the new model before its released, here a preview.

trekdog.png

Steve Cole at ADB has posted the first images of a painted Mongoose Starline 2500 miniature on the SFUDB.

You can see them HERE!.
They are near the bottom of the page.

Thanks Scoutdad... appreciated.

That's one nice mini (I actually like the rings like that, but hey...) - the radials and rings on the saucer are barely noticeable, but are visible, so looks like they got that just right - also means that the depth of the rom War Eagle engravings won't be that harsh either - they're more shallow than those radials appeared to be.

Can't wait until Nov/Dec now...

And I suspect it will be November, so people can buy them in for christmas presents... but no pressure, Matt... :)

The Klingon F5 and the Federation new light cruiser are up on the Star line 2500 page that I linked to earlier. I'd repost the link, but baby Xoom doesn't seem to do copying easily. :( It's been suggested that I not do the image linking here, so going there will have to suffice.

Jean

So Jean or Mongoose, I have a few questions about ACTA SF. First off, are you planning to add fighters from the various races and X ships? Would mongoose be allowed to come up its own race and insert it into the universe? Will PFs and Maulers make it into ACTA SF? Really hoping to get both of them in ACTA. Also, are ship from other sectors going to make it into ACT SF. I like the SFU and come back to it all the time when I get tired of other games.
I would also like to compliment the designers who are working hard on the new line of 2500 minis there work is truly appreciated.

Sagan771, I think fighters and gunboats and X-ships (Oh My!) are far enough in the future that it cannot be predicted. I'm pretty sure the Hydrans will have to have fighters.

Creating other Alpha Octant empires is pretty iffy, in my opinion. Omega and Magellanics is probably pretty far down the road. Let's get the first books out before wandering down those paths.

archon96, let's get out the starting rulebook (and the carts after the horses) before trying to get in battleships (or fancy carriages)!

Jean

Sorry if my question was a bit abrupt and terse. I just discovered FC in june so I dont know where in the timeline of releases that the battleships appeared.

archon, you weren't abrupt -- I just hate it when I cannot give a good answer to a question. FC: Klingon Border showed up in fall 2005 and Battleships showed up in the summer of 2007. Mongoose seems to move fast, so it may come out sooner. :)

Does that help?

Jean

Out of interest, does anyone know what parts need to be glued together? If, for example, the warp nacelles on the Federation Frigate and Battle Frigate are separate parts, that gives me all sorts of possibilities to make something more interesting looking. (Actually, if Mongoose sold a box of assorted Federation warp nacelles, saucers and secondary hulls, dedicated SFU fans could assemble their choice of regular ships while folks like me could get creative. Sort of like a SFU Lego set. :))

Will the main rule book have counters? To tie us over until we can get minis. My friends and I were talking about it, and won't be too surprised if this game is such a hit that the minis will be on back order like with B5. Hope not but counters will definitely ease the pain.

davyj0427, I don't know. I do know that ADB sells "spare parts" counters that are for Klingon Border and Romulan Border. In a worst case scenario, those could be ordered to fill in the gap.

Jean

Back