ActA at Gaelcon, thread the third

I wouln't worry about it Lorcan matey - Even people who ordered it direct from Mongoose Towers are still awaiting delivery.

I was told that holding ones breath on this would not be good for ones health! :)

I reckon it was a master plan by LBH to allow him to win a game with his Whitestars. :twisted:

P.S. I bet he responds to this - He just has too.

Digger said:
I wouln't worry about it Lorcan matey - Even people who ordered it direct from Mongoose Towers are still awaiting delivery.

I was told that holding ones breath on this would not be good for ones health! :)

I reckon it was a master plan by LBH to allow him to win a game with his Whitestars. :twisted:

Nope, but I am :p

I got my copy, handed to me by IDGaming, and bloody good chaps they are too :)

Burger said:
From what I've played, the new Armageddon rules are a great improvement over the old tourney. But of course it's whatever you're comfortable running, you need to be familiar with the rules yourselves to settle any possible rules disputes!

If you go with the old tourney rules, can I recommend the usual modifications: Shadow Hunter is hull 5 not 6 but gets free fighters, and Sagittarius is Raid level.

I'd also recommend modifying the hyperspace rules, since the old tourney pack pretty much arbitrarily gives one player an advantage. Either both players can keep up to 2 FAP's in hyperspace, or nobody gets any hyperspace. Both those options are much fairer IMO than rolling a D6 for who gets a hyperspace advantage.

Leave the Shadows as they are!!!!!

Guess which fleet I was planning on taking :twisted:

Shadows, Smadows!!

I see Tenacious B will try anything to win - And what happened to the mightly Dilgar fleet I have heard sooooo much about!! :twisted:

Digger said:

You mean 'to'.

I got my Armageddon at the last Mongoose tourney :p

LBH

If you do use the old tourney rules - I suggest you make the Shadow Hunter Hull 5 (I say this as a Shadow player) and the EA Sag should be upgraded to Raid.

Otherwise the final will be Burger vs. Tenacious B! ;)

I'm thinking of taking Dilgar actually...but not sure I can afford another fleet just yet (...got a smegging parking ticket today!)

emperorpenguin said:
lastbesthope said:
Digger said:

You mean 'to'.LBH

:lol: LBH has done a Dan Quayle! nope the word is indeed "too"

I am unfamiliar with the concept of doing a Dan Quayle, and while 'too' is a word, the correct phrase would have been "He just has to." With one o

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/too

Adverb
too

Likewise; also; in addition.
Over; more than enough; -- noting excess; as too much.

Synonyms
as well (1)
along with (1)
beyond (2, 3)
excessively (2, 3)
over much (2, 3)
very (2, 3)
extremely (2, 3)
unnecessary (2, 3)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/too

Particle
to

(A particle used to mark the following verb as an infinitive.)
I want to leave.
He asked me what to do.
I don’t know how to say it.
To err is human.

Preposition
to

In the direction of, and arriving at (indicating destination).
We are walking to the shop.
(Used after certain adjectives to indicate a relationship:)
similar to ..., relevant to ..., pertinent to ..., I was nice to him, he was cruel to her.
(Used to indicate ratios:)
one to one = 1:1; ten to one = 10:1.
(Used to indicate the indirect object:)
I gave the book to him.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
I am unfamiliar with the concept of doing a Dan Quayle, and while 'too' is a word, the correct phrase would have been "He just has to." With one oLBH

depends on how you read it, I read it that he he said "he just has too" meaning "oh look he just has responded"

trainee TEFL teacher speaking! :lol:

emperorpenguin said:
depends on how you read it, I read it that he he said "he just has too" meaning "oh look he just has responded"

trainee TEFL teacher speaking! :lol:

Ah now I understand. Sorry dude, I thought you're grammar was better than that mistake would suggest :lol:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Ah now I understand. Sorry dude, I thought you're grammar was better than that mistake would suggest :lol:

LBH

YOUR grammar :lol:

wow you're getting this for free do you know how much I should be charging you!? :p

Indeed, I'm tired and redrafted that sentence but missed that bit, it was originally "you're better at grammar"

This is what I get for spending all weekend working on my new Shipviewer.

LBH

Grammar, Ship Builder, Quotes from Dictionaries, Teachers - Sheesh!! :roll:

Get a life both of you - Play more ACTA! :twisted:

Hopefully see you at Gaelcon.

Hash said:
If you do use the old tourney rules - I suggest you make the Shadow Hunter Hull 5 (I say this as a Shadow player) and the EA Sag should be upgraded to Raid.
Bump, to attempt to drag some real content out of this thread rather than mindless spamming and irrelevant arguements.

Burger - I'll probably bump the shadow hunter to hull 5 and the Saggi to Raid, I'll have to give it a little thought (though not to/too much).

Jay - the fleets will be 5 points raid.

Hash said:
I'm thinking of taking Dilgar actually...but not sure I can afford another fleet just yet (...got a smegging parking ticket today!)

Ok, totally off topic, but i'd contest that because that's illegal.
A parking offence is a civil matter.
Under the Bill of Rights, something that our legal system is very firmly based on, a fine cannot be levied on you without criminal proceedings. As parking offences are a Civil matter, you cannot be taken to court over the matter. Therefore you cannot be prosecuted for it.
Thus, the fine is illegal.

And also, if you don't want to go that route, read the fine very carefully. It might just be possible to pay it with... Postage Stamps.
Stamps have the queens head on and are therefore considered legal currency.
If you pay the fine with stamps, they will be sent back to you. Stamps will not be accepted as payment.
If this happens, you can then claim that you have paid the fine and that it was returned to you. If they decline to accept your Legal payment, the same fine cannot be livied on you again.

Back