A few questions...

Hello there! I am very interested in getting into the Lone Wolf RPG, but I am also rather confused and have a few questions:

1. What books do I need to run a game for my friends?

2. Are the adventure books actually adventures for the RPG? Or are they re-prints of the novel adventures?

Thanks for you help!

Hi there.

1. The Lone Wolf Multiplayer Game Book.
Heroes of Magnamund (if you want to give your players extra character options)
Terror of the Darklords (a great adventure that builds off the adventure in the Lone Wolf MPGB)

Sommerlund Guide (released soon) and the Magnamund Bestiary (coming soon).

A note about the LWMPGB - the adventure(s) in the book were combined into 1 adventure, part 2 is freely available in Signs and Portents and can be found here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/sp79.pdf

If you're talking about the new books, like Flight from the Dark, they're stand-alone books. They are actually full of new material and Flight from the Dark is like a Director's Cut of the first book, with a new start and much more.

Many of the books contain bonus adventures as well, where you can play secondary characters and experience adventures like Paido's stop over in Hikas where he discovers a conspiracy and much more.

Hope this is at least somewhat helpful.

MHB,

I would suggest the Lone Wolf Multi-player gamebook as well. The RPG mechanics are easy to run campaigns.

1. The Lone Wolf Multiplayer Game Book.
2. Heroes of Magnamund
3. Terror of the Darklords

There will be other books coming out. You can get the above in PDF also. I like Lone Wolf because the player characters are interesting. At each rank you receive a new power called a discipline. The text suggests starting at rank 5. Unlike D&D classes, LW classes are unique with varied backgrounds. In some ways the fighter classes are more powerful than the D&D types, but the spell casters are weaker. That does not make the spell casting classes in LW unplayable; it just means you will get no Elminster want-a-be. which, is great by me!

JLL

Back