2300AD Update

You should see the deckplans. They're very cool, thanks to Mr. Ian Stead. I'm just finishing up the art list, and hope to have that off tonight. Ran into a snag with the maps, but they should be done in a couple of days, too.

I'm really looking forward to this book, not just as the writer, but also as a fan of the setting.

You mention maps and deckplans - this isn't going to have interior color is it?

I have to admit, this product has me more excited than any supplement so far.

No colour, I'm afraid. Book is deep in editing at Mongoose at the moment, from what I understand.Lots of cool things (DNAMs, anyone?), but no colour.

Colin said:
You should see the deckplans. They're very cool, thanks to Mr. Ian Stead. I'm just finishing up the art list, and hope to have that off tonight. Ran into a snag with the maps, but they should be done in a couple of days, too.

I'm really looking forward to this book, not just as the writer, but also as a fan of the setting.

Glad we like, proud of them we are. Its been good to work with the writer on these. Love the setting also.

Colin said:
No colour, I'm afraid. Book is deep in editing at Mongoose at the moment, from what I understand.Lots of cool things (DNAMs, anyone?), but no colour.
No color? Not a problem. Hey, that will mean it gets off of the presses faster, right? Maybe in time for the holidays?

It's in editing and layout right now, and going a little bit slow, which is entirely my fault. Art has largely been commissioned, and it's all looking good.

Beyond that, though, I have no idea if it will be ready in time for the holidays. I really hope so.

We are trying hard for a pre-Christmas launch, but it is somewhat larger than we were expecting - good for all of you, but it may take us a little longer to work through it.

Hi Guys, thought I would add to the update as this is in my hands at present!

As Colin said he went through it again, bless him he didn't realise I was already a fair way into it at the time! Not to fear I started from scratch on his updated files. It is a huge book but I think that it will be well worth waiting for.

I am marching on in my usual overly critical fashion and have made great progress on it, particularly in the last week. I am even working through what should have been one of my holiday days today in the hope of being able to send it to layout early next week.

Hopefully it will not be long before it finds its way into the shops, just please remember that it has to go through layout and proofing, then through several rounds of my rigorous layout checking! All necessary for a great book.

We are all working as quickly as we can whilst maintaining the high standards that this book deserves.

Charlie

Plans are sorted, well chuffed with them.

Just working on a few ships and then the vehicles.

Its going to be good.

I was just going over the work you did in 2320, Colin, and it was impressive, so I am certain you are doing 2300ad similar if not greater justice.
How much of the original 2300ad art work are you using?

I don't know if any of the previous art is being used at all. I suspect it is not.

The book goes into layout on Monday.

For some reason I thought that this was going to be a 1 book thing, but then I read this in the "State of Mongoose 2011" and rejoiced:

Colin Dunn has been working hard on 2300AD, a new look at the classic setting, now revised for the Traveller rules set. As I write this, the core rulebook is about to go off to print, and Colin has already started work on a wide range of supplements. We’ll be exploring the French Arm first with French Arm Adventures and the French Arm core sourcebook, along with Tools for Frontier Life, the Central Supply Catalogue of 2300AD. Then it will be off to the Chinese Arm, with both a sourcebook and adventure book. If you are looking for a hard science setting where mankind is just setting out for the stars around Earth, then this could well be the game for you.

Really looking forward to seeing how this version stands-up, as I intend to relaunch my old 80/90's club campaign with the brand new ruleset and run it for brand new players, many of whom don't know the 2300AD genre.

Back