2300AD Update

Colin

Mongoose
My wife and I took another look through the document the other day, and found some issues. It has since gone back to Mongoose for their take on it. Current document is 148,000 words or so, plus the near star list, so it's a big book (200+ pages). There's a new cover for it http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/traveller/2300ad/2300ad-core-rulebook.html, deckplans are almost complete, and they look great, courtesy of Mr. Ian Stead. Laurent Esmiol did some of the interior art, and we're working out the rest now. I'm finalizing the world maps and the interior art list.
We've started work on French Arm Adventures, along with Tools for Frontier Living. The French Arm Sourcebook will follow (Atlas, starships, vehicles, and Pentapod goodies).

A good thing for me it's on delay. I too want it to be as good as it can be plus I've been spending way too much on games lately and the wife has taken notice so was fearing she was going to lock me in the ship's locker again.

I like the new cover; much better.

Now that's more bloody like it ....

2300ad.jpg

Yep, the only thing missing is my name, down there at the bottom.

The artist did some very good work on that cover.

If we could judge a book by its cover win have a winner, that's for sure. But please, please take the extra time to weed out the mistakes on the inside.

We have. I went over all the rules, my wife went through all the rest, and in the process of doing the deckplans, Ian Stead gave the ship designs a pretty thorough once-over. Then I gave them another once-over, and I think we're good. Extensive play-testing of both the ship design system and the character generation should help, too.

Now it's with Mongoose. Hopefully they catch anything we missed.

Yep, that cover is a vast improvement. Logo is great too.
It certainly retains a link to the original.

Glad to see Mongoose are using Ian and Laurent on the ships and not someone new, those guys are probably the most expert on 2300ad out of anybody around and that fills me with confidence.

Airlock14 said:
Glad to see Mongoose are using Ian and Laurent on the ships and not someone new, those guys are probably the most expert on 2300ad out of anybody around and that fills me with confidence.

Thanks Airlock14 and Colin.

The plans have I've enjoyed doing alot. Some of my best yet, I think.

That is a damn fine cover, yep, agreed got some GDW overtones in there.

Colin said:
We have. I went over all the rules, my wife went through all the rest, and in the process of doing the deckplans, Ian Stead gave the ship designs a pretty thorough once-over. Then I gave them another once-over, and I think we're good. Extensive play-testing of both the ship design system and the character generation should help, too.

Now it's with Mongoose. Hopefully they catch anything we missed.
I have faith in you Colin. I'm sure you've done a great job. Can't wait!

Ewan said:
That is a far better cover.
Better, imho. This is what GDW could do if they had the latest toys...but this cover is way better. Reminds me a bit of what Gypsy Knight Games is doing - who have excellent covers, as well.

If the interiors match the cover - which looking at Dynasty - I think, like Terra Sol Games - we have finally artists that are in tune with the Traveller vibe.

Back