200dT Yacht - Galleon

I had some spare time and threw this together.

A … unique … design, approximately a half-dozen of these were commisioned by a wealthy noble who wanted a yacht for pleasure cruises, and a craft for wargames.
Running primarily under solar sail, it uses a reaction drive to exit atmosphere, the primary M-Drive is used for entering atmosphere, or for fine maneuvering.
With two triple pop-up fixed mounts as standard, the traditional loadout is for triple sancasters on each broadside. These are loaded with pebble or paint ammunition when engaging in wargames. The weapons can be swapped out, but with the low manuverability it's best to reconsider using this as an armed vessel. There is storage for up to 20 sandcaster barrels on each side of the ship, next to the fixed mounts.
There are 2 staterooms for crew (Pilot / Astrogator and Engineer / Steward), and 6 High Staterooms for passengers. When engaging in wargames, the passengers operate the weapon systems and act as boarders/pirates and commanders.
Wargames typically involve capturing opposing crew, cargo from the vault, or destroying the solar sail of the opposition.

Manufacturer : Bad Idea Fairy Industries Incorporated
Model : Sol-Gal-Mk1
Basic Streamlined Hull, 200dT
Heat Shielding, Radiation Shielding
Aerofins - 10dT
M-Drive 0 - 1dT
R-Drive-1 (1 hour of operation) - 4dT + 5dT Fuel
J-Drive 2 - 15dT + 40dT Fuel
{If fuel from the J-Drive is used, up to an additional 8 hours R-Drive can be had.}
Fuel Processor - 1dT
Fuel Scoop - Standard with Streamlined
Fusion-12 Power Plant - 5dT + 1dT Fuel (75 Power) [8 weeks of fuel]
Solar Sails - 10dT Effective Thrust 0

Staterooms (Standard) x 2 - 8dT
Staterooms (High) x 6 - 36dT
Biosphere (8 Sophonts) - 4dT
Armoury - 1dT
Vault - 12dT
Common Areas @ 25% = 11dT

Civilian Sensors - 1dT
Computer (20 Bandwidth)
Maneuver, Library, Jump-2, Intellect, Virtual Crew-0

Crystal-Iron Armour Rating 6 with Reflec coating - 15dT
2 x Pop-Up Fixed Mounts (Broadside) - 2dT
- 3 x Sandcasters each
- 20 Barrels Storage each side - 2dT

Grav Screen (200dT) - 1dT
Air/Raft docking space - 4.4dT

Cargo - 0.6 dT

Power :
Basic - 40
Maneuver - 0
Jump - 40
Weapons + Defences - 2
Sensors - 1
Grav Screen - 2
Power Supply Maximum - 75

Edited to remove medbay and brig to bring the dT in line. Added 5T to J-2 drive.

I wanted something that would be encountered rather than a player ship.

Imagine jumping into a system and encountering what looks like a full-on naval battle, but with solar sails and sancasters.
If the party go screaming in to help, they'll get reamed out by a bunch of nobles for 'ruining the game'.

Get to the highport and there's fans watching it in the bars, team fans going full football hooligan, nobles going underground to sabotage the opposition ships, all the local nobility there to either participate, gamble, or support their friends and family.

Lots of story hooks, patrons, and a nice memorable star system.

Now imagine the party return, and there's raiders actually attacking, and these solar sailed yachts are fighting back with sandcasters and sophont portable cannon being fired out of the airlocks.

webcokebranding.jpg

I guess it doesn't matter much, but it should be correct for JTAS.

You are off on the tonnage on a few components, e.g. jump drive, med bay, vault, and pop-up fixed mounts. The price is also a bit puzzling.

I get something like this:
88PMGE8.png

AnotherDilbert said:
I guess it doesn't matter much, but it should be correct for JTAS.

You are off on the tonnage on a few components, e.g. jump drive, med bay, vault, and pop-up fixed mounts. The price is also a bit puzzling.

I get something like this:
88PMGE8.png

Ah. Checked my copy of High Guard. The +5 tons part is on the next page to the table. Missed that off the calculattion. You're right there.

Pop-Up Fixed Mount should indeed by 2 x 1, I did that wrong as 2 x 2. Mind went there I think.

You have a 16 person Biosphere, presumably to account for the 8 crew stations.
Crew are doubled up on responsibilities, and the Virtual crew can replace 5, so only 2 staterooms neded.

Ah, I have a smaller medbay as I went for an autodoc emplaced. Yep, mod that to 4 Tons.
And the same problem for the vault, it has a fixed size.

Editing, will edit the original.

Edit To Add : Original Post Modified.

Kranth-Technoshaman said:
You have a 16 person Biosphere, presumably to account for the 8 crew stations.
I was just a bit sloppy: I read 8, and assumed 8 Dtons.

Crew are doubled up on responsibilities, and the Virtual crew can replace 5, so only 2 staterooms neded.
Technically Virtual Crew can only replace Pilots, Sensor Operators, and Gunners; the ship only needs one of those.

You already have Intellect, so I guess the Astrogator can be replaced with Expert software (very cheaply).

To replace the Engineers I would require Expert software and Repair Drones to act as hands.

Air/Raft docking space - 4.4dT

Cargo - 0.6 dT
Petty detail, but Docking Spaces should be rounded up to the nearest whole Dt, so takes 5 Dt.

Back