Your MC1 terrain

ekwatts

Mongoose
I've seen quite a few small pictures of players' minis standing around on what looks like pretty good terrain. I'm in the process of making some of my own and wouldn't mind a look at some bigger pictures of said terrain for some inspiration.

ekwatts said:
I've seen quite a few small pictures of players' minis standing around on what looks like pretty good terrain. I'm in the process of making some of my own and wouldn't mind a look at some bigger pictures of said terrain for some inspiration.

Here's my work in progress. A combination of Worldworks tiles, modified worldworks buildings, platformer plastic and AT-43 terrain.

pic293215_lg.jpg

pic293216_lg.jpg

Hope this inspires you guys

You know, for a long time Ive put off buying Gangs of Mega City because I could not find the "right" look for a game board. I just couldnt figure out the correct balance of playing surface and buildings.

But this has inspired me.

Thankyou.

Pictures of my terrain are here:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/scotherns/

Its mostly Worldworks/Ebbles stuff. I find it is plenty '3D' enough for me, particularly once you add in the vehicles and little pieces scenery (dumpsters, vending machines etc.)

If you would like close-ups of any particular bit, just let me know :)

Cheers,

Steve

ekwatts said:
That's actually really, really good. Even better, I love the colour schemes for the gangs. I'm afraid I've been a little too individual in painting my gangers, making each of them quite distinct and generic so as not to tie them down. I think I'll have to amend this for future gangers.

Thanks.
Actually - the colour schemes were more of an accident of cheapness. I have very few paints and I painted them in bulk, so I slapped alot of red items on a bunch of guys, alot of yellow on others and purple on others...then contrasted areas with whatever went best.

When we went to divvy up all my figs amongst 3 players, we just pulled the ones with the most of one colour and made teams with them...then they got named the "purple pantsies" the "yellow bellies" and the "red scare" fort their colours. Very holistic yet it looks like we actually planned it! Dumb luck really.

oh - I picked up a very cheap box of the old Cyberpunk 2020 lead minis off ebay. Keep you eyes peeled for those. which you will see mixed in with these guys. They make very good top dogs and a few made great juves.

I'll look into uploading my worldworks buildings onto their site (they call them "kitbash") - I'm not sure if they'll pass the "free download" test though. they have strict policies on distributing modded artwork, but they do allow a limited form.

Back