Who wants an extra White Star in the ISA Fleet Box?

Do you think the number of White Stars in the ISA Fleet box should be upped to 9?

• Yes please!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care!

• Absolutely not!

• Total voters

lastbesthope

Mongoose
How many people think that the ISA Fleet set should be 2 VCDs, and 9 White Stars + accompanying Furies and Nials, thus making it a perfect 5 point War Level Fleet.

According to the web page here :

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniature/detail.php?qsID=796&qsSeries=Call to Arms

It's planned to be :

Containing two Victory-class destroyers and eight White Stars (enough to blot out the stars!), along with Nials and Starfuries to fill their hangers

But if they bumped it to be 9 White Stars it would be a perfect 5 point War level fleet. 2 VCDs at 1 point each, and 9 White Stars at 1/3 point each=5 points!

Please go vote yes if you think it would be good to add the extra White Star!

LBH

I voted yes, in case you were wondering!

The Narns dont get 5 War points, (and have *4* of the crappiest ship in the book imo, but its a patrol ship, so thats okay)

The Minbari go well over 5 War points (3 Sharlins + a Neshatan + more)

Im at work and dont know EA/Centauri that well, or id comment on them.

I think they just picked a bunch of ships and threw them in the box :) (I know im not going to use the Sho'Kos much at all if I ever buy the fleet box)

Rigeld said:
The Narns dont get 5 War points, (and have *4* of the crappiest ship in the book imo, but its a patrol ship, so thats okay)

The Minbari go well over 5 War points (3 Sharlins + a Neshatan + more)

Im at work and dont know EA/Centauri that well, or id comment on them.

I think they just picked a bunch of ships and threw them in the box :) (I know im not going to use the Sho'Kos much at all if I ever buy the fleet box)

I didn't know the other fleets were however many points but to be just 1 White Star off a perfect 5 point War Fleet smacks of a subtle ploy to boost sales of individual White Stars :D

LBH

I've been heavily hinting about the extra White Star on a lot of my posts recently. Looks we might have had an effect.

msprange said:
lastbesthope said:
[cough]9 White Stars in every ISA Fleet Set![/cough]
:lol:

Just working on something related to this that should far exceed your expectations. . .

But please, keep voting (Especially if you vote yes!)

LBH

Drakor_alive said:
I say whitestars for everyone espc now that there been upgraded in suplement 1

They have? When does the supplement come out?
[checks upcoming releases page]
Feb next year, oh the humanity!

LBH

They have? When does the supplement come out?

LBH, I thought you had my shipviewer. Check out "White Star - Experimental". Certainly not official, but reflects what Matt has proposed for a future release.

I hope you realize that anytime you ask for a poll of whether people want something for free or if they want more of something for the same amount of money than they currently get that they are always going to say "YES".

The decision about whether the ISA Fleet box should have an additional WhiteStar is if Mongoose believes the profit lost in the additional cost of another ship for the same amount of money justifies the means or not.

Only they can make that determination, IMO.

Chewy

Chewy said:
I hope you realize that anytime you ask for a poll of whether people want something for free or if they want more of something for the same amount of money than they currently get that they are always going to say "YES".

True, but I think you're taking the poll too seriously and probably more seriously than Mongoose will. I'm just trying to guage how many people would like to see a perfect(in Fleet points cost terms) War Level fleet right out of the box.

Like they used to say before the ads on the Big Breakfast

Don't phone, it's just for fun!

:wink:

LBH

I'd love to see a 5 point War fleet in every box :) As long as they keep those stupid Sho'Kos out of it and let me buy 2-3 of those seperately if I feel like it.

Rigeld said:
I'd love to see a 5 point War fleet in every box :) As long as they keep those stupid Sho'Kos out of it and let me buy 2-3 of those seperately if I feel like it.

At least they're easy to stick together!

LBH

I think for new comers like myself that want to get straight into gaming, the fleet boxes should have the max points so we can learn what makes the fleet and then later (after losing a few hundred times) learn to suppliment the fleet with additional ships from our desired races.

I suggest all fleet boxes be equal to the max fleet points for ease of purchase.

More White Stars? Sure. The fleet box composition needs to change with the Victory going to PL:A. Maybe add WS Gunships and Fighter Carriers?

Aren't they resculpting the White Stars?

For those os you just joining the thread, the campaign was more than a success, that's why you now get 10 WS in an ISA box, instead of the originally planned 8.

The only person I know who has a grudge against this is the moulder responsible for making the WS :lol:

LBH

time to start a new poll,

who thinks you should only get 1 VCD, 2 Carriers, a couple of gunships and six whitestars ;-) oh, and a wad of whitestar fighters of course!

Back