White Wolf/ Necromancer Games site hacked

Somewhere in there.. my eyes started to bleed.

All I really have to say is that being a hacker is, itself, ludicrous and silly. And I'll admit that hearing about this kind of thing makes me quite angry. It's too bad that some people feel the need to prove how great they are by damaging other people's computers or invading their privacy in such a way. It's really too bad.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit less of the "I'll cast a spell" stuff around these forums, as it seems to crop up a bit too often.. and not in reference to actual gaming.

[Warning: eye bleeding time]

Thoth: *Yawn*

So I've returned from a long weekend with my supposed imaginary friends to find you've had a small brain embolism in my absence.

Now, Thoth- I was ready to drop this but know you've pissed me off. First of all to avoid being a hypocrite one needs to not commit the sin for which they berate others. Right now the only one spreading hate and bile like feces here is you. You want to play the Dozens with me little boy, fine. However since the end result will be the detruction of another thread- the very thing you claim upsets you you've proven that it is no moral stance you are taking here- you just have a bug up your ass. May I suggest salad tongs to remove it?

Now to address your confusion. Yes, I was referring to the hackers who I attempting to death-curse to see if it possibe, not any one on the site. At least originally. No, my cage was not rattled. I was short on time when I posted that post so I didn't have time to correct for spelling and grammar. When I do that I sort of assume that people's skills with the English language are suffceint to understand my intent. My apologies if that it was a such a strain for yours.

Y'know one thing I hate about the Internet is that people like you who normally require a scanning electron mocroscope to find your tesiticles suddenly get brave when they don't have to face the person they are insulting. My guess is that you aren't so openly insulting to people in real life knowing that they'd likely just break your limbs, fold you like a pretzel and dump you in the nearest trash can for disposal. Now I see you as the mubling and backbiting type really.

Since you are so eager to speculate about the nature of my life one can only guess that yours is rather devoid of content that you poke into to others. So let me speculate on yours. My guess is that besides being empty your life is likely datelss as well as no woman who isn't virtual, inflatable, battery operated, massively hammered or high, highly paid to so won't spend a moment with you voluntarily. One can imagine you straining at your crotch trying to get that limp two inch pebis of yours while trying to excited at a dirty picture downloaded from the Internet. [Hint: Try the other gender. It might work.] So a seething hatred of women has devloped in you and since I can't directly harm you and I am woman, so decided to pluck up what little courage you have and try to hurt my feelings. How sad.

In any case, since the Holidays are ending here;s my New Years wish for you: May you contract syphllis and die raving and insane in a dark alley tearing away at your flesh with mindless abandon and then die slowly and horribly, pass into the Underworld and suffer eternal torment.

Holy thunder from down under! Now that's a venomous set of insults!

You know, on other sites, such behaviour from the both of you would likely get you both banned on a permanant level. Those insults are really beyond the realm of good taste.

How about you both chill out? Life is too short to be filled with such negativity. And certainly this place would be much better off without it.

I'm going to have to agree with Darrin. The whole back-and-forth insulting thing is totally unnecessary and in bad taste.

I mean, was all that really necessary, Raven? The unbridled virtriol doesn't prove anything but your ability to be crude and distasteful. Let's stop this now, okay?

At the risk of igniting a total flame fest...

One can imagine you straining at your crotch trying to get that limp two inch pebis....

I have to admit I cant find my limp pebis either. I dont know if the good lord gave me a pebis (limp or not). It is like a vagiba ?

Mad Dog :wink:

Damien said:
I mean, was all that really necessary, Raven? The unbridled virtriol doesn't prove anything but your ability to be crude and distasteful. Let's stop this now, okay?

If Thoth remains silent I will. He wants to get crude and nasty, I will too. He wants to drop I will.

Balls in his court.

MadDog said:
At the risk of igniting a total flame fest...

One can imagine you straining at your crotch trying to get that limp two inch pebis....

I have to admit I cant find my limp pebis either. I dont know if the good lord gave me a pebis (limp or not). It is like a vagiba ?

No it's more like a thin booodle. 8)

If Thoth remains silent I will. He wants to get crude and nasty, I will too. He wants to drop I will.

Is that the "he started it!" defense?

Really, I don't mean any offense to either of you, but sheesh. The problem is that no one is willing to stop, and each new post only makes the OTHER person want to respond in order to prove that they can. I know, I do it too sometimes.

Still Raven, I don't know you or Thoth, and as an unbiased opinion I'd say your post was WAY more inflammatory, insulting, and downright crude and uncalled-for. That's not to say Thoth isn't guilty of baiting you and being insulting.. but you went way overboard in retaliation.

Seriously, Thoth, don't respond, man. Be above it.

Raven, I hope you don't feel like I'm getting on your case, it's not my intention.

Damien said:
Still Raven, I don't know you or Thoth, and as an unbiased opinion I'd say your post was WAY more inflammatory, insulting, and downright crude and uncalled-for. That's not to say Thoth isn't guilty of baiting you and being insulting.. but you went way overboard in retaliation.

I find it handier to overreact tham underreact. When I tried to play nicer- the post where I ended with 'Happy Soltice'- Thoth took that as weakness and launched another attack. Now that I have demonstrated that I don't have to be nice if I don't want to and I am capable of being a hell of a lot nastier than I choose to be, perhaps people will quit baiting me as they have been doing for the last two weeks. I like the nicer me and I'd rather be writing up some of the spells, statistics and Mythos conversions I am working on. I mean you guys like them right? So why the need to make shift into combat mode? If you want me to be on more topic, try asking me politely. It's worked in the past. Start attacking and I counter. Play nice and I will. It's that simple.

Raven, I hope you don't feel like I'm getting on your case, it's not my intention.

No. I know I have gone too far- but that was the point. I am hoping it gets people's attention in the way being nice doesn't seem to.....

Raven, honestly? I think it would be in your best interest to focus on the things you enjoy.

You want to write up those Mythos critters? Then write them up. Focus on the fun. Not on the negativity.

There are always going to be jerks online. That comes with the medium. people who have the "Internet spine of steel". They talk trash online because they donb't have to frace the threat of a fist to the face for their being obnoxious.

A friuend of mine did a rant in her LJ recently I completely agree with. That people act snotty and fire out teh snark simply out of childishness and petulence. They act like stupid children who have no clue as basic consideration of the feelings of others. They act like it because they think they can get away with it.

Fact is: I would love to see more moderators of forums out there to respond to and deal with the petulence in the manner it deserves. By banning the ones sprewing it. If they did, the net in general would be a far nicer place.

Raven Blackwell said:
[Warning: eye bleeding time]

Thoth: *Yawn*

So I've returned from a long weekend with my supposed imaginary friends to find you've had a small brain embolism in my absence.

Now, Thoth- I was ready to drop this but know you've pissed me off. First of all to avoid being a hypocrite one needs to not commit the sin for which they berate others. Right now the only one spreading hate and bile like feces here is you. You want to play the Dozens with me little boy, fine. However since the end result will be the detruction of another thread- the very thing you claim upsets you you've proven that it is no moral stance you are taking here- you just have a bug up your ass. May I suggest salad tongs to remove it?

Now to address your confusion. Yes, I was referring to the hackers who I attempting to death-curse to see if it possibe, not any one on the site. At least originally. No, my cage was not rattled. I was short on time when I posted that post so I didn't have time to correct for spelling and grammar. When I do that I sort of assume that people's skills with the English language are suffceint to understand my intent. My apologies if that it was a such a strain for yours.

Y'know one thing I hate about the Internet is that people like you who normally require a scanning electron mocroscope to find your tesiticles suddenly get brave when they don't have to face the person they are insulting. My guess is that you aren't so openly insulting to people in real life knowing that they'd likely just break your limbs, fold you like a pretzel and dump you in the nearest trash can for disposal. Now I see you as the mubling and backbiting type really.

Since you are so eager to speculate about the nature of my life one can only guess that yours is rather devoid of content that you poke into to others. So let me speculate on yours. My guess is that besides being empty your life is likely datelss as well as no woman who isn't virtual, inflatable, battery operated, massively hammered or high, highly paid to so won't spend a moment with you voluntarily. One can imagine you straining at your crotch trying to get that limp two inch pebis of yours while trying to excited at a dirty picture downloaded from the Internet. [Hint: Try the other gender. It might work.] So a seething hatred of women has devloped in you and since I can't directly harm you and I am woman, so decided to pluck up what little courage you have and try to hurt my feelings. How sad.

In any case, since the Holidays are ending here;s my New Years wish for you: May you contract syphllis and die raving and insane in a dark alley tearing away at your flesh with mindless abandon and then die slowly and horribly, pass into the Underworld and suffer eternal torment.

Well, well well, we're back where we started: with Raven "Can't spell too well" Blackwell issuing yet another death wish!! Haw haw!! :) She went all weekend without a post, so now of course she’s back with
a vengeance! I have to say it was a nice couple of days without your perpetual presence on the forums, though, Raven. The forum really aired out a bit! ;)

And that was quite a hate filled rant, even for you! Man, I must have rattled the old bird's cage worse than I thought… Clearly, when you’re enraged, you get docked with a -10 modifier to your Coherent Post roll, at least, not to mention your temporary loss of precious SAN points! :)

But on a somewhat more serious note: since we are back at the "death-wish" stage of our tit for tat posting, we clearly going in circles, so I'm not going to post anything further about this. I said what needed to be said and you clearly took note of it: again, if the bile and incoherence of your reply posts are any indication, my comments really struck home. So enough- more than enough- has been said about this.

Despite all of this, I bear you no ill will. Indeed, not all of your posts are hateful crap. I mentioned previously that I thought your game-mechanics posts are worthwhile. Don't know if you missed that part. And, as a fellow HPL fan, I have to say I particularly like your posts regarding Mythos creatures in the Conan the RPG setting. Again, if you could wean yourself from the "death wish" rants, as well as your spells and curse posts, then the forum would be the better for it. Or at least try to cut down on it. One can't ask more than you at least make an effort in this regard. Hateful posts appear to be a compulsion for you, so I know this is asking a lot of you...

But, one last (friendly) jab for the road: thanks much for the long overdue TWO WHOLE DAYS OFF from the forum, Raven! I wasn't sure if you could do it, judging by the frequency of your posts... You really should go on more trips! ;)

In reply to your Syphilis-oriented death wish for me (its getting hard to keep all your death wishes straight...). Also, you meant Syphilis, right? Because you spelled it syphllis… But, in response, let me just say: I wish you a Syphilis free 2006. In 2007 you're on your own, for all I care. Haw haw! ;)

But seriously, I also wish you a "dieing raving and insane in a dark alley tearing away at your flesh with mindless abandon" free, Happy New Year! Haw haw! :)

Hey Raven, in June I'm going to be at Howard Days in Cross Plains Texas, BTW. So you’ll know exactly where, and exactly when, to find me to discuss this topic, and others, in person.

But again: to wrap this up on a positive note: All the best in the New Year to you and yours RB, and to all the forum posters, by Crom!! :)

And the point of this thread went where?

You sure you two aren't married? you sure do sound it. :lol:

enough tit for tat childishness.. kiddies lets get back on topic or leave it alone.

First of all to avoid being a hypocrite one needs to not commit the sin for which they berate others.

Y'know one thing I hate about the Internet is that people like you who normally require a scanning electron mocroscope to find your tesiticles suddenly get brave when they don't have to face the person they are insulting.

Since you are so eager to speculate about the nature of my life one can only guess that yours is rather devoid of content that you poke into to others. So let me speculate on yours.

Then you insult the guy, call him gay, and wish for his death? maybe you better cast "Understand Irony"!

I remember the pre-Raven days on this forum and there never was a problem.

I think once there was a heated debate on Attack of Opportunities that was kinda rough. :shock:

Ladies and Gents, can we get back to the original idea of the topic?

You both disagree, fine. Can we all now just admit that and get back on with things? Can we have less of the pettiness, or perhaps an end to the pettiness and the competition to see who gets the last word so it makes you feel better? Please.

My only post about this.

geordiekimbo said:
Ladies and Gents, can we get back to the original idea of the topic?
Which topic? First it isn't the place to discuss about White Wolf. And second, their web-site is now alright again. :!:

Which topic? First it isn't the place to discuss about White Wolf. And second, their web-site is now alright again. :!:

The original topic!! It may be of more interest in a public forum than a slanging match, don't you think?

true, but the topic isn't actual anymore because their website is open again.
So better let this one asleep least the recent flame rises anew.

Back