Whispers on the Abyss - reviews?

Has anyone posted a review of this anywhere? Looking at this for my group but need a bit more info on the set up and likely style of game.

I don't know of any reviews. The PCs are hired to take a fancy new merchant ship on a sales tour. They can be crew, sales people, whatever, as long as they travel with the ship. Shenanigans ensue. It is essentially a series of scenarios that are related solely by the PCs happening to be in the neighborhood in a ship.

It is easy to repurpose those adventures to a different storyline, save for the last one which is predicated on a feature of this particular ship (and a segue to the 5th Frontier war stuff being released this month).

Cool - thanks. That sounds like it may work for the group. Can I ask, what style of scenarios are included? By which I mean are they investigative, political / social, big fights, exploration etc etc.

It is a mix. There's a social oriented adventure, involvement in a planetary warzone, a downed ship rescue op, and an espionage/escape scenario. But they are mostly pretty flexible in terms of PC approach. So the PCs might be fighting, spying, hiding, or diplomacizing in the warzone scenario. Depends on what the group wants to do.

Back