When will SST get a release schedule update?

cordas

Mongoose
From everything that has been said SST:Evo should be hitting the shops in August, if this is the case when will you be putting up details of what is going to be released on the SST Webpage? Along with some sneak peaks.....

After all most other games have their August listings up, and some even have listings for Septemeber......

I'm hoping Mongoose have learned from the whole BF:E thing that you can't set a release date for the miniatures until you've opened a few crates and had a root around, bigger miniatures are open to worse paint jobs and the fall out, should that occur again would last a fair while.

And thinking on it, they never actually said an August release, all Matt said was that there would be a grand unvieling at Gencon this year... Im thinking a provisional September release, pushed back until Nov/Dec to cash in on the christmas market...

Unless Im totally wrong and the companies adopted an under promise over deliver approach (fingers crossed)

cordas wrote: said:
I am just supprised that MGP isn't doing more to build intrest in the new rules and pre-paints yet.

msprange said:
Mostly because the game is not available until August! It is on a slow simmer at the moment, but you'll see an increase in pace soon enough. . .

This was posted in the S&P topic here about a week ago.... This makes me think that SST:Evo is still getting an August release.......

I agree with what you are saying about the mini's if they ain't upto scratch then things might have to be pushed back, but if thats the case a heads up would be nice......

Ah I'd forgotten that little nugget :D.
I really hope it is out August, its well past schedual as it is, but we saw more splash for Victory at Sea (No pun intended) before release than we have for SST.
I suppose there are only eight troop types in the first release to promote, so it could be argued that you have to start the hype at the right time to maximise the effect.

Actually I've just thought of something, where does a company go to promote something like this? You could send some stuff to the TMP I suppose, but I dont think theres m/any magazines in the UK these days (Does Valkrie still come out quaterly?) unless they try wargames illustrated et all, and I havent got a clue about the US... Maybe Mongoose is keeping the cards so close to their chests because theres only three places they can actually show case them, and they're trying to get as much impact at Gencon as possible...

I'm going to Gencon this year. It's my first time attending too. So I'm hoping for some new Starship Troopers releases. It's the only thing so far that I've set my mind to buying if it's available then.

If anyone knows about SST:Evo demo games at Gencon please PM me because I've asked on a few other topics here and looked on the Gencon event schedule and could find nothing.. Thanks.

Cool, have a great time dude! And make sure you get lots of photos :D

Edit==> I see what you mean, theres no mention of SST at all on the list of demos... Theres an unsepcified rules set, but the page i was looking at was so badly formatted that it could have been talking about the game beneath it...

http://gencon.highprogrammer.com/gencon-indy-2007.cgi/group/Mongoose_Publishing/All_hosts

Maybe we could send emails to one of the GMs and bug them for answers :D

Thanks for the additional link. I had been trying through the event registration page. Very frustrating for a GenCon newbie..

And I will try to take plenty of pics, since I'm mainly just wandering around for 4 days and shopping :D

Well I have just checked the Upcoming Release Schedule........ and guess what.... No SST:Evo mentioned for either August or Septemeber, so I suppose that means it has been delayed, hopefully MGP will be putting something in S&P next week telling us what the revisied release schedule is!

cordas said:
Well I have just checked the Upcoming Release Schedule........ and guess what.... No SST:Evo mentioned for either August or Septemeber, so I suppose that means it has been delayed,

Or that they haven't got the release schedule on the website completely up to date....

BH

Catching up on my forum reading, I came across the link by MaxSteiner to the "unspecified rules version" topic. It looks like it's been UPDATED:

Starship Troopers Evolution

ID: NHM00495
Web site: None available
Category: Non-Historical Miniatures
Rules: N/A
Cost: $4.50
Duration: 06:00:00
Host: Game Master Not Specified (Mongoose Publishing)
Age requirement: Teen (13+)
Experience requirement: Some Experience Needed
Are materials provided: No
Players: 24 (24 were available as of 11:33 am Saturday June 30th, 2007, but this information may be out of date.)
Official site: Check the official site for the most up to date information and to purchase tickets
Time slot: Thu Aug 16 noon - 6:00 pm

500 point patrol scenario tournament. Whether they choose to side with the Arachnids or Mobile Infantry, players will find they have a wide variety of options that extends far beyond army list choices - each force has an astounding array of tactics and ploys with which to defeat opponents, from capsule drops and tunneling to the deployment of atomic weapons, air strikes and psychic Brain Bugs!
All sessions of this event

* Thu noon - 6:00 pm (NHM00495): 24/24

Since one of the cool things about EVO is that you can buy a box and play the same day, this event may mean that SST:EVO will be on sale at Gencon!

Must remember to ask about it this week at Origins. :)

Nezeray / James

Thanks Nezeray, I just had to delete a big post complaining about Mongoose missing Gen con once again lol :D
Yay, that means its kinda on schedule... unless they use existing stock and the evo rules, but either way thats a damn sight better than before!

We don't need official announcements on the SST forum, we're so dedicated we dig around and find our own! :lol:

I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler, but there will be some SST demos at Origins. I don't know if it's EVO or Classic rules. I just know that I've been asked to bring the footlocker of Dooooom! :)

Nezeray

Thanks for posting that Nezeray!! I'd been looking for SST:Evo events a few weeks ago and was a bit dissapointed not to have seen any. I'm much happier now. :D

There are 6-7 of us from NJ vanpooling out to GenCon for our first time and I hope I can persuade a few of my Warmachine playing pals to give the demo a try.

If thats the case, what about those of us not going to gencon? Come on MGP give us some news.... afterall we want to give you some of our money....

It would be nice to get some sort of answer to robs above comment:
yes, no, maybe or possibly, something, eve if it is bad...

I've heard from "upon high" that SST Evo is still Alive. They're working very hard to get it out and get it right.

The problem with ground breaking products is that the ground is sometimes granite!

As soon as more concrete info is available, they'll put it out.

Nezeray

Back