What kind of books do you wish next for Conan 2E

What kind of books do you wish next for Conan 2E

• Regional sourcebooks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Short adventures or adventures books

• Campaigns

• Rules stuff (like class books, secrets of skelos, etc.)

• Others (please explain)

• Total voters

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
OK, I know we Conan fans are somewhat special. That's why I don't put this post in the What should Mongoose publish next forum.

However it seems the folks at Mongoose do take our wishes in account. Be they thanked very much for this.

[Edit] I mean of course what you want to see next after what is already scheduled.

I will be happy if Mongoose publishes one campaign per year and some adventures, but I hope that every regions of the Hyborian world will be eventually covered.
However there are more than 30 kingdoms (including the small ones) and only 6 of them were covered until now.

I would go for regional sourcebooks by Vincent first. His works are top-notch and there's still a lot of regions to cover yet in the RPG. Second would be rules stuff, any kind of sourcebook. And then hopefully there'll be a campaign every year.

On the topic of regional sourcebooks, there are many regions where there is little REH or even pastich material to use to fill a whole sourcebook perhaps many of those could be combined into a single volume (Lands of the east, for example)

Just a stray thought

I voted Campaigns. If I had more than one vote, I would order the choices like so:

1) Campaigns
2) Short adventures
3) Regional sourcebooks
63) Rules stuff (like classbooks)
:wink:

Trodax wrote:
I voted Campaigns. If I had more than one vote, I would order the choices like so:

1) Campaigns
2) Short adventures
3) Regional sourcebooks

You read my mind, man...

Daubet Herve said:
Trodax wrote:

1) Campaigns
2) Short adventures
3) Regional sourcebooks

You read my mind, man...

Can you guys stay out of my head !!??
:lol:

W.

1) regional source books
2) short adventures
3) rules stuff
4) campaigns

i know alot of you want extended campaigns to be released but i honestly dont feel they are all that appropriate to the setting and i would much rather see more of the regional and short adventure books than extended campaigns.

i know alot of you want extended campaigns to be released but i honestly dont feel they are all that appropriate to the setting

I'm not too sure about this... wasn't Hour of the Dragon a campaign? Or what about the time Conan spent on the Tigress, or as a Kozak/Zuagir/Mercenary leader. Moreover, many Roy Thomas stories were more campaign stuff than short stories.

Shorter modules would be easier to write and market, and cheaper to boot. Large, expensive campaign materials tend to scare off customers, from what I've seen. That way, an adventure can potentially be offered in print or in S&P at the publisher's discretion in PDF.

My 2 p.

FailedSpotCheck said:
Shorter modules would be easier to write and market, and cheaper to boot. Large, expensive campaign materials tend to scare off customers, from what I've seen. That way, an adventure can potentially be offered in print or in S&P at the publisher's discretion in PDF.

My 2 p.
I don't agree. The Dragonlance saga is now something mytic among roleplayers, as is the ennemy from within for Warhammer.
I could even list you some Call of Cthulhu campaigns which never scared off anyone but PC's.

Daubet Herve said:
I'm not too sure about this... wasn't Hour of the Dragon a campaign? Or what about the time Conan spent on the Tigress, or as a Kozak/Zuagir/Mercenary leader. Moreover, many Roy Thomas stories were more campaign stuff than short stories.
Exactly.
Even "grand adventure" like black colossus or the story with the priests of Yimsha could easily fit as a campaign.

Folks - how old are you people? I am 41 and my group are all intheir late 30's. Between us, we have 8 children, 6 full time jobs (some of which are night shift or out of town jobs) and none of us have the time to commit to long drawn out campaigns. Short adventures allow us to do things in 1-2 sessions...Now, occasionally, I can do this with a campaign...but I very much prefer the chance to have something done quicker than that.

Arkobla Conn said:
Folks - how old are you people? I am 41 and my group are all intheir late 30's. Between us, we have 8 children, 6 full time jobs (some of which are night shift or out of town jobs) and none of us have the time to commit to long drawn out campaigns. Short adventures allow us to do things in 1-2 sessions...Now, occasionally, I can do this with a campaign...but I very much prefer the chance to have something done quicker than that.

I'm in the same camp. I never could really get proper mileage out of big sourcebooks... likewise campaigns. Short adventures, though, I can get a handle on.

pasuuli said:
Arkobla Conn said:

I'm in the same camp. I never could really get proper mileage out of big sourcebooks... likewise campaigns. Short adventures, though, I can get a handle on.

But 4 short adventures are nearly a campaign. So why not go for a campaign ?

W.

Why not go for a campaign?

Sometimes, as I stated, this works...but sometimes it's weeks between sessions and having trouble remembering what happened takes a bit off the enjoyment factor. Using short adventures that aren't related helps with this. Also, we have been playing sort of like the old comic series...sometimes we play at one level, sometimes we jump back to previous character sheets and play at that level.

Back