what is vincent doing for us next year?

toothill man

Mongoose
as we enter the 8th month any chance of a peak into winters and new years releases for conan as really hoping their is a epic adventure their as well as more source material all from vincent and co 8)

There can be no doubt that Mongoose has supported the Conan RPG wonderfully with great supplements that explore Hyboria and provide numerous adventure hooks. But I'm with toothill and some others who really feel Mongoose has to up the production of adventures available for the line. I like the epic adventure idea and hope late 2006 and early 2007 sees some new - and unique - adventures available for us Conan RPG fans! 8)

If I were King of Mongoose Hall, and Vincent was my bitch, these would be the upcoming sourcebooks:

1) Shem sourcebook (this, I think, has already been written - whohoo!!!)
2) Black Kingdoms sourcebook
3) Turan/Hyrkania sourcebook

Oh, and Greg Lynch needs to write more of his spiffy adventures. :D

Trodax said:
1) Shem sourcebook (this, I think, has already been written - whohoo!!!)

Yes. I finished Shem before Stygia, actually.

Trodax said:
2) Black Kingdoms sourcebook

I have started taking notes for a Black Kingdoms project just in case Mongoose should ask for one (they haven't, but I like to be prepared).

Trodax said:
3) Turan/Hyrkania sourcebook

Again, another project I would love to have assigned to me, so I am prepared in case it actually ever is. This one is close to finished, but Mongoose hasn't assigned the project to me (I wrote it for myself). Should Mongoose ask me for it, it would only take a few weeks to finish it up.

Trodax said:
Oh, and Greg Lynch needs to write more of his spiffy adventures. :D

I TOTALLY agree.

Any chance we could get a full blown Vincent Darlarge adventure? I liked your adventure in Across Thunder River. I know you are not a fan of playing ready made adventures but what about writing one? Do you have any already written up? 8)

VincentDarlage said:
I have started taking notes for a Black Kingdoms project just in case Mongoose should ask for one (they haven't, but I like to be prepared).
and
VincentDarlage said:
This one is close to finished, but Mongoose hasn't assigned the project to me (I wrote it for myself). Should Mongoose ask me for it, it would only take a few weeks to finish it up.
Sweet! :D

Vincent,

I'll second the motion on you're excellent adventures, as well as the superb work you have done for this great RPG.

Please keep up the good work. :)

Well If had to take a wild guess I would say, Khitai
with Vendhya as my second choice.

I'd really like to see a creature/monster book, but that's just me.

a creature/monster book would be handy.

as for next source book i wouldnt mind a northern realms one on cimmeria, hyperborea and nordheim.

Yeah, wasn't that planned for March of this year?

I'd pay good money for even a compilation of all the animals and monsters from all the disparate books, with as little as 25% new stuff, just for the ease of looking stuff up.

Oh...and an updated, AE edition GM screen. I'm gonna beat that to death. (lol)

You know what?
Much as I loved the Scrolls of Skellos, i think another book on Sorcery might be fun.

And I would LOVE either a book or a box set on Tortage and the Barachans!

Sutek said:
Yeah, wasn't that planned for March of this year?

I'd pay good money for even a compilation of all the animals and monsters from all the disparate books, with as little as 25% new stuff, just for the ease of looking stuff up.

Oh...and an updated, AE edition GM screen. I'm gonna beat that to death. (lol)

Oh yes, I would pay good money to get these! A Hyboria's Bestiary where all the animals and monsters are collected from all the sourcebooks would be a great idea, and with some new material would be even greater! I, for one, endorse this idea.

I would also love to see an updated GM Screen, with an updated map. In Stygia, the map of Stygia and the Black Kingdoms that border Stygia has suffered an update, update which I would like to see in a new map that the GM screen could have,

Tyrant said:
You know what?
Much as I loved the Scrolls of Skellos, i think another book on Sorcery might be fun.

And I would LOVE either a book or a box set on Tortage and the Barachans!

Oh yes, Tortage just begs for a boxed set! It would be rife with adventures possibilities, probably more than other place in the world.

I've said it before and it bears repeating: Zamboula city set (like Shadizar and Messantia)

Or hell, even just a hardback like the Aquilonia book (maybe that's even preferable)

I mean Zamboula is a trade crossraod, with Shemite, Stygian and Turanian influences. Golden RPG opportunity there:)

I submitted some stuff on Zamboula over a year ago (September of 2005) in hopes of a project of that sort. I never heard back from them in that regard. I still have hopes. I would love to be involved in a Zamboula project.

Back