What is MJS up too?????

slingbld

Mongoose
I've read twice on this board & elsewhere that there is supposed to be a big announcement from the all knowing ( :p ) MJS.

Where can I learn more about this??

Vonbloodbath said:
I don't know about MJS.

JMS said a couple of weeks ago he hoped to have more info in a couple of weeks...

Click here for JMS news...

VB

Also, as with all of these things timing can be important. With the Battlestar Galactica announcement, I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed a few days more.

Anyway, we should all be getting the Centauri Republic Fact Book soon (fingers crossed), so at least we'll have something to read, eh? :twisted: :lol:

Chobbly

sci-fi is giving the New Battlestar Galactica a contract to become a full blown Series..... O joy O fun... more crappy sci-fi on sci-fi network....

sci-fi is giving the New Battlestar Galactica a contract to become a full blown Series..... O joy O fun... more crappy sci-fi on sci-fi network....

i still can`t forgive them for cancelling Farscape, hope BG crashes and burns. :x

i completely agree with you..... at this point the only good shows on sci-fi are there old sci-fi erlier in the day and Stargate SG1.... and hopfully Stargate Atlantise.... but other then that everything else that comes out of sci-fi is crapola

jal said:

i still can`t forgive them for cancelling Farscape, hope BG crashes and burns. :x

Aye, and the way they did it. The week the series wrapped they struck all the sets. They actualy destroyed a huge amount of props. Now whenever I've heard of a series ending, they usualy keep a lot of the set in tact, if for nothing more than to use in another project. It seemed like they new the grass roots effort would build some real momentum & decided that by destroying much of the physical props and sets rather than breaking it into component peices, it would insure that the show would be too costly to re-introduce. I mean, c'mon they could at least have done a 4 hr finaly mini-series or something to wrap it up better than they did....

I mean, c'mon they could at least have done a 4 hr finaly mini-series or something to wrap it up better than they did....

they are, several (four to six) 1 hour episode are in production in Australia.

they are meant to tie up the series, finally giving it that rare thing in programming, closure.

and by the way, sci-fi are not involved in this venture. :D
they really screwed up on this one, and that`s the truth.

*** Minor Star Trek: TNG spoiler (If you have not seen Generations) ***

A classic prop destruction was ST:TNG - in their first film, Generations, they crash the Enterprise - this appears to have been a good excuse to build a new one for the movies, as they apparantly used the TV series sets for the destruction scenes, destroying them in the process (with a few exceptions which were being used elsewhere)

As to Battlestar Galactica, I'd say give it a chance... as a mini series, the new one was not too great, but as a pilot - well, who can say the Babylon 5 pilot was without flaw first time round? Lets see how the next few episodes come out before making harsh judgements? It is attitudes like that (from the biggies in the business) which causes new sci-fi ventures to die all too quickly.

Sling... they dont know yet whos gona air them. they have NO contract with anyone Just yet. but belive you me before they are done im sure they will have that contract with someone... I wouldnt be surprised if its an HBO, Showtime.. ETC>>..

Good point.... it was a long time after the airing of the first series that the showed the pilot in the UK.

And lets be honest the Pilot was horrible to watch... (though obviously we had seen the entire first series...).. :shock:

Battlestar Galactica has big shoes to fill..... Two class movies, and a pretty good series that actually reached a decent conclusion. :roll: (before shooting itself in both feet whilst playing the landmine stomp) :x

Yes I know there was apparently a third movie... but do you believe that there are 3 or 5 star wars movies.... :wink: :twisted:

Cool, thanks cartmag.

Now about my original Q. Anyone know when we should be hearing more about this new project JMS is working on?

Cheers,
Slingbld

all I know is the answer to that is soon.... unfortunatly thats all we know... I do know that there where still aprovals to make.. and I's to dot and T's to cross... unfortunatly other then that there has been nothing new

Back