What have you painted/modelled today?

Rob_A

Mongoose
As it says, pics would be nice, also any ups and downs you have had.
I'll start.

15mm Israeli troops, these are quick to paint, Im painting them for a friend.
Skinnie miltia, just 1, theyre looking good IMO.

Thats about it, will probably get more done later. =]

I'm painting my way through a human BloodBowl team... and then I think I'll do an Ork Waarghbike for the "chariot racing" game that we're going to be doing....

I have just undercoated 3 Artizan Bandits Im painting for a friend. Should paint their skin today. I have also nearly finished another venerable. Man my skinnie army is taking waaay too long to paint.

I am recovering my game table and painting everything to match. A reddish desert planet scheme. I am through half my hills and should have the rest done today!

Rob, etc.-

OK, how about this? You should all get a laugh. After finishing off the survivors from a tray of Oreo cookies, I decided to make the transparent plastic tray into a greenhouse for Starship Troopers battles. I just finished a bunch of human colony structures and wanted an added greenhouse with an airlock access. At the end of the project, I decided to illuminate it with a couple of modified clip-on LED booklights. A bit of work, but better this than throwing the tray away, heh :lol: .

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

I dont see how you can eat burnt biscuits. Ill just send you some charcoal with cream inbetween them...

Rob_alderman said:
I dont see how you can eat burnt biscuits. Ill just send you some charcoal with cream inbetween them...

Well, it was the one with "double stuff" in them, so it wasn't as bad as all that, heh. :roll:

I love Oreos, and have been known to eat far too many in one sitting. I finished off those Humans I was painting and also finished the Ork Bike, with a base with barbed wire that he looks like he's jumping over ala Steve McQueen.

Since that I've greenstuffed a BloodBowl Goblin to make him look like Batman (couldn't resist it) and I'm about to paint him, Heresy's DeathBall Boris and a Hasslefree Aquatic Troll, and if I can sort out my order a FantasyFootball Libby from Hasslefree

hehe, pimping the best Indie companies in the world there (HF and Heresy, I have yet to buy any of their stuff, but I have seen it in person and they are so friendly at shows). I MUST buy some of their stuff, SOON. :) I keep going on their forums, but yeah.
Yesterday I painted the first marine in my new space marine army. Im creating a whole army on legion of the damned. I am also painting skinnies for the bring n battle on saturday, hopefully, I will have enough skinnies painted by then :? .

Finished this today. I spent more time on the inside (that you don't see much) than I did on the outside, which is simple in design. I'm calling it a "Botanical Lab", and doesn't even have an external airlock. I suppose it is for Earth-type environments, and will place it in colonist towns. The figure is from a King Kong toy blister pack, and is very close to game scale, so I used him. The door lamp is a magnetic LED from a building toy. It flashes, and I liked it (whatever). No big deal on the external appearance, as I've spent much more time on other stuff. Maybe another day I'll add an airlock, heh. I didn't want the plasti-dome to be pristine, so all of that mess is on purpose. I just tried to keep the "giant" fingerprints from showing, obviously :wink: .

BOTANICAL_LAB4.jpg

BOTANICAL_LAB3.jpg

BOTANICAL_LAB1.jpg

Nice work, loved the Oreo tray greenhouses and like the orblike Botanical Lab too. Now all you need is a Hasslefree Lab Technician to go in there instead of that plastic monkey wrangler!!

And there's nothing wrong with pimping indies :) I'm looking to do a Human (and possibly a necromantic) BloodBowl team using just Heresy and Hasslefree mini's. :)

Buggrit said:
Nice work, loved the Oreo tray greenhouses and like the orblike Botanical Lab too. Now all you need is a Hasslefree Lab Technician to go in there instead of that plastic monkey wrangler!!

Thanks for the link. He does look like he needs to get out of the office and with the plants more. He could use some fiber, heh.

Scanned the little fella so bad pic ahoy....

Finished painting up that Batman Gobbo, wanted him to look like the Old comics, black with blue highlights (also wanted to throw in a nod to the Adam West Batman too, batlogo from Batman Begins, paintjob from Comics/TV Series....

BatGobbo.JPG

Since scanning and posting this I noticed the yellow on the leg that the scan showed up and so the legs have been repainted and given a further highlight.

Finished article (needs varnishing though)

BatGobboFull.JPG

Hog Hog Hog.... I'm Hogging this thread, lol.
Have been working on DeathBall Big Boris from Heresy. In hindsight I should've started with Dwarf Flesh instead of Snakebite Leather as after a flesh wash, highlights and another fleshwash glaze it wouldn't have been as dark as it is turning out. This one's strictly a WIP though.
DBBorisWIP.JPG

On the contrary, hog this thread, I love seeing other peoples models. Nice Boris there, VERY toned muscles there! Bit too brown for my taste, but it looks good. :)

Back