What have you painted/modelled today?

lastbesthope said:
Rob_alderman said:
Whats even better is that most of them are pre 1990, when I wasn't even alive. :roll: :p

To borrow a quote from Reborn... "Good times" :lol:

LBH

Man do I feel old, I was already gaming for 10 years in '90. :)

Most of my D&D minis are lead, from way back when. Back when Toys-R-Us sold D&D stuff.

Nezeray

Nezeray don't feel bad in 1990 I had already been out of full time military for 20 years and out of Cal National Guard for 12 years, out of high school for 26 years etc. etc.

My favorite cowboy hat and pocket knife, I have had both for 35 plus years now.

Man I am old and only getting older, but I refuse to grow up. :D :D :D :D

But as creator, I do not. :(

Yeah I have masses of Citadel/marauder stuff pre '95. I say GW stopped being any good after '97. Or at least began to decline. I have been gaming for 10 years this year (properly gaming for about 6 though :p).

Today I have fully assembled the following;

1 Poseidon Super Carrier
2 Artemis Heavy Frigates
1 Nova Dreadnought
1 Avenger Heavy Carrier
2 Oracle Scout Cruisers
2 Tethys Cutters
4 Hyperion Heavy Cruisers
2 Olympus Corvettes
2 Hermes Transports
2 Omega Destroyers
4 Chronos Frigates
2 Delphi Scouts
24 Starfury flights
3 Thunderbolt flights

Not bad for a days work... now I just have to paint them all :?

Damn, you've been busy.

Over the weekend I managed to assemble, fill and GS

2 Fantasy Football Borises (or Bori!)
and a Deathball Ogre from Heresy

I'm trying to finish my MI Platoon for my colours entry. I'm considering converting a command unit with a medic and comms unit.

I managed to get all 16 of the MI Troopers from my box set toghether and ready to paint last night. Tonight are the bugs, all 38 of them (20 from the box set and 18 from the mega swarm).

Get out the Raid!

Well, I got distracted and didn't get all the bugs done. I did get the following done yesterday, 10 warrior bugs, 1 plasma bug, 1 hopper bug, 1 rippler bug, finished the brain bug (worst model ever) and laid out the pieces for my king tanker. Oh, and I primed all my MI for painting.

Yup, that works.

I have 5 and a half more MI to paint to bring it up to 2 whole squads of CAPs.
I also finished painting my skinnie advisor conversion.
I put together and spray painted a skinnie heavy speeder yesterday. I started to paint one of the crew, and got bored at the grey fleshtone part, so stopped. I'll finish it someday.

I have had a full day to say the least, I put together, based, primed & base coated my Minbari Reinforcements box set, put together & based my EA Nova Dreadnaught, 2 Tethys Cutters & 2 Artemis Heavy Frigates. I also put together, primed and based 1 ISA Victory Class Destroyer & 1 Whitestar. I also primed and base coated my Plasma Bug. :shock: I just looked at the clock, I've been at it since about 1300 today.

By based I mean I use the barrel clasp method with aluminum rods. I have modified it slightly and use a 2" fender washer with an old stlye FASA aero hex base. I'll post pics later.

Put together, Epic Vlad, Manowar Kovnik and a unit of doomreavers all from warmachine today. Oh yeah, and the limited edition GW fanatics.

Built and painted a CHAS last night. I managed to give it some articulation in the Torso and elbows, and i'm quite proud of that.

I'm hoping to get some painting done this weekend.... Need to paint the Flesh Golems for my Necromantic BloodBowl team and I'm hoping to start on my Borises (Bori?) and Ogre for the Human team I'm working on.

well, good luck! Can I suggest you use less inking on these Bori than your last. I would suggest building up from a brown/flesh mix up to just flesh. I use GW paints, bestial and dwarf flesh 50/50 mix, then dwarf flesh, then elf flesh and dwarf flesh 50/50 mix, then highlight with elf flesh. I think it looks quite natural, but also picks out the contrast you need in this kind of painting.

I'll probably start with GW Tanned flesh. The problem I had with the last Boris was that I started with snakebite leather washed with fleshwash. This time I'll start with tanned flesh and leave the washing till after I'm done with all the highlights to bring them together. It's the wash of flesh ink that I used at the start that left him looking far too brown when I started highlighting and then when I put on my tying wash at the end those parts just got darker still!!

I've also recently been editing a lot of my pics by photoshopping them onto a nice blue white gradient background.

Back