What Articles Would you RPG'ers like to see?

Neo

Mongoose
Hidely Ho folks..

So ive been a little busy this month so nothing was submitted by me for issue 35 of Signs and Portents.. So im thinking and planning ahead to issue 36 and wondering what kind of content and for which RPG of Mongooses folks like and find useful?

give me some ideas of the kinds of things you would like to see and I may just put finger to keyboard and come up with something for submission that may suit..no promises mind but still better to say what you'd like to see and have a chance of it happening then stay quiet and go "aww I was hoping...." when the next issue comes out heh.

Any RPG, Mongoose has put out is a viable candidate as far as Im concerned im familiar with all thier games pretty well and some like Babylon 5 and Starship Troopers I am VERY familiar with.

So post your ideas folks.

jadrax said:
Lone wolf Material ;o)

Specifically senarios and detailed background stuff.

I second that thought.

More background information is needed to supplement the Gazetteer section in the RPG.

slaine stuff

a basic low magic village/town set up
a high celtic myth adventure
more detail on the 4 main citys
new stats and adventures based around the new books of invasion including carnival
slaine heroes and villians fully stated and with historys(maybe some non comic too)
basic adventures
epic campains

are just a few ideas I have alot more :D

With the release of the new B52E, I almost think its been remiss not to have more related content in S&P RP'er. A lot of people have been asking about the new starhip system, and rogue telepaths...

Chern

bumpage

Come on folks..keep those Ideas flowing.

If there is a game you want supported in some way say what you'd like to see.

If there is something you feel is missing and would or could use if you had it.. throw that out..you never know I may just take the request and run with it.

How about more articles for the Game Masters.

Remember S&P #1, it had a great article on how player actions can affect the setting.

A series for the GM that covers advanced topics like campaign building, balancing Encounter Level, managing wealth, creating effective NPCs. These are all areas that many new GMs have trouble with and unless they get a chance to play with a better GM will probably not learn.

How many of us have played campaigns where after a few random encounters with high EL creatures, and won by sheer luck, had such huge piles of treasure that we should have been able to buy a city. Then went out and bought super powerful magic items. Then found we needed to fight higher EL creatures for it to be fun, which caused the cycle to start over.

lastbesthope said:
Neo said:
If there is a game you want supported in some way say what you'd like to see.

Wars RPG articles.

LBH

To be honest with WARs and some of the games like Jeremiah I've often wondered why Mongoose havent broken down the books that were written but never released into a series of articles and released them that way? At least them the writers works gets seen albeit in smaller chunks at a time and those manuscripts don't go to waste never to be seen.

And better yet it would mean a fairly sizeable selection of "pre-done" articles for use in S&P ready and waiting to go already.

but anyway.. great ideas gimme more :)

It is my understanding that the conversion issues beyond the conversion notes that were covered in the main rules is in hand and being dealt with.

it wouldnt surprise me if they put an erratta out soon too.

Neo said:
It is my understanding that the conversion issues beyond the conversion notes that were covered in the main rules is in hand and being dealt with.

I hope quickly, I have improvised today by Giving the Born Pilot Feat to one of my player, I hope, with the good bonuses.

I'd particularly like to see more Babylon 5 related articles, in general, and more specifically some articles fleshing out minor alien races that are not likely to get immediate coverage in other products--along the lines of the Pak'ma'ra article way back.

I'm interested in any of the League races, the Lumati, the Golians, pretty much anything from the fringes of the map.

Also, now that I think about it, that "League of Their Own" article on the Praxis Triad was fairly juicy. How about giving that some support with a scenario or two?

I rather like the idea of a series of articles and scenarios that would continue through S&P for some time, that would be exclusive--ie: not something that's going to get covered in foreseeable future B5 products.

Faënril said:
Neo said:

I hope quickly, I have improvised today by Giving the Born Pilot Feat to one of my player, I hope, with the good bonuses.

Check MSprange's post here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=255184#255184

LBH

Back