WHAT ADVENTURES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE?

EricKRod

Mongoose
Hey guy's,

I've been on hiatus for a while, job promotion, changed day's off, etc. I'm starting to work on more adventures for the Conan RPG and am currently finishing a Stygian style adventure. Although normally I don't lack for idea's when it comes to adventures, I was wondering if there were any particular adventures or area's that gamers were "desperate" to play in or see?

If you have a suggestion for a new adventure or locale, let me know. This could also be a great post to give other gamemasters ideas for their Conan campaigns. :lol:

EricKRod@cox.net

Thanks,

Eric in Vegas

"May the Blue Flame guide our hands, enlighten our minds...and burn our enemies to Arallu." Statement made by Ramujan, High Priest of Asura.

Stygia is always a good idea.

I'm currently running an adventure with a aquilonien noble, a kothic thief, a stygian scholar (a female one, that is, and a noble one) and a stygian half-vampire (must drink blood, has darkvision and fast-healing, but not the other fancy powers of vampires, so the character is not too powerful)

The stygian half-vampire is the centerpiece of the story/campaign. She was a tombraider who was catched by an ancient high priest of Set (3000 years old and very UNdead), and is now one of his thralls. But she has retained mostly her free will and after finishing a very important task he even allowed her to stay with the living a while longer before she must at his side to await the day of the last battle.

Now, they have learned from the stygian sorceress that there may be a possibility to change her back to a living human. For this they must now seek the ancient ruins of Phyton, the main city of Acheron. Problem is, no one knows where Phyton is or was.

The main quest will be to find clues about the whereabouts of Phyton.

Maybe this gives you some ideas?

:twisted:
Ya got to love some adventures in the far north.
The Viking atmosphere, frost giants, hyperborean sorcerors, blood feuds, epic scale of slaughter, wrath, and devastation.
Ideally a lot can be accomplished between the Vanir, Aesir, Hyperboreans, Cimmerians, and some hardy northern Picts mixed together.
Think of running a slaving party into Cimmeria from a Vanir's perspective, or a good old fashioned cattle raid turned deadly via running into a Pict War Party, or ...
The good thing about the wilderness areas is that the ability to imaginative and more slaughter-worthy through unnamed horrors exists.
Crom and Ymir!
Go forth and slay!

EricKRod said:
Although normally I don't lack for idea's when it comes to adventures, I was wondering if there were any particular adventures or area's that gamers were "desperate" to play in or see?

If you have a suggestion for a new adventure or locale, let me know.

Personally, I'd like to see some adventures aimed at the Road of Kings countries - such as Argos, Zingara, Aquilonia, Nemedia, Corinthia, Koth - exploring old and haunted ruins, etc.

Also, more stuff set in the deserts - perhaps along the Shemite/Stygian border.

He's asking for what adventures, not locales. Let me read REH's original Conan and I'll get back to you.

Where it is set is as important as How, What, Why, Who, and When. I'm also inclined to say something along the lines of the Tomb of Horrors --- but I need to read REH's Conan tales to understand what adventures would best fit in Conan's world.

Altantean DM said:
He's asking for what adventures, not locales.

That's odd, because he wrote:

One would think that meant adventures or locales.

Whenever I run a game, I immerse myself into the genre and source material. I've been reading all kinds of Conan and other Sword and Sorcery stories lately (CAS' Hyperborea especially), which give me all kinds of adventure ideas.

I'd like to see more Cthulhu Mythos cross-overs.

Political intrigue, which is a popular REH theme, usually of the "I will hire you to help me assassinate the evil king/priest/whatever" variety, would be nice.

It would be fun to see some crossover stories: Conan goes to space, Conan ala Anime, Conan ala Xena, Conan ala Kung Fu movie, Conan meets Elric of Melnibone' (see the Marvel comic), etc. Just weird stuff. The purists would go nuts, but I'm not a purist and I like weird combinations and experimentations.

Everyone has commented on some great ideas. The far north and the central civilised lands along the Road of Kings has always been in my foremost in my mind.

An adventure on the Vilayet sea, Northern raiders that discover ancient ruins sealed in a glacier, or even a Stygian Slavers band that crosses into the Black Kingdoms and incurs the wrath of a local Shaman.

All great ideas and yes I was asking for locales also. Sorry, I don't like the idea of "Conan in space" or "Conan/Xena" crossovers, but at least you have a great imagination.

Keep up the great idea's, I'm sure that others are benefitting from your great idea's.

Eric in Vegas

"May the Midnight blade cut my way to salvation." Hertus, Assassin of Katar, right before his death.

Jason Durall said:
Altantean DM said:
He's asking for what adventures, not locales.

That's odd, because he wrote:

One would think that meant adventures or locales.

Well, some people not only have selective hearing, but selective reading too. So, it is Adventures or locales. Not both, I take it. One or the other.

Personally I'm interested in the "Atlanteans" and their many Isles far in the western ocean as depicted in Conan of the Isles. It's got some evil priests, strange creatures, weapons and armour that I'd love to see more of.

I'm really hoping for some sort of supplement from Mongoose though, if only for some stats for the nifty weapons and armour.

EricKRod said:
If you have a suggestion for a new adventure or locale, let me know. This could also be a great post to give other gamemasters ideas for their Conan campaigns.

How about some previews with adventures around Shadizar or in Zamoria? Something to wet our appetites for the upcoming supplement?

Also would go well with my Throne of Blood campaign. :)

Be happy to add some of my own input.

Crom!
Lando

Odovacar's Ghost said:
Is that Atlantis or Mu (Lemuria)? Mu being Lemuria, or Lemura being Mu

From what I understood, it was from a chain of islands off the coast of a vast, unknown continent far to the West. Possibly Mu and probably not Lemuria, seeing as how the Khitans probably would have had contact with them and thus their race would have been known to Hyborians, if only as yet another far off alien race in the East.

I'm of a mind that the story refers to a completey new continent which lies far West of Hyboria and far East of Khitai.

Back