What other Dredd supplements would you like to see?

djd

Mongoose
So what Dredd supplements would you like to see?

Personally I'd love to see a book or books allowing us to play Perps, Mutants, and other PC types as a priority. The Uranium City locale as in the 'Harmony' strip is full of fun potential PC types.

A space book would also be very useful, covering the ships, planets and aliens of the Dredd verse.

Hopefully the ABC Warriors RPG that's been mooted will give us enough aditional rules for robots.

Yes, that would be cool :D

The only thing I'd say about supplements dealing with specific locations though - as an owner of the D20 Brit City, is that some maps - even general overview maps of the city would be very useful. I get the point in the JD rulebook that the mega cities are too big to map in detail but I do think general maps - at a large scale would be useful for players and referees alike

Scenarios. Really - all the background I need is in 2000AD. I'm interested in adventures, not background - unless that background is something new, like - ooh, THE CURSED EARTH - with maps.

The rest was covered in the D20 supplements, and if re-released then I would have to think very carefully before parting with any cash just for having stuff fit a new rule-set which I wont even be using. (sorry, but I'm not buying the Traveller rules when I have a perfectly playable set of house rules for Dredd games - I'll buy everything else so long as it's new, but I'm not learning a new set of rules)

I agree if I had the d20 supplements I would have to think carefully before re-buying, but, I don't so, my wallet will have some kind of knee jerk reaction and buy them :) I used to own a lot of 2000AD right back to Prog 1, which I sold a loooong time ago, at what seemed like an obscene amount of money. So I don't have the reference materials on hand any more.

What would be useful would be a set of minis, cardboard would be fine ala the orginal Games Workshop set, I know there is a version of them on the web, but, some new miis would be cool.

Lunar City and Space were elements not well covered in earlier JD RPG's barring GWs Titan section on one adventure scenario.
Admittedly most deep Space adventures tend to be a bit 'whacky' in the strips though the one where Dredd was under arrest and had to get a party of survivors back through a hostile world and the Space Corps adventures were grittier.

dreamingbadger said:
I agree if I had the d20 supplements I would have to think carefully before re-buying,.
I think some of the supplements could be better a second time around... like I said above I think some maps would add to them in terms of usability and the artwork could be improved too

djd said:
dreamingbadger said:
I agree if I had the d20 supplements I would have to think carefully before re-buying,.
I think some of the supplements could be better a second time around... like I said above I think some maps would add to them in terms of usability and the artwork could be improved too

Maps definately add flavour and usability , especially when combined with travel times, between locations, which always adds tension to a scenario... and also helps "center"the players a bit better.

Very true. Also - its handy to know roughly where the Grand Hall of Justice is in relation to Moonray Tower or whatever. Dosen't need to be a detailed map but even a overview would help. I can't help thinking that Mongooses poor record with maps has some influence on them not producing them in the Dredd game

charliebananas said:
Brutorz Bill said:
I'd like to see a supplement covering mutants in more detail.

Yeah a Cursed Earth supplement would be cool, if done right it would be a toolkit to run post apoc games with Traveller.

Exactly!!! : )
I know Strontium Dog will have expanded mutants and such, but a Cursed Earth Supplement would rock!

Heh. I'm actually putting together the "Book of Law", which when you open it up, contains Cards, with Crimes and Punishments on it, as a sort of table supplement. That's the back Half of "the book" the front half is a perfectly good writing tome for notes and such during game play.....Toss in a few plastic sheets here and there, a small character sheet and poof. Glory Days....

But that's just for my own fun.

Been doing this with 3x5 Cards for awhile but the card geeks in my groups seem to like the idea.

As for Supplements though. Information. For those that surround me, that know nothing about the Dredd continuity. Get some of those graphic novels out there, go Hard with other supplements like Brit Cit, Vatican City, etc etc etc......Expose Judge Walker for the JIMP that he is....all that fun stuff.

And get me some Miniatures back. :D

~Rex

Loz said:
Judge Walker is, and always has been, my friend...

Yeah but take a close look, at the End of the Example Character Generation section, at the Art on that page. Spot the Jimp.

~Rex

dreamingbadger said:
mostly mirrors or walker is going to do 5 to 20...

Once they figure out where the LARD streets are at ......We loved that picture though. Made it a lot of fun with the Players at Gencon to play Spot the Jimp!

~Rex The Black Hand, Mongoose Infantry

Back