What other Dredd supplements would you like to see?

lastbesthope said:
A complete Haynes-esque manual for the LawMaster and LawGiver

:lol:

LBH
(Rocket scientist and technogeek)

I still want my Lawmaster Lunch Cooler to take to Con's with me. :D

~Rex

http://aliens.humlak.cz/aliens/aliens_papirove_modely/bonus-lawgiver_gb.html

not so much the lawgiver, or the badge, I just thought the book of law would make a nice game prop

dreamingbadger said:

not so much the lawgiver, or the badge, I just thought the book of law would make a nice game prop

Oh indeed, it would make a nice player reference book as well.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
dreamingbadger said:

Oh indeed, it would make a nice player reference book as well.

LBH

Yeah even if it were just made as a blank book one can write in during the game, as can be seen from other publishers, those little game related and styled "tomes and grimoires", Sell left and right. Especially at conventions.

Now me being cheap, I would actually build the thing as a clever d-ring binder, so one could constantly add in new sheets as you go along.

~Rex

The book of the Law idea is a good one, it would need to be a cheap pocket sized book that reprints the game rules for crimes and punishments, if there was room it could also reprint the judges equipment section, this would make a great reference for the players, and if done cheaply enough I would by one for each player.

Something else that I would find useful is a little book (or even S&P article) that just contained handy lists for generating block names, road names, etc for the Big Meg. Obviously you can do it yourself but it'd be a useful time saving device for GM's. Just off to the Ollie Reed Agrodome via the Victoria Beckham Skedway.... Or how about a visit to the Anne Widdicombe Alien Zoo? Just a thought....

And maps!! We need maps guys! I accept the arguement that it's too much to map any one sector in detail but an overview map of the Big Meg showing where all the sectors are would be a BIG help.

djd said:
Something else that I would find useful is a little book (or even S&P article) that just contained handy lists for generating block names, road names, etc for the Big Meg. Obviously you can do it yourself but it'd be a useful time saving device for GM's. Just off to the Ollie Reed Agrodome via the Victoria Beckham Skedway.... Or how about a visit to the Anne Widdicombe Alien Zoo? Just a thought....

And maps!! We need maps guys! I accept the arguement that it's too much to map any one sector in detail but an overview map of the Big Meg showing where all the sectors are would be a BIG help.

Cards. and you deal them out randomly to generate Names. Or even, MAPS. :D

~Rex

There is already a load of awesome stuff in the new edition of JDRPG but still screaming out for supplements and articles as only so much can be crammed into a book and keep the price down (take a look at Ptlous if you don't know what I mean 700+pages and a dvd with more or less the same on it for over 100 bucks).

I did a fair bit of work on a Luna-1 sourcebook for the old D20 version of the game, but it never really got anywhere and is knocking around a disc somewhere I think, though I may just start again from scratch with that if I ever get around to it.

Adventures are always great fun to write and even better to play as Mega-City One is such an awesome playground and full of ideas that the city itself becomes a character so more adventures are a must.

The Cursed Earth hasn't really been covered that much in the past (Hotdog Run didn't make it into the last book, though was hosted on Dredd Times till my site got pulled by the server and I lost the backups) and a few articles in back issues of S&P. There is a wealth of oppertunity for anyone wanting to address this and get their fingers clicking on the keyboards :D

I would love to see more Crazes and was working on a second crazes book before D20 got discontinued so who knows lol.

As it stands the new rule book is about all you need to play Judge Dredd, even if you are brand new to the character and his universe, Lawrence did an awesome job and the editing and layout are perhaps the best I have seen from Mongoose in a very long time so kudos all round.

Marc

Dredd Times said:
There is already a load of awesome stuff in the new edition of JDRPG but still screaming out for supplements and articles as only so much can be crammed into a book and keep the price down (take a look at Ptlous if you don't know what I mean 700+pages and a dvd with more or less the same on it for over 100 bucks).

I did a fair bit of work on a Luna-1 sourcebook for the old D20 version of the game, but it never really got anywhere and is knocking around a disc somewhere I think, though I may just start again from scratch with that if I ever get around to it.

Adventures are always great fun to write and even better to play as Mega-City One is such an awesome playground and full of ideas that the city itself becomes a character so more adventures are a must.

The Cursed Earth hasn't really been covered that much in the past (Hotdog Run didn't make it into the last book, though was hosted on Dredd Times till my site got pulled by the server and I lost the backups) and a few articles in back issues of S&P. There is a wealth of oppertunity for anyone wanting to address this and get their fingers clicking on the keyboards :D

I would love to see more Crazes and was working on a second crazes book before D20 got discontinued so who knows lol.

As it stands the new rule book is about all you need to play Judge Dredd, even if you are brand new to the character and his universe, Lawrence did an awesome job and the editing and layout are perhaps the best I have seen from Mongoose in a very long time so kudos all round.

Marc

Still waiting for that Luna City book........ :D

As was said above, with just the main book though you can get one hell of a game going, with plenty of room to add your own stuff (even to Mega City 1), any time you want to, and even more room for there to be more supplements, etc etc etc down the road.

The Dredd Universe, the 2000ad stuff from Dredd to Strontium Dog to Rogue Trooper to Durham Red, is one of the single Largest, continuities out there to play with, and has acres and acres of potential for anyone that wants to jump in.

Nice thing with all that is the background is so rich even when you get a Core book that just gives you a timeline and a synopsis, you can then interpolate easily enough, what else to do. Or Add. Or even, remove if you have a better idea that works for you.

~Rex......has jumped as far as the day job allows at the moment. heh....

Back