Warhammer Conversion

This is an attempt at a conversion of the Warhammer setting. The Warhammer world has a lower level of magic, so Common Magic is not freely available. Instead it represents the "petty" spells of wizards - spells that must be mastered before progressing onto the more powerful magics, represented by the Sorcery magic system. Each Grimoire relates to a order of magic, be it Jade, Amber, Amethyst etc. Each player may only belong to one order of magic.

Character Generation

Men of the Empire
The Empire is the preeminent realm in the Old World, a wealthy nation with powerful armies, inhabited by a dynamic race of men who hold the fate of civilization in their hands. There is no such thing as the typical Empire citizen. The people of the northern forests and icy coasts are tall and strong, with fierce eyes and blond hair, the men sporting bushy beards. A belligerent folk, they honour Ulric, god of battle. Those from the cold, eastern borderlands are shorter and darker, the men growing luxuriant moustaches. They wear heavy furs and are renowned for their love of strong drink and their dour temperament. The inhabitants of the Great Forest that dominates the centre of the Empire prefer unhurried lives devoted to Taal, god of nature, while those of the sunny, open plains of the south dress in bright colours and are known for their lively disposition and tall tales.

Men are not as long-lived as the elder races of dwarfs and elves, but their mortality drives them to stamp their mark on the world. The folk of the Empire are renowned for their endless creativity, and are insatiable adventurers. Imperial engineers strive to improve upon the clockwork and steam-powered technologies borrowed from the dwarfs, and explorers traverse exotic lands across the ocean. A few men and women have recently begun to master the dangerous art of magic, introduced by the high elves to help humankind defend itself against the warped sorceries and armies of Chaos.

Human Adventurers start at 16+1D4 years of age. Aging tests are required at 40 years old, and every year after. When creating an experienced Adventurer, age requirements for each rank are Seasoned (21), Veteran (28), Master (35), and Hero (42).

STR: 3D6 (11)
CON: 3D6 (11)
SIZ: 2D6+6 (13)
INT: 2D6+6 (13)
POW: 3D6 (11)
DEX: 3D6 (11)
CHA: 3D6 (11)
Movement: 8 metres
Traits: None

Dwarf
Dwarfs are a sturdy race: four and a half feet of solid muscle. They wear tough leathers, chainmail, and horned helmets, warhammers or axes slung at their belts. A dwarfs most prized possession is his beard – its length and whiteness reveal age and experience, and its adornments and the weave of its braids denote rank. Dwarfs live in mountain strongholds bordering the Empire, and are adept fighters, even in the gloom of tunnels. Unless they die in battle, they live for centuries. Every dwarf can recount his lineage back through numerous generations, and remembers every insult endured by his ancestors – the settling of a grudge is a serious issue. Dwarfs seldom back down or change their mind, but they always honour their pledge. They do not waste words on trivialities, and their gruff manner wins them few friends outside their own race. But a dwarf’s friendship, once given, is absolute.

Dwarf craftsmanship is vastly superior to that of men. They utilise steam-powered engines, clockwork devices, devastating blackpowder weaponry, and even ingenious flying machines. However, bound by tradition, nothing can be invented or improved without approval from the elders of the Dwarf Engineers Guild. Most dwarfs respect their betters, and those who do not are snubbed and humiliated. Dwarfs have no affinity for spellcasting, although runesmiths carve artefacts with intricate, magical runes. Dwarfs honour the smith-god Grungni, the warrior-god Grimnir, and Valaya, protectoress of the hearth, and their religious rites involve the copious quaffing of potent ale. Most dwarfs have an insatiable lust for wealth, and are loath to part with the smallest treasure. Expert miners, they delve deep underground for precious stones and metals, including rare gromril, tougher yet lighter than iron.

Dwarf Adventurers start at 50+2D6 years of age. Aging tests are required at 120 years old, and every 3 years after. When creating an experienced Adventurer, age requirements for each rank are Seasoned (63), Veteran (74), Master (95), and Hero (126).

STR: 4D6 (14)
CON: 2D6+12 (19)
SIZ: 1D6+6 (10)
DEX: 2D6 (7)
Movement: 6 metres
Traits: Dark Sight, Earth Sense

High Elf
Taller and more slender than most men, high elves have pointed ears and pale, delicate features framed by long golden or ebony hair. They live for many centuries, and to stare into elven eyes is to gaze into deep wells of arcane lore. They bear themselves with noble dignity, wearing silk robes, or, in times of war, shining scale-mail and tall helms, decorated with gold and jewels. High elves dedicate their long lives to perfecting a chosen art. Some pursue the skills of war, some become exceptional craftsmen, and others seek out ancient lore, reaching an understanding of magic far beyond human comprehension. They value learning, and consider themselves the most civilised of all races. Subtle in speech and manner, they can convey intricate depths of meaning with the slightest gesture.

Their homeland is Ulthuan, ruled by the Phoenix King Finubar and the beautiful Everqueen. It is a verdant, magical isle of white-towered cities, lying across the Great Ocean far to the west of the Old World. The venerated elf deities protect Ulthuan: Asuryan the creator, Vaul the craftsman, Isha, lady of fertility, and violent Khaine. High elf citizens proudly join the ranks of Ulthuan’s armies from an early age, taking their responsibilities and duties seriously. The High Elves are not a numerous race, and their island is beset by a cruel enemy – their treacherous kin, the dark elves.

Elven Adventurers start at 64+2D8 years of age. Aging tests are required at 160 years old, and every 4 years after. When creating an experienced Adventurer, age requirements for each rank are Seasoned (84), Veteran (112), Master (140), and Hero (168).

SIZ: 2D6+4 (11)
INT: 3D6+6 (17)
POW: 2D6+6 (13)
DEX: 3D6+6 (17)
Movement: 10 metres
Traits: Magic Sense, Night Sight

Wood Elf
Wood elves are physically similar to their high elf kin. They equal them in beauty and grace, and have unsurpassed agility. Wood elves wear simple hides and furs, camouflaged to allow them to fade among the trees. Their forest life teaches them to move without trace through the most tangled terrain. Their home, Athel Loren, is a great forest that hugs the southern foothills of the Grey Mountains between the Empire and Bretonnia. Outsiders dare not enter these strange woods, for a powerful magic protects the trees. The wood elves wander in small kinbands, forever guarding the forest. They emerge from the foliage like ghosts, striking down intruders before vanishing mist-like into the undergrowth.

Magic and illusion are integral aspects of wood elf life – their mages can awaken the trees and commune with the spirits of the forest, such as tiny spites, vicious dryads, and lumbering treemen. Wood elves revere all arboreal life, and despise those who despoil the forests, whether men, dwarfs, or greenskins, but reserve their bitterest hatred for Chaos, which warps the natural world.

Elven Adventurers start at 64+2D8 years of age. Aging tests are required at 160 years old, and every 4 years after. When creating an experienced Adventurer, age requirements for each rank are Seasoned (84), Veteran (112), Master (140), and Hero (168).

SIZ: 2D6+4 (11)
POW: 3D6+6 (17)
Traits: Life Sense, Night Sight

Gnome
Gnomes in the Empire have often been described,- though never to their face - as small (or "petty") dwarfs. They are undoubtedly distant relatives, sharing the same stocky build and long, shaggy beards, but they are about 10 inches shorter on average, and are noted for their large, bulbous noses. Gnomes are both more nimble and more dexterous than their larger cousins, and these facts, coupled with their well-known antipathy for other races, has often lead them to being labelled "thieving stunties". But they also include some skilled illusionists among their number, for, unlike dwarfs, some of them have a natural aptitude for this kind of magic. Gnomes are also excellent smiths and craftsmen, and are fascinated- not to say obsessed- by all things mechanical; they love gadgets of all kinds. Few gnomes actually live as part of human society, but they profit greatly from trade in gnomic artefacts.

Most gnomes are great practical jokers; there`s nothing they like better than a good laugh at someone else`s expense. But woe betide the man or woman who dares to extract the Michael from a gnome, especially if he or she dares to make any derogatory comments about the gnomes lack of stature. Not for nothing to they have a reputation for being short-tempered and difficulty to get on with.

Being gregarious creatures, who invariable make their homes in communal burrows and caverns, it is unheard of for a gnome to spend any length of time in the wide open spaces that foster hunters and other rural types. Accordingly, gnomes do not start in such careers.

CON: 2D6+6 (13)
SIZ: 1D6+4 (8)
POW: 2D6+6 (13)
DEX: 3D6 (11)
Movement: 7 metres
Traits: Dark Sight, Earth Sense

Gnome Adventurers start at 32+1D8 years of age. Aging tests are required at 80 years old, and every 2 years after. When creating an experienced Adventurer, age requirements for each rank are Seasoned (42), Veteran (56), Master (70), and Hero (84).

Halfling
Halflings are a small but dexterous race who look like human children to the untrained eye. The fact that they cannot grow beards only enforces this impression. Although they tend to be pot-bellied, since they eat twice as often as any other race, they are capable of great stealth. When combined with their natural ability with a sling, Halflings can prove to be surprisingly stubborn opponents. They are, however, a largely peaceful people, content to farm, eat and smoke pipe-weed. They are proud of their families and all Halflings can recite their family lineage back ten generations or more.

Most Halflings are homebodies. They enjoy peace and quiet and want nothing more than to be left alone to enjoy good food and a good smoke. There are, however a small number of Halflings who find their homeland, the Moot, intolerably boring. When the most exciting event of the day is finding out what kind of pie is for desert, some folks need a change. These Halflings develop a taste for adventure and leave the Moot behind, often for roguish pursuits. Since these Halflings are the ones most often encountered in the Empire, it is perhaps no coincidence that Halflings as a whole, have gotten a reputation as light-fingered sneaks.

Halfling Adventurers start at 24+1D6 years of age. Aging tests are required at 60 years old, and every 18 months after. When creating an experienced Adventurer, age requirements for each rank are Seasoned (31), Veteran (42), Master (52), and Hero (63).

STR: 2D6 (7)
CON: 2D6+9 (16)
SIZ: 1D6+3 (7)
DEX: 2D6+9 (16)
Movement: 6 metres
Traits: Night Sight

Ogre
Ogres are big, ugly, brutish monsters that excel at two things: eating and fighting. An ogre is easily recognised by his massive frame and boulder-gut, but any that come across one would do well to stay out of its path, for an ogre will, more often than not, , club to death and messily devour any living thing it can catch. The Ogres come from a number of kingdoms scattered throughout the Mountains of Mourn and beyond, far to the east of the Old World. They travel the world fighting as rnercenaries and picking on those weaker than themselves, which, to be frank, is nearly everybody. To the dismay of the civilised races, the ogre populations in the mountains have grown so large that they have begun to foray into the outside world, no longer in groups of two or three, but in their hundreds.

A single Ogre is more than a match for half a dozen normal men. A full-grown ogre bull stands over ten feet tall and is almost half as wide at the gut. The gut of the common ogre is of utmost importance to its owner, socially, spiritually and physically. An ogre with a large gut is seen as wealthy and strong,for he has obviously eaten well to ensure such impressive girth. The ogre religion revolves around eating, and the gluttonous Butchers believe that they can commune with their primitive god through this simple act. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the ogre's vital organs are situated far lower than a man's. These organs are protected by a thick interlocking skin of musculature, and can grind and crack with terrific force, allowing the ogre to digest almost anything he cares to toss into his cavernous maw. But the common ogre leaves nothing to chance when it comes to his beloved abdomen, and protects his innards further with a large circular "gut plate". This is usually made of metal , beaten into shape or even cast in a mould, and will commonly depict an icon important to the owner's parent tribe. The gut- plate is secured around the ogre's waist by a heavy belt often used to store the ogre's eating tools.

STR: 3D6+12 (23)
CON: 3D6+12 (23)
SIZ: 3D6+12 (23)
INT: 1D6+6 (10)
DEX: 2D6 (7)
CHA: 2D6 (7)
Traits: None

Ogre Adventurers start at 16+1D4 years of age. Aging tests are required at 40 years old, and every year after. When creating an experienced Adventurer, age requirements for each rank are Seasoned (21), Veteran (28), Master (35), and Hero (42).

Nice work, though I didn't read it all.

I would suggest though, to put it into a pdf file and upload it to some file sharing service (dropbox for instance) and then link to it. It will be very difficult for people to find what they need etc in a separate document than spread over multiple forum posts.

- Dan

Interesting work :) nicely put together

Humans and Dwarves look good

re Elves
In Warhammer, Elves are no weaker than humans (thats a D+D thing), they are however quicker and more agile as you already have them :). I would think something like this?

STR: 3d6 (11)
SIZ: 2D6+8 (14)
CHA: 2D6+6 (13)

Ogres look good - but I'd probably go for INT = 1D6+6?

Dan True said:
Nice work, though I didn't read it all.

I would suggest though, to put it into a pdf file and upload it to some file sharing service (dropbox for instance) and then link to it. It will be very difficult for people to find what they need etc in a separate document than spread over multiple forum posts.

- Dan

Thanks. Once it starts to come together, I will do that. At the mo, I am looking for feedback.

Da Boss said:
Interesting work :) nicely put together

Humans and Dwarves look good

re Elves
In Warhammer, Elves are no weaker than humans (thats a D+D thing), they are however quicker and more agile as you already have them :). I would think something like this?

STR: 3d6 (11)
SIZ: 2D6+8 (14)
CHA: 2D6+6 (13)

Ogres look good - but I'd probably go for INT = 1D6+6?

Cheers. Yes very good points. Obviously i was cutting and pasting, but you are right about strength. I will amend those values. And Ogres. Much better. Regarding Elves, though, they traditionally have less wounds than other races, so I am reducing , rather than increasing size. They may be taller, but are much slighter and therefore not so hardy.

re magic - the Colour of Magic / Grimoire is a very nice idea - should work well.

The Elric Rune Magic may work well for the Dwarf magic |(PM me if you want to know more.

Look forward to reading more - if you need any source info let me me know as I pretty much every book for both 1st and 2nd Ed WFRP :) plus same for all of WFB etc etc etc - sad but true.

Thanks. I have pretty much everything for 1st and 2nd ed, and some stuff for 3rd ed, so i think i will be ok for reference. but that elric rune magic sounds interesting...

phantomdoodler said:
Cheers. Yes very good points. Obviously i was cutting and pasting, but you are right about strength. I will amend those values. And Ogres. Much better. Regarding Elves, though, they traditionally have less wounds than other races, so I am reducing , rather than increasing size. They may be taller, but are much slighter and therefore not so hardy.

Thanks - just be careful that Dwarven players don't on occassion end up with more SIZ than the Elf player - they would never live it down :lol:

Arguably you could drop life sense for High Elves and give them some form of Magic Sense - perhaps nice difference between them and their woodland cousins? In another pack I gave my elves the racial trait of arrogance which may fit in with the High elves, beautiful, clever, and awesome but also condescending and arrogant?

Arrogance: Almost without exception, the elves of the Great Clans consider themselves superior to other humanoid races. They suffer a –10 penalty to Influence checks against members of other Clans and a -20% penalty to Influence checks against non-elves. This does not apply to intimidation attempts.

I'd also alomst be tempted to change the Orges STR, CON and SIZ to 2d6+12 to ,ake sure they are all big, tough and strong - most runts get eaten - although I guess thats maybe why the player is away from his homelands!??

Cultures of Warhammer

Being rather set in their ways, non-human races each have their own culture, while the more diverse men of the empire, have many different provincial-based cultures.

Dwarfs
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (Dwarven) and Lore (Regional), +10% to Evaluate and Brawn, +20% to Resilience and Persistence.
Combat Styles
Choose any two of the following at +10%: Axe & Shield, Hammer & Shield, 2H Axe, 2H Hammer, Crossbow, Unarmed, Dagger, Pair of Axes, Firearms
Advanced Skills
Language (Khazalid) +50%, and one from the following: Engineering, Lore (Mining or Metallurgy), Craft (Smith, Armourer or Brewer), Language (any) Mechanisms
Starting Professions
Starting Money
4D6 x100 Silver Shillings

Gnomes
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (Gnomish) and Lore (Regional), +10% to Sleight, Stealth, Perception and Persistence, any one at +10%: Athletics, Evade, Evaluate, Influence
Combat Styles
Choose any one of the following at +10%: Axe & Shield, Hammer & Shield, Crossbow, Unarmed, Dagger, firearms
Advanced Skills
Language (Ghassally) +50%, and any three from the following: Acrobatics, Engineering, Lore (Mining), Common Magic, Craft (Smith, Armourer or Stoneworker), Language (any)
Starting Professions

Starting Money
4D6 x75 Silver Shillings

Halfling
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (Halfling) and Lore (Regional), +20% to Influence and Stealth, +10% to any one of Athletics, Evaluate, Perception, Dance, Evade, First Aid, Sing, Sleight.
Combat Styles
Sling +10%, plus any one of the following at +10%: 1H Sword, Sword and Shield, Unarmed, Dagger, 1H Spear, Spear and Shield, Short bow
Advanced Skills
Language (Reikspiel) +50%, and two from the following: Lore (Genealogy, Heraldry, Herbs or Gardening), Language (any) Courtesy, Commerce
Starting Professions
Acrobat, Agitator, Bawd, Barber-Surgeon, Bone Picker, Bounty Hunter, Bard, Blacksmith, Camp Follower, Charcoal Burner, Craftsman, Farmer, Ferryman, Fieldwarden, Fisherman, Gambler, Grave Robber, Herdsman, Hunter, Scholar, Soldier, Thief, Messenger, Merchant, Mercenary, Militiamen, Outlaw, Peasant, Raconteur, Rat Catcher, Servant, Smuggler, Toll Keeper, Tomb Robber, Vagabond, Valet, Watchman
Starting Money
4D6 x50 Silver Shillings

Are 'gnomes' halflings? I've never heard the term gnome used in warhammer before? But, I'm mostly a wargame player not an wfrp player.

- Dan

They are a variety of Dwarfs - smaller and more agile, and far sneakier. They have been written out of the recent editions of Warhammer, but I never gave up on them. I like to think that the Dwarfs have kept their existence secret due to chronic embarrassment. Halflings are charming, affable rogues, but Gnomes are total buggers. They make great characters, but some Gms may want to deny they exist....

Gnomes are from WFRP 1st ed - they are not really mentioned in 2nd ed - but I guess Like Fimir may come back (*)

Are you going down the route of Provinces as in Sigmars Heirs you could easily do the same with the different Elven Kingdoms and maybe even the Dwarf Holds?

(*) personally I am not a fan of halflings or Gnomes :wink: I am one of those who deny they exist

For humans yes, so players will choose Reiklanders, or Ostlanders etc, Obviously, without a day job, i could cover every culture in the world, but for now, I will stick with the old world. I really have little information relating to different Elven or Dwarven nations and how a character would be different from each of them, but that is also a possibility. At the mo, much like 1st, 2nd and 3rd ed, I am giving the Humans the most diversity. Of course anything is possible in future

I'll have a go at the Elves if you like - give me half an hour and the books and I'll edit this post and you can use as much or as little as you like :)

I don't have the new Legend book only RQ2

High Elves
The island continent of Ulthuan resembles a hollow ring of varied lands, surrounded by archipelagos, broken only by the Straits of Lothern which provides the only safe route into the interior of the Elf kingdom. The realm is divided into the Inner Kingdoms - which are on the shore of the inner sea - and the Outer Kingdoms which encompass the wilder ocean shores and the smaller Island chains.

Eataine
Perhaps the most prosperous and populas land in this realm of plenty, Eataine has its centre the wondrous city state of Lothern, guarded by the titanic fortress - the Emerald Gate. Many palaces and villas dot the lush plains, interspersed with vineyard on the hillsides. Lothern is also the only part of the Elf lands that non elves may enter
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (High Elf) and Lore (Eatainel), +10% to Influence, +20% to Courtesy, Dance and Sing.
Combat Styles
Choose any one of the following at +10%: 1H Sword, Elf Bow, Lance, 1H Sword and Shield,
Advanced Skills
Language (Eltharian) +50%, and one from the following: Art, Commerce, Craft (Baker, Bowyer, Brewer, Carpenter, Cartographer, Mason, Painter, Potter, Sculptor, Tailor), Gambling, Lore (Art, Astronomy, Geography, Heraldry, Philosophy, Theology ), Oratory, Play Instrument, Seduction, Shiphandling, Teaching,
Starting Professions
Acrobat, Bard, Courtier, Craftsman, Diplomat, Explorer, Noble, Merchant, Physician, Sailor, Scholar, Soldier, Sorcerer, Spy,
Starting Money
8D6 x100 Silver Shillings

Caledor
To the east of Eataine is the mountainous lands of Caledor, sparsely populated but from here come the Dragon Princes of Old. Caledor Dragontamer, a mighty mage bound the great reptiles to his will and his people named the Kingdom in his honour. There are many once active volcanoes like the infamous Vauls Anvil, but as the fire of these mountains waned - so did the Dragons succumb to slumber. Now the Princes must oft times ride to battle on horses, mighty but a pale shadow compared to the Dragons. The people here are few but tough.
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (High Elf) and Lore (Caledor), +10% to Perception, +20% to Survival and Resilience.
Combat Styles
Choose any two of the following at +10%: 1H Sword and Shield, Elf Bow, Lance, 1H Sword and Shield,
Advanced Skills
Language (Eltharian) +50%, and one from the following: Craft (Bowyer, Carpenter, Cartographer, Tailor), Healing, Lore (Dragons, Geography, Heraldry), Craft (Smith, Armourer or Brewer), Survival,
Starting Professions
Animal Trainer, Craftsman, Explorer, Herdsman, Hunter, Noble Warrior, Tracker,
Starting Money
3D6 x100 Silver Shillings

Ellyrion
North of the once fiery Calador are the great plains of the horse-lords of Ellyrion, a region of gentle summers and mild winters where the magical horses are reared for the nobles and to provide mounts for the renowned Elf cavalry. Known for being quick to anger, the people of Ellyrion are wild and free spirited and precious of their honour. Tor Elyr is the capital of the kingdom, a city of linked castles on the coast of the Sea of Dusk.
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (High Elf) and Lore (Ellyrion), +25% to Ride, +10% to Survival and Dance.
Combat Styles
Choose any two of the following at +10%: Elf Bow, Spear and Shield (*),
Advanced Skills
Language (Eltharian) +50%, and one from the following: Acrobat, Craft (Bowyer, Brewer, Carpenter, Leatherworker, Tailor), Play Instrument, Survival, Track,
Starting Professions
Acrobat, Animal Trainer, Craftsman, Explorer, Hunter, Tracker, Warrior,
Starting Money
(*) Ellyrion warriors are taught to practise their arts on horseback

Avelorn
The great forest of Averlorn lies to the North east of Ellyrion, across the river Ardul. Not only elves dwell in the forest realm, for here can be found Unicorns and Treemen and many parallels can be made to the wood elf realm of Athel Lothern. It is here that the Everqueen holds court for much of the year, guarded by warrior maidens whose position is as coveted as the role of consort to the Queen.
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (High Elf) and Lore (Avelorn), +10% to Insight or Perception, +15% to Sing and Stealth.
Combat Styles
Choose any two of the following at +10%: Elf Bow, Spear and Shield, Sword and Shield or Maiden Guard: Spear, Shield and Elf Bow
Advanced Skills
Language (Eltharian) +50%, and one from the following: Acrobatics, Craft (Brewer, Leatherworker, Tailor, Weaver), Disguise, Play Instrument, Seduction, Sorcery, Survival, Track,
Starting Professions
Acrobat, Animal Trainer, Craftsman, Explorer, Hunter, Sorcerer, Thief, Tracker, Warrior,
Starting Money

Saphery
The Land of Wizardry, or so this realm is known, lying on the Sea of Dreams with its heart being the Tower of Hoeth, a potent shrine to the God of Wisdom rising nearly half a mile into the sky. Within the tower dwell not only the most formidable mages of the lands, but also the famed Sword masters. Few others can be found in the land save for the small courts of the Mage Princes , minor dabblers compared to those within the White tower but potent magicians to others
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (High Elf) and Lore (Saphery), +10% to Insight or Perception, +20% to Persistence.
Combat Styles
Choose any one of the following at +15%: 1H Sword and Mages Staff, 2HD Sword,
Advanced Skills
Language (Eltharian) +50%, and three from the following: Acrobatics, Art, Culture (Other), Language, Lore (any), Meditation, Oratory, Sorcery,
Starting Professions
Alchemist, Champion, Diplomat, Noble, Priest, Scholar, Warrior, Sorcerer, Starting Money

Well thats the inner Kingdoms - now for the wilder outer ones ;) all done :)

Tiranoc
A tragic land filled with cold and hard people, very different form nay of their fellows in the Inner Kingdoms. The westernmost land of the continent with huge mountain ranges which once towered over flowery plains, long since destroyed in the Wars of Sundering. A few small towns and village scan be found still, but these are well guarded and the people cautious for the Dark Elves still raid these lands.
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (High Elf) and Lore (Tiranoc), +10% to Perception, and +10% to two of the following; Insight, Persistence, Resilience, Stealth
Combat Styles
Choose any one of the following at +15%: Elf Bow, 1H Sword and Shield, Spear and Shield,
Advanced Skills
Language (Eltharian) +50%, and One from the following: Craft (any), Disguise, Survival, Track,
Starting Professions
Animal Trainer, Craftsman, Fisherman, Herdsman, Hunter, Mercenary, Sailor, Spy, Thief, Tracker,
Starting Money

The Shadowlands
Like Tiranoc, this land is blighted and devastated by the wars against the Dark Kin adn even fewer now dwell in the former realm of Nagarythe. Those that do sweep the lands watching and waiting for the Dark Elves to return, for they are mostly bitter and vengeance driven.
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (High Elf) and Lore (Shadowlands), +10% to Perception, and +10% to two of the following; Insight, Persistence, Resilience, Stealth
Combat Styles
Choose any two of the following at +10% or one at +20%: Elf Bow, 1H Sword and Shield, Advanced Skills
Language (Eltharian) +50%, and one of the following: Lore (Dark Elves), Survival, Track,
Starting Professions
Animal Trainer, Hunter, Warrior, Spy, Tracker, Sorcerer,
Starting Money
2D6 x100 Silver Shillings

Chrace
To the North lie the once quiet and still uncivilised land of Chrace, now far too often do the raiders of the Dark Kin march to war through the mountain passes. The people of these lands meet them with bow and Great Axe, their skills honed against previous raiders and the many best that dwell in the mountains - the most fearsome of which is the fabled white lion.
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (High Elf) and Lore (Chrace), +10% to Perception, and +10% to Resilience, Stealth
Combat Styles
Choose any two of the following at +10% or one at +20%: Elf Bow, 2HD Axe, Sword and Shield, Spear and Shield,
Advanced Skills
Language (Eltharian) +50%, and one of the following: Healing, Lore (Dark Elves), Play Instrument, Survival, Track,
Starting Professions
Animal Trainer, Champion, Craftsmen (any), Herdsman, Hunter, Tracker, Warrior, Starting Money

Cothique
Neighbour to Chrace, a coastal kingdom with hardy and watchful seafarers who brave the dangerous Northern waters which hold both vast beasts and Dark Elf Raiders. Strong and mirthful are the people of Cothiquel
Common Skill Bonuses
+30% Culture (High Elf) and Lore (Cothiquel), +10% to Swim, and +10% to Perception and Resilience,
Combat Styles
Choose any two of the following at +10% or one at +20%: Elf Bow, Harpoon and Shield, Sword and Shield, Spear and Shield,
Advanced Skills
Language (Eltharian) +50%, and one of the following: Boating, Shiphandling, Survival,
Starting Professions
Bard, Blacksmith, Champion, Craftsmen (any), Explorer, Fisherman, Hunter, Sailor, Warrior, Sorcerer,
Starting Money

Yvresse
The wild land of Yvresse is filled with dark forests and bleak fjords with only a few walled towns and a single city Tor Yvresse. The coast is shrouded from the vision of non elves and even on occasion the elves themselves. Devastated by the ravaging horde of Grom the Paunch, the people are few and scattered.[/b]
+30% Culture (High Elf) and Lore (Yvresse), +10% to Perception and +10% to Ride and Resilience,
Combat Styles
Choose any two of the following at +10% : Elf Bow, Sword and Shield, Spear and Shield,
Advanced Skills
Language (Eltharian) +50%, and two of the following: Art, Boating, Craft (any), Shiphandling, Survival,
Starting Professions
Animal Training, Blacksmith, Champion, Craftsmen (any), Fisherman, Hunter, Noble, Merchant, Physician, Sailor, Warrior, Woodsman,
Starting Money
4D6 x100 Silver Shillings

New Professions

Agitator
Common Skill Bonuses
Athletics +5%, Stealth +5%, Perception +5%, Influence +10%, Persistence +5% OR Unarmed +5%
Advanced Skills
Oratory, plus any one of Lore (History, Law or region), Language

Apprentice Wizard
Common Skill Bonuses
Persistence +20%, Perception +5%, Insight +5%
Advanced Skills
Language (Classical)
Magic
Common Magic

Bailiff
Common Skill Bonuses
Perception +5%, Ride +5%, Influence +5%, Persistence +5%
Advanced Skills
Lore (Law), Oratory, Courtesy OR Lore (arithmetic)

Barber-Surgeon
Common Skill Bonuses
Drive OR Swim +5%,Influence +5%, First Aid +10%,Resilience +10%
Advanced Skills
Healing, any one of Commerce, Language, Lore (Apothecary)

Bounty Hunter
Common Skill Bonuses
Stealth +5%, Perception +5%, Crossbow +10%, Net +10%
Advanced Skills
Track, Survival

Coachman
Common Skill Bonuses
Drive +10%, First Aid OR Ride +5%, Perception +10%, Firearms +5%, Lore (regional) +10%
Advanced Skills
Choose one: Craft (Carpentry), Commerce, Language

Duellist
Common Skill Bonuses
+10% Evade, +5% Influence, +5% Sleight, +10% Rapier & Dagger, +10% Duelling Pistol
Advanced Skills
Acrobatics

Engineer
Common Skill Bonuses
Drive OR Ride +5%, Perception +5%, Firearms +10%
Advanced Skills
Engineering, Mechanisms, any one of Craft (Gunsmith), Culture (Dwarven or Tilea), Language (Khazalid or Tilean), Lore (Science)

Pit Fighter
Common Skill Bonuses
Choose any two Combat styles at +15%, Resilience +10%, Brawn OR Persistence +10%

Rat Catcher
Common Skill Bonuses
Resilience +20%, Sling +10%, Stealth +5%, Perception +5%
Advanced Skills
Mechanisms

Roadwarden
Common Skill Bonuses
Insight +10%, Ride +15%, Perception +10%, One combat style at +10%, Lore (region) +5%

Troll/Giant/Daemon Slayer
Common Skill Bonuses
Resilience +15%, choose one of 2H Axe, 2H Flail, Pair of Axes +15%, Unarmed +10%, Brawn +5%, Persistence +5%

Standard characters may be Troll Slayers. Seasoned or Veteran characters may be Giant Slayers. Master or Hero characters may be Daemon Slayers.

Wardancer
Common Skill Bonuses
Athletics +15%, Persistence +10%, Any one cultural combat style at +15%
Advanced Skills
Acrobatics

Watchman
Common Skill Bonuses
Perception +10%, Insight 5%, One Combat Style at +10%, Unarmed OR Persistence +5%
Advanced Skills
Lore (Law), Track

Some other suggested Professions :)

Artist
Skills: Art (any) +20, Evaluate +10, Influence +10
One further skill chosen from; Courtesy, Craft (any), Healing, Language, Lore (any) or Oratory,

CourtesanSkills: Art (any) +5 or Lore (any) +5, Evaluate +5, Influence +10, Seduction +15,
One further skill chosen from; Courtesy, Craft (any), Healing, Language, Lore (any) or Oratory,

Engineer
Skills: Engineering (pick a speciality) +10, Evaluate +10, Lore (Technical Speciality), Resilience +5, one Combat Style +5
Choose one further skill from: Lore (Geometry), Lore (Mathematics), Lore (Physics), Mechanisms,

Da Boss said:
re Elves
In warhammer, even elven lords are capped at T3, which suggest they have a way lower maximum constitution/size than other races.

I suggest giving them the following stats:
High Elves:
STR: 3d6 (11) - Elves in warhammer are just as strong as humans.
CON: 2D6+3 (10) - The average elf in warhammer is just as tough as the average human, but humans have a much higher upper limit.
SIZ: 2D6+4 (11) - Elves might be tall, but they are also thin and fragile.
INT: 3D6+4 (15) - High elves are more intelligent than their lesser brethren.
POW: 3D6+3 (14) - High elves are better magicians than everyone else.
DEX: 3D6+4 (15) - Elves are dextrous.
CHA: 2D6+2 (9) - While Charismatic, High elves aren't prone to letting lesser races learn from them, they are aloof so they won't likely take suggestions on how to increase their skills from others.

Wood Elves (shouldn't normally be a player race if using pre-8th edition fluff):
Str 3d6 (11) - Like humans.
CON: 2D6+3 (10) - The average elf in warhammer is just as tough as the average human, but humans have a much higher upper limit.
SIZ: 2D6+4 (11) - Wood Elves are smaller than their high cousins, but they are a tad more stoutly built.
INT: 3D6+2 (13) - Wood Elves aren't prone to academic knowledge.
POW: 2D6+6 (13) - Wood elves have a very natural connection to the spirit world, and such all of them seem connected. However, their upper limits are lower than the high elves academical grasp.
DEX: 3D6+5 (16) - Elves are dextrous, wood elves more so than high elves if initiative is the measurement to go from.
CHA: 2D6+2 (9) - Wood elves live secluded lives.

City Elves:
(WFRP 2nd edition have Imperial Elves that live in the empire alongside humans):
Str 3d6 (11) - Like humans.
CON: 2D6+3 (10)
SIZ: 2D6+3 (10) - Smaller than High Elves, less stout than wood elves.
Int: 2d6+7 (14) - Better capability than humans
Pow: 3d6+1 (12) - Just slightly better than the humans they live among, the city elves have lost most of their ancient magical connections.
Dex: 3d6+4 (15) - Yeah, they are still dextrous.
Cha: 2d6+5 (12) - City elves are much better at learning from their surroundings and their colleagues in arm than their cousins.

The problem here is that this makes them "mostly better" than humans. While some groups wont have problems with this, it seems silly IMO. Humans should have their points as well. Which is why I'm toying with giving humans +6 charisma in settings where other fantasy races are common. This represents the fact that humans learn quickly from their mistake, and that other races hold few(er) prejudices against them.

---

Apart from that:
The wizard only using common magic?
Warhammer magic is hellishly deadly. And it is it hellishly often. I'd much suggest using sorcery instead. Since it much better captures the academic feel, and the many variables that a wizard can change.
I mean, sure hedge wizards and witches would be using common magic. But a wizard lord from the college of light should be using sorcery.

---
Gnomes? In warhammer? I don't remember ever seeing his stats, or reading about one in any of the editions I've played.

---
Halflings should probably not be penalized on their strength too much. They are already penalized on their Size so they wont be as powerful in combat, penalizing their strength as well make halfling slingers and bowmen completely irrellevant. Which they aren't in the warhammer world.
I suggest these stats instead:
STR: 3D6 (11) - Their lesser strength is already included in the fact with lower size they'll deal less damage. Pound for Pound a halfling is still as good a fighter as a human.
CON: 2D6+8 (15) - Yeah Halfling are quite hardy.
SIZ: 2D6 (7) - Actually there are reports of quite big halflings once in a while.
INT: 2D6+6 (13) - Sure the same as humans seem fine.
POW: 3D6+6 (17) - Halflings are very resilient to magic, almost never give up, and are pretty much built to resist chaos. On the other hand they can't learn magic.
DEX: 2D6+9 (16) - Yeah they are pretty dextrous.
CHA: 3D6 (11) - Sure same as humans.
Movement: 8 metres - Halflings have the same movement as humans in all editions of warhammer.
Traits: Night Sight, Immunity to Chaos (can't be mutated, can't learn magic, can't be affected by chaos spells), Natural Born Slingers/Bowmen (halflings with slings count their damage bonus as 1 higher than it really is when using those weapons).

Mixster said:
The problem here is that this makes them "mostly better" than humans. While some groups wont have problems with this, it seems silly IMO. Humans should have their points as well. Which is why I'm toying with giving humans +6 charisma in settings where other fantasy races are common. This represents the fact that humans learn quickly from their mistake, and that other races hold few(er) prejudices against them.
Well, exactly. Elves ought to be 'mechanically' superior to humans. But if they're adventuring in the Empire, they should be facing accusations of everything from curdling milk to stealing babies. At every turn. This doesn't mean that humans should get +6 Charisma. Humans aren't especially charming in the Warhammer world. It means using appropriate percentile modifiers to inter-racial and inter-cultural social skill tests. And roleplaying the rest. Sure, you're playing a character who can dodge out of the way of everything and hit a bullseye in a gale, but can you get a bed in an inn?

Mixster said:
Gnomes? In warhammer? I don't remember ever seeing his stats, or reading about one in any of the editions I've played.
Well, they're absolutely are in WFRP1e, even as player characters in one of the supplements (Apocrypha Now? The Companion?). Even if you think 2e has a better ruleset, 1e has the better atmosphere, so if I were to abandon the rules and keep the setting, I'd be taking it from my 1e books.

Back