Walsall Tournament

I think Digger and Hiff did quite well at the last tourneys - seem to recall they were playing the Great Republic as well........... :shock: :wink:

The Great Republic did not do so well over here on the 8th.

The Narn saw who the other reaces were and decided just not to even show up. Good move on my part!

Burger said:
I thought the 2nd round was decided by Swiss system?
Or are we just assuming that Digger and Hiff will be the bottom 2 after the first round? :lol:

If their scores are so far apart after round one, we'll have to get an agreement from the two players in question...

well, I think you can see Digger is up for it, and I certainly am :) Always like a match against a new opponent, unless I am very much mistaken I have never played Digger.

Burger said:
I thought the 2nd round was decided by Swiss system?
Or are we just assuming that Digger and Hiff will be the bottom 2 after the first round? :lol:

If I was there I could almost guarantee to be at the bottom of the table.

LBH

Well if you do turn up LBH, you will have no problems with people queuing up to beat you. . . . . . . at ACTA! :D

I can confirm I have never played against Hiff at a Tourney - Bring it on!

Hi chaps!

As time is going to be at a premium, I thought it would be a good idea if everyone could PM their choices of fleets... not the specifics, just the race.
This is, obviously, more important for the 1st game than the others, then I can have the match-ups for game 1 sorted before I even get there.
I want to try to avoid any "civil war" situations, and this would help :D

Digger, obviously your exempt from this for game 1, as I don't want to be seen as taking an unfair advantage - not that I'd need it :twisted: :p :twisted:

Hmm not sure I like the idea of matching players based on race. Even if you try your best to make them fair matches such as avoiding Shadows vs Drazi, there will surely still be some unbalanced match-ups.

Unless you're still going to randomize it, and only re-roll civil wars?

Well, ISA civil war just doesn't seem right. ;) On the other hand, I've had some very enjoyable games with Earth civil war.

Maybe allow players to declare two fleets, then choose which one they're using based on what race the opponent is using. This is obviously ripe for exploitation, but since pretty well everyone is more interested in an enjoyable game than a cheesy win, it should prevent unbalanced matches. Even one player in a game can provide a choice, it should help.

In a historical game I might consider agreeing, but in a sci fi setting in a fictional world then anyone could fight anyone else should the writer have deemed it so.

My initial plan remains the same for the first round - to have people play someone they wouldn't normally... but if I pick for example, Alex to play against Richard and their both playing Centauri, I could instead pick Burger - who was playing, for the sake of argument, ISA...
If civil wars cannot be avoided to make sure everyone plays a "new" opponent, then that's what will happen.

I'll fill up before leaving, and this time I'll ignore Clanger in favour of the satnav after what happened when I tried it the other way around... :p

I had forgotten that I had arranged to go away with my girlfriend on this particular weekend, so I won't be coming.
:(
Sorry for the late notice. :oops:

Ahh, the first casualties of the tourney :(

So, the list now looks something like this:-

"Greg's Crew" now minus Greg! :shock:
Kennyboy
Charles
Paul
Alex
Ben
From the Sentient Rabbits...
Neil
Burger
Digger
Jim
The talented lone wolves...
Triggy - hopeful
Hiffano
Sneaky Chris
And the "Home Team" unfortunately, now missing Funbeast :cry: ...
Richard
Andy
Shane
Darren - probable
Dean - possible
Keith - possible

Still a respectable attendance, hope we don't lose too many more :?

Back