Wachowski Brothers to make Conan the Barbarian sequel?

The Wachowskis didn't have any sex-change operations and Ahnold is only 59.

A lot about this "news" seems bogus.

:wink:

Not sure about the first one :D

anyway, you're right about Ahnold. Anyway, it's cool to see some rumours about the Conan movie.

I know the Governator has been interested in doing more for quite a while, but at the very least we have to wait until he's out of office.

I think he's the perfect age to play King Conan. By Terminator 3 also, he's still got the pecs for it too...lol.

Sutek said:
I know the Governator has been interested in doing more for quite a while, but at the very least we have to wait until he's out of office.

I think he's the perfect age to play King Conan. By Terminator 3 also, he's still got the pecs for it too...lol.

im sorry but the pecs were all cgi, the man has aged a lot and so his body, i think if he ever does the third conan movie we will see him in a full plate all the time :p

This looks like a totally bogus news story. Arnold was born in 1947 and is only 58 years old. Add in the sex change reference and this looks like someone's idea of a joke. Hopefully some legitimate news will be appearing soon and from what CPI is saying the film will take place in the time between Conan's thief career and before he becomes King.

I'm excited about Red Nails too. They are supposedly considering a theatrical release. Looking at the screen shots on the Red Nails site, that would be very cool.

Can't wait for Red Nails!

And well, I don't think that we'll see Ahnold as Conan again, I think that if he participates it will be as a support character.

And well, I don't think that we'll see Ahnold as Conan again, I think that if he participates it will be as a support character.

I believe Arnie has stated a few times that he does want to revisit the Conan character. And playing King Conan would give him a chance to do that and end the character (either through death or total conquest).

And yeah, Red Nails is going to be friggin' amazing, I think. I'm really glad that they went with a more conventional animation rather than the over-used CGI type stuff that most 'animated' movies are done with these days. Reminds me of the old Conan cartoon, which I loved (even if it wasn't even close to accurate to the stories).

No Way, the combination of Wachowski-style filmaking and a Conan movie would be Catastrophic ! Indeed, mixing the Wachowski Genius with this arcane Conan story would ruin their fanbase. The Wachowki's are on the verge of being Prophetic in their cutting-edge style of filmmaking.

Matrix Trilogy --> VforVendetta --> then Conan ? Oh, Gosh that would really suck.

I say drop the steroid endorsing alpha male mentality of a movie that is Conan and keep making intelligent movies like the Matrix and VforVendetta.

Conan ?! LMAOF what a Joke.

PS

PSPS said:
No Way, the combination of Wachowski-style filmaking and a Conan movie would be Catastrophic ! Indeed, mixing the Wachowski Genius with this arcane Conan story would ruin their fanbase. The Wachowki's are on the verge of being Prophetic in their cutting-edge style of filmmaking.

Matrix Trilogy --> VforVendetta --> then Conan ? Oh, Gosh that would really suck.

I say drop the steroid endorsing alpha male mentality of a movie that is Conan and keep making intelligent movies like the Matrix and VforVendetta.

PS

hey - I'm laughing my ass off too - at you. Even today people say "matrix what?" and the fact that the Brothers made a good movie based off an Alan Moore graphic novel - whoa - stop me when the genius part comes up.

When the decades roll by no one will remember your lousy Matrix trilogy or even the Wack-off brothers - but there will still be Conan and Robert E. Howard. Better hope the Brothers can sponge off that legacy.

Thanks for the laugh - made my freaking day.

Well I had the chance today to buy all the MAtrix films and ANimatrix on 5 DVDs for £20 and decided not to. I already have the one god film and the few good animations, the second and third aren't worth the money.

LBH

Actually they kind of have a nice style in they movies...

Yes there are people that dislike the matrix just like there are people that dislike starwars, and once I even heard "Starwhat?" (almost unbelivable...)

Yes the 2nd and 3rd movies were not as great as the 1st, but then it was suposed to be only a second movie not a triology (my sources may be wrong), but still they were way better than starwars episode 1 and 2...

Actually the W. brothers are good directors... but definetly i would not belive in a conan movie made by them... were would they put the usual political message?

Well conan does need a movie that keeps real to the REH world, and the ones i saw were kind of distorced... IMHO

And arnie doesn´t strike me much as the perfect "Conan" personification...

It seem a little bit a bogus story, but then it would be fun to see conan in bullet time...

Strom said:
PSPS said:

PS

hey - I'm laughing my ass off too - at you. Even today people say "matrix what?" and the fact that the Brothers made a good movie based off an Alan Moore graphic novel - whoa - stop me when the genius part comes up.

When the decades roll by no one will remember your lousy Matrix trilogy or even the Wack-off brothers - but there will still be Conan and Robert E. Howard. Better hope the Brothers can sponge off that legacy.

Thanks for the laugh - made my freaking day.

Haw haw! You're right, Strom. The first Matrix was okay, then the following films descended into crap. Its funny how seriously people were taking those flicks at the time. The whole series has this ridiculous sense of self importance that I just don't get.

But you're right- talking about the Wachowki's brothers "genius" is ridiculous.

My fundamental problems with the concluding elements of the Matric trilogy are:

1) The plot didn't engage me, nice dialogue, semi decent fight sequences (barring some comments I shall make later)

2) The over use of CGI, now I understamnd that the 1000 agent Smith fight scene couldn't be donw with real stuff, but it looked fake and crap.

The 'Bullet Time' bit when Trinity is falling down the side of that office block or whatever it was, was 100% CGI bullet time, they wouldn't dared have do that in the first movie, it would have been proper bullet time of the actress with CGI backing doe by green screen.

The sound FX when Neo is clobbering a bunch of Agent Smiths. Why the pinstrike sound effect? I know it's WB but it ain't Looney Tunes!

CGI is a creep into our filmmaking that is killing the art of old fashioned analogue effects.

South Park: How much money did they have to spend to make it lok like they were still doing cheap crappy paper animation?

Star Wars :SE : The CGI X-wings don't look right, they look fake

Model shots look realer than CGI. You knnow why? Cos models *ARE REAL*!!!!

And i am dreading te new Superman movie. Having recently rewatched the otriginal Superman movie, I am still amazed by the quality of the visual effects wehn Superman is flying. Compare that to the obviously CGI webslinger in the Spidey films, and you have to wonder if we've actually progressed in the intervening two and a bit decades!

Digital may be funky and fresh and new, but it isn't always better.

LBH
Rant over, you may return to your homes! :lol:

They ruined the story by turning it into a regular sci-fi movie. The mysterious life of the Matrix, and the final revelation of what it was, is what I really liked about the movie. Same reason why I liked Six Sense.

Opps, did it again.

Conan needs new blood and made into a long 11 year series on the telly.

I'm not enchanted by the brothers two. I think Matrix is fun and interesting, nothing new outside the technology to make it. The rest of the films are not that good. Though I did enjoy the questions posed by the second film...they just went nowhere and ended up leading to a mecha battle and Christ metaphor. Now if they had delved into what it means to be of the machine, are the programs alive, and continued delving into what is reality...it may have been philosophically interesting...but I have no faith in the brotherly duo, no matter how many philosophers they get to rant and rave about their work. It became about the effects and merchandising. I don't think any of us want that for the Cimmerian?

Now someone makes this film, I hope it is sans AS. Let's just start over, go back to RE Howard (and maybe a little pastiche -- I do lie the smell of blasphemy in the morning.) Do a story of a 17 to 20 year old Conan, one briefly out of Cimmeria (don't even show it, let Conan represent it), and take us through an early adventure to the north meeting, new peoples and begin making his name throughout Hyboria. And let's be honest to him and Howard. Have a brutal, harsh, and coarse world and peoples.

Back