Vorlon/Shadow Names

EDFDarkAngel1 said:
It looks like we lost the names of the Shadow and Vorlon ships.

Can whoever posted there re-post those names?

Dark Angel

Fluffy, Precious, Fido, Sweety, or anything thing else you would name a pet rabbit, dog or cat. It instills terror. Or humiliation. Watching a Primus dubbed 'The Emperor's Blade' being ripped apart by a ship called 'Bun Bun' is just terrible.

Also,

Death, Dream, Destiny, Destruction, Desire, Despair and Delirium are excellent names

If the Shadows name for themselves is ten thousand characters long, what makes you think they name their ships? Nicknames, yeah, nicknames... only way to go.

I was wondering where that had gone! My original post was something like:

Vorlons:

Planet Killer:
So Much For Subtlety
Heavy Cruisers:
All Through With This Niceness and Negotiation Stuff
Frank Exchange Of Views

Light Cruisers:
Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
Very Little Gravitas Indeed
Zero Gravitas

Destroyers:
Ethics Gradient
Wisdom Like Silence
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Sychronise Your Dogmas

Transports:
Nervous Energy
Poke It With A Stick
Screw Loose
You'll Thank Me Later

Shadows:

Dreadnought/Ancient:
Boo!
Ships/Young/B*****c**bs :wink::
No More Mr Nice Guy
Killing Time
Inappropriate Response
Irregular Apocalypse

Scouts:
Little Rascal
Size Isn't Everything
Youthful Indiscretion
I Blame The Parents

All Shadow Fleets must have the name as

Battle Crab Demolition Fleet Alpha..

Like the HMS on Navy Ships all Shadow Ships must have the prefix of "Battle Crab......"

:D

Clanger said:
All Shadow Fleets must have the name as

Battle Crab Demolition Fleet Alpha..

Like the HMS on Navy Ships all Shadow Ships must have the prefix of "Battle Crab......"

Just to keep Bry happy? ;)

The Battle "Spiders" are not hairy like spiders so there for being hairless they are relegated to the status of Battle Crabs.

:lol: Happy to be a Heretic :lol:

You could compromise and call them horseshoe crabs. They're arachnids, they're not hairy, and they're still called crabs.

Battle Horseshoe Crab Stunted Super-ego?

The designation "Battle crab" appears to be in general use outside this forum.

Vorlon ships should be designated "Battle squid". This gives the Shadows and Vorlons the prefix codes "BC" and "BS" respectively.

As for individual ship names, Vorlons tend to be either enigmatic or brutal. So:
Falling Tree
Avalanche Of Pebbles
Who Are You Looking At, Pal

Shadows have living beings as their cores, so give them names picked from phone books, books of baby names, or entirely at random:
Fred
Anna
Billy-Bob

The Shadows' own name is 10,000 characters long and unpronouncable. If their ship names are similar, it would take you most of the day to write them on the data card, let alone check that you spelled them correctly. However, short versions of the names might work:
Aciuuyi
Dajbcp

AdrianH said:
The Shadows' own name is 10,000 characters long and unpronouncable. If their ship names are similar, it would take you most of the day to write them on the data card, let alone check that you spelled them correctly. However, short versions of the names might work:
Aciuuyi
Dajbcp
You forgot to not use any vowels ;)

I usually go with <Adjective> <Noun> for my Vorlon ships. Dreaming Star, for example. I forget what I named the Heavy Cruiser, probably something like Ascendant Mystery.

I've used:

Instrument of Correction (revered Ancient)
Liberation through Destruction (newborn)
Power corrupts all (stalker)
Bringer of opportunity (stalker)
Blade of Night (scout)
Learning through Pain (scout)
Destruction through Deception (scout)
Mistress of Destiny (scout)
Eclipse (scout)
Swiftfire, Scout

Darzoni said:
I usually go with <Adjective> <Noun> for my Vorlon ships. Dreaming Star, for example. I forget what I named the Heavy Cruiser, probably something like Ascendant Mystery.

I don't know why, considering the are all Kosh

Alexb83 said:
Darzoni said:

I don't know why, considering the are all Kosh

The Vorlons are all Kosh. The ships are seperate entities. While still being an extension of the Vorlon. Maybe the ship didn't want to be named Kosh?

I wonder if Vorlon ships get pissy if you don't take them to get maintained frequently enough? What if it was cranky and just didn't want to go where you wanted to go? What if they found a super sexy looking transport and wouldn't stop following it around all day?

Back