Vorlon and Shadow stuff for the PCs

TheAntisocial

Mongoose
I've just started to transfer some B5 rules and concepts (telepaths) over to d20 Modern/Future and checked through this board for some Vorlon stuff from the books, which I know a certain player will want. Plus, some shadow stuff for the bad guys.

I was just wondering what books have what stuff - prestige classes mainly, but anything else would be useful - I have corebook + human + 2nd season.
I've heard things like shadowsouled and Vorlon agent prc.

Thanks.

IIRC, Shadowsouled is a minbari 'subrace' from the Minbari book.

The Vorlon agent PRC is either in the Season 4 or Season 5 books.

Sorry I can't be more specific just now, I'm on a deadline to get out tonight.

LBH

I think the episode is 'Comes the Inquisitor' (IIRC the title) in Season 3. With Mr. Sebastian (aka you know who) as the agent. :)

lastbesthope said:
You could be right KD, but I'm too tired to check. i need to rest cos I'm going paintballing tomorrow :D

LBH

I want to say I am about 95% sure about the episode and season. Mr. Sebastian was obviously the prime example of a Vorlon agent.

The Vorlon and Shadow Servants Prestige Classes are at the back of the Season 4 book "No Surrender, No Retreat"

Sebastian is in the penultimate Episode of Season 2 "Comes the Inquisitor", couldn't find any stats for him.

LBH

The thing with the First Ones is that they were right to some extent and wrong to some extent. This third time of the Galaxy represents the fact that ALL absolute ideas are probably wrong and a middle ground needs to be found. Sinclair/Valen understood that when he set up the Grey Council, unfortunately time and the nature of the way the mind works absolute ideals were found and acted on, wrong headed though they might be.

The Shadows, even though early on portrayed as the villains of the B5 'vers did in fact have half of the answer. There is no strength or progress in complacency. They were against stagnation and eventual dissolution. Hate them if you like but they were right in that. But a moribund slavery to order was the wrong choice as well and that is what the Vorlons were all about.

The races of the galaxy found a middle path with thanks to Lorien and the ISA and chose a mixture of order and chaos to try and create a thriving universe.

Not a bad move in my opinion.

The upcomnig Darkness and Light book has everything folks could possibly want regarding vorlons and shadows... as well as a new respect for both sides :wink:

Neo said:
The upcomnig Darkness and Light book has everything folks could possibly want regarding vorlons and shadows... as well as a new respect for both sides :wink:

I can't respect anything with shoulderpads that size :lol:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
I can't respect anything with shoulderpads that size :lol:

LBH

If it can shred my mind with a thought, withstand a PPG barrage with no damage and has some very big planet killers around for when things get "serious" - it get's my respect no matter how big the shoulder pads are!! :lol:

DW

My thought is, if the Vorlon are so powerful, why do they need such big shoulder pads? Is that their version of the necktie? If so, we should adopt that as well. Xathras would agree.

The costume was a disguise to keep people in the dark about their true form, and to prevent the exertion required for mass telepathic suggestion, as in "The Fall of Night"

LBH

Back