VaS Smoke questions with official answers from Mongoose

Court Jester

Mongoose
Firstly in case there was any doubt, the correct way of laying down the smoke marker is:

USNaircraft-014.jpg

question said:
When you place smoke do you place it at the start of the ships move and then move the ship away leaving the smoke behind or do you place the smoke with the ship at the end of its move (the smoke having moved with the ship...)?

answer said:
At the end of the ships move

We had it placed at the start, but did wonder whether it trailed to the end position giving some inches of smoke.

This now clears that up

Court Jester said:
Firstly in case there was any doubt, the correct way of laying down the smoke marker is:

USNaircraft-014.jpg

question said:
When you place smoke do you place it at the start of the ships move and then move the ship away leaving the smoke behind or do you place the smoke with the ship at the end of its move (the smoke having moved with the ship...)?

answer said:
At the end of the ships move

When you say 'the correct way' how do you know it is the correct way, is it official somewhere like FAQ?

My reading of the rules is that smoke starts before you move and extents from your starting position right the way to your end position giving you up to eight inch's of smoke.

This combined with Radar (if your opponent hasn't got Radar) if pretty well invincible!

Maybe a ship should only be able to make smoke every other turn!

Roland

Roland at the event at Mongoose we placed the template at the start of the move and it moved with the ship so the final area covered was a single template. No one indicated that this was incorrect.

Tony

Swiss Tony said:
Roland at the event at Mongoose we placed the template at the start of the move and it moved with the ship so the final area covered was a single template. No one indicated that this was incorrect.

Tony

Will have to re-read the rules when I get to the shop!

Roland

hyndridge said:
Swiss Tony said:

Tony

Will have to re-read the rules when I get to the shop!

Roland

I got my answers directly from Matt... I even emailed him two pictures of how smoake was layed out... this was the correct picture. And he also answered where smoke was layed down as per my question.

[/quote]

I got my answers directly from Matt... I even emailed him two pictures of how smoake was layed out... this was the correct picture. And he also answered where smoke was layed down as per my question.[/quote]

Sorry dont know who Matt is, i'm knew to Mongoose games.

Is he the games designer?

If so and he is answering questions by e-mail it would be a good idea to share these clarifications in some sort of thread on the VaS forum.

Maybe there is such a thread (i've not found it), i,ve only just found 'The Rulesmasters' forum today!

Roland

Back