VAS newbie

mwig5

Mongoose
Hi everyone,

I have just got the rulebook and after my first read have decided to build a Royal Navy Fleet.

I have come up with the following 500pt Raid Fleet.

2 Norfolk Class
1 Edinburgh class
2 York Class
3 Tribal Class

How does it look?

Thanks

Mark

Is this a question about the merits of that particular fleet, or a question about what to buy?

If its the latter, I think you will have a lot more fun with the game if you buy a variety of ships that allow you to play different sizes and types of engagements. This isn't a GW game where you try to buy only the leanest and most efficient army you can.

For example, the first thing I did was buy all the ships necessary to play the historical scenarios included in the book. Then I started buying extras according to what I thought was "cool" and what was available historically.

If its a question about that particular fleet (which I assume you mean 5 point and not 500), I sure one of the Royal Navy players on here can help you out. I have a fairly big RN fleet, but mainly use it for historicals/quasi-historicals.

That's exactly how I planned my purchases as well.. Scenarios (all the RN/KM ones), then rounding out the fleets (RN/KKM) a bit.

I think in the resources topic there's even a link to a list of all the navwar model equivalents for each scenario.

Back