update 20-05: A.D.Publishing 40% SALE!

To support the launch of the Back of Beyond book I have put some more pictures from the book on my website.

British_army_wholesm.jpg

British_army_sm.jpg

Field_Gun_2sm.jpg

Sikhs_Cover_sm.jpg

More here: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/back_of_beyond.html
or
http://www.wargamevault.com/product_info.php?products_id=82254&src=FrontPage

After the success of the Back of Beyond book, I am all psyched up for the next project.
The The German Walker Compendium II: Walküre!
DAK_Army_2.jpg

The Valkyrie model was always something special for me. It was the first GK miniature released by DP9, I loved the design and since than I am a fan...

The German Walker Compendium II: Walküre includes 14 Walküre variants; Ausführung A to H, the “Flak-Walküre” and “Sturmwalküre”, Ausführung E-2 to E-X and even the rare Alpenkämpfer and the Panzerbefehlskämpfer II; the book also provides new Traits, an AFV force list and an extended German armoury to add to your games of World at War: Gear Krieg.

PzKpf_V_Panzerbefehlskampfer_II.jpg

PzKpf V Panzerbefehlskämpfer II
In Service:1942
From August to November of 1942, 81 Ausführung B vehicles were modified to serve as command units. They were the same as the basic Ausführung B Walküre, though the top cupola was replaced by an extended hull armor lip along with additional radio equipment and a periscope.
Modeling Notes:Take the picture of the Panzerbefehlskämpfer shown as a guide. I builded a Walküre Ausführung C out of the blister. The included German Walker Commander looks suitable commanding, he fits the bill! Then add as much jerry cans, ammo boxes and stowage as you can fit around the cupola. Add huge radio aerials and you are done!

PzKpf_V_Ausfuhrung_E_Nebel.jpg

PzKpf V Ausführung E (DP9s Gear Krieg range)
In Service:1942
The Ausführung E was Ausführung B chassis with the arms and weapons removed to fit twin artillery rocket launchers. This variant was built in very small numbers.
Modeling Notes: Build a Walküre without the arms, and then add two rocket launchers from the Axis Weapon Pack (DP9-635) to each side of the torso. Just to spice it up you may also add Nebelwerfer from any of the existing 15mm ranges (Peter Pig, FoW as in the pic above)

See more on my website: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/german_wc_ii__walkure.html

more preview pics...
PzKpf_V_Panzerbefehlskampfer_II_scenic_sm.jpg

PzKpf_V_Ausfuhrung_E-X.jpg

PzKpf V E-X Walküre
In Service:1943
Like the Loki, the Walküre E chassis also served as a testbed for Bündellichtwerfer (laser) weaponry under the “X” designation, though it used 2cm Dual AA gun as backup instead of a Panzerfaust.
Modeling Notes: Build a Walküre without the arms, then add the Laser piece from the Axis Weapon Pack (DP9-635) and a twin anti-aircraft gun assembly from the AA Guns Pack (DP9-624) on the opposed side.

The Gear Krieg background features more then just cool walkers and some Infantry ideas. The setting is oozing with cool superscience ideas. One of the most interesting concept for me are the super science tanks.

Tiger (P) EXS

The Tiger was the first vehicle equipped with guided missile systems. Two Tiger (P) prototypes were send to Africa in late 1942. One featured the R-104 Lenkrakete. The so called Tiger (P) EXS was deployed alongside a conventional (P) Tiger and a Panzer III L.
Tiger__P__EXSgroup.jpg

The Luftwaffe had been extensively involved in developing guided weapons to be used in precision bombing. Radio and later wire guided methods had be researched and deployed by the late 30's. With the encounters of heavy armour in Russia a desperate need for an effective and accurate anti-tank system was created. Coupling the advances in rocketry and guiding systems, it became feasible to mount a guided rocket system on a vehicle-sized platform.
Tiger__P__EXS_turret.jpg

The first to do this was the Tiger EXS, its spacious turret providing the necessary room to mount the bulky guidance equipment. From there, further refinement allowed a infantry portable system to be produced. The R-104 needed a crew of three to operate and could be either wire or radio controlled. Fired from emplaced positions, they proved highly effective against enemy armour. The first walker mounted guided rocket was the R-92 Lenkrakete.
Tiger__P__EXS.jpg

The above conversion is based on the wonderful Flames of War Tiger (P) kit. I used some GZG SF pieces to mount the rocket. The crude Radar dish is also from GZG, while the rocket itself is from Old Crow. I also added a Peter Pig crewman and some jerrycans.

more here: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/experimental_tanks.html

The German Walker Compendium II: Walküre your comprehensive guide to using the German Walküre superscience walker in Battlefield Evolution World at War: Gear Krieg.
GWC_II_Cover_500_high.jpg

The German Walker Compendium II: Walküre takes a detailed look at the many types of this superscience walker for your German forces from all theatres and periods of World War II! Each vehicle is detailed with background information, factory variants, field modifications and a modelling guide.

PzKpf_V_Ausfuhrung_E_Nebel_2.jpg

Included are 14 Walküre variants; Ausführung A to H, the "Flak-Walküre" and "Sturmwalküre", Ausführung E-2 to E-X and even the rare Alpenkämpfer and the Panzerbefehlskämpfer II; the book also provides new Traits, an AFV force list and an extended German armoury to add to your games of World at War: Gear Krieg.
All units in this book are designed by the same principles as the existing vehicles in the Battlefield Evolution: World at War rulebook and Battlefield Evolution: Pacific War Supplement also written by Agis Neugebauer.

This book requires the use of Battlefield Evolution: World at War, available from Mongoose Publishing.

You can download the book via the Wargames Vault: http://www.wargamevault.com/product_info.php?products_id=83003

I started this conversion project months ago.
The E-Series is just crying to be used as backdrops for my Gear Krieg walkers.
The models were converted within 1 weekend, but after that priming and painting took ages.
I always had some other more pressing models on the table.

Anyway - here they are: E-50 and E-75:
E-50_und_E-75.jpg

with two Gear Krieg walkers:
GK_und_E-Serie.jpg

E-50
E-50_with_IR_MG.jpg

E-50 out in the woods
E-50_scenic.jpg

E-75 Tiger III
E-75_4sites.jpg

E-75 in natural habitat...
E-75_scenic.jpg

Full story, more pics, conversion guide, what models used; all here:
http://www.adpublishing.de/html/experimental_tanks.html

Gear Krieg is much more than just cool walkers and superscience tanks.
Today I want to introduce the Küchenschabe (cockroach) robotic demolition units!

Debuting with the assault on the Maginot Line, Robotic Demolition units proved an ideal tool for destroying heavy fortifications safely. Attached to assaulting Pioneer units as specialized auxiliaries, they proved so effective that further development and reorganization was ordered by O.K.H.
15mm_GK_Kuchenschabe_03.jpg

German Küchenschabe Team; MG turret by DP9, Spider legs by GZG, Infantry by Peter Pig

Expanded into fully independent formations by 1941, they were used extensively in the opening phase of operation Barbarossa. These engagements saw the first deployment of a new vehicle sized remote drone designated the “Borgward”. About the size of a small car, this tracked vehicle carried a 500kg demolition charge, and was remotely controlled from a modified Pz II tank by either wire or radio control.
15mm_GK_Goliath.jpg

German Borgward/ Goliath Team; Infantry and Maus by Peter Pig

As the conflict continued, further development of both the Kuechenschabe (cockroach) and Borgward was undertaken. This development led to vast improvements in the design, with the 1943 Kuechenschabe being far more sophisticated than the primitive machines used against the Maginot line. It was modified to carry a bewildering array of weapons into battle, from chemical sprayers to flamethrowers and machine guns.

15mm_GK_Kuchenschabe_02.jpg

German Küchenschabe Team; MG turret by DP9, Spider legs by GZG, Infantry and Maus by Peter Pig

The Borgward was modified to carry larger weapon systems, such as anti-tank lasers and rocket systems. Additionally, the sensor and control systems were vastly improved, allowing the vehicles to be utilized at night, negotiate broken terrain and even right themselves after a fall.

28mm_Kuchenschabe_Team_scenic.jpg

German Küchenschabe Team; Controller by Westwind, Spider legs and body by GZG, Mad Scientist by Artizan

28mm_Kuchenschabe_Team.jpg

The models are from GZGs 15mm SF line, while the controller is a Zombie Controller from Westwinds SotR range.

More on my website: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/ww2.html and
http://www.adpublishing.de/html/gear_krieg_axis.html

Hi again,

this week another cool Gear Krieg tank conversion.
The tanks are all from the FoW Mid war Monster Churchill 3" Gun Carrier boxed set. Some additional stowage and gas tanks are from Skytrex.
The huge Tesla Gun on the Tesla Churchill is of course from DP9, the additional ventilation panels are from GZGs 15mm SF building fittings.

So here you go:
Churchill_3In_Gun_Carrier_3sm.jpg

After encountering the German Tiger tanks in North Africa it was becoming obvious that additional measures had to be taken against these heavily armored giants.
Churchill_Gun_Carrier_Sc2sm.jpg

Churchill 3” Gun Carrier Platoons were issued one special tank per Platoon: the Tesla Gun Carrier A22D-T. It was planned to cripple German tanks with the haywire effect of the Tesla gun while the other Gun Carriers moved in for the kill.
Churchill_Tesla_Gun_Carrier_1sm.jpg

The Tesla tank variant featured a fully insulated hull to protect the crew against the Tesla gun effects. That enabled British engineers also to mount a highly experimental Electric Close Area Defence System near the rear of the tank. The insulation however proved to be even more demanding in the hot desert climate on tank crews than normal tank hulls. In addition the air inside the A22D-T was highly electrostatic charged which resulted in a very stressful combat environment and also frequent equipment breakdown.
Churchill_Gun_Carrier_Sc1sm.jpg

A huge ventilation system was installed on the roof of the hull to counter the effects of the insulated hull and the static energy buildup. The commander’s cupola was moved to the front of the vehicle to make space for the ventilation system. The British Tesla Gun was designed after the French Tesla guns and was roughly the equivalent of the Soviet Tesla 43 gun.
Churchill_Tesla_Gun_Carrier_2sm.jpg

After all these changes the Tesla Churchill was in fact quite comfortable to ride. Churchill 3” Gun Carrier Platoons that worked together with their Tesla brethren were feared opponents for all German tanks.

More pics here: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/experimental_tanks.html

A new project...

15mm_Folgore_001.jpg

Folgore Paracadutisti squad - by Eureka

15mm_Folgore_Gun_001.jpg

Folgore Paracadutisti 47/32 Anti Tank Gun Team - by Eureka, gun by Skytrex

Carro_Commando_M41_001.jpg

Carro Commando M41 - by Battlefront FoW

15mm_Folgore_scenic_002.jpg

The Eureka Folgore are just incredible good. IMO some of the best 15mm minis around.

More as usual on my site:
http://www.adpublishing.de/html/15mm_italian.html

BTW: I have also updated my A.D.Publishing release schedule:
http://www.adpublishing.de/html/a_d__publishing.html

So the next book is about the E-Series tanks, after hat some more Gear Krieg stuff...

The following 4 books are approved by Mongoose under the Logo License, all the books also mentioned on my website are planned but will be approved on a case by case basis.

Panzer Prototypes (E-Series) - written, in review and layout
US Longstreet Walker Compendium - Written
German Thor/Donner Walker Compendium - Written
German Uller Walker Compendium - Partly written

E-15 tank Prototype

My next book is about the German E-Series tanks.
One tank that will be feature in addition to the established ones is the E-15.
E-15_1sm.jpg

Tank by World at Arms (resin hull with Aluminium barrel); crewman by AB

There are no plans known for the E-15. I included this vehicle based on the fantastic World at Arms model shown. It would be a shame to have such a 1/72 scale beauty and no rules to play with!
http://www.worldatarms.net/

Extrapolated Background: The E-15 was a further development of the E-10. The maintenance of the hydraulic suspension system was causing permanent trouble on the battlefield. The unique feature was in a way countering the overall design goals of the E Series – standardisation, maximum interchangeability of parts and ease of maintenance and service. Its overall performance simply did not justify the parts and time needed to maintain the system. Therefore the E-15 did not feature hydraulic suspension.
At the same time the need for a bigger gun became also more and more evident. Especially on the Eastern Front the IS-III was causing a lot of trouble for E-10s. It was decided that the 8.8cm L56 anti-tank gun was to be fitted into the E-10 hull. To accomplish this the hull has to be slightly increased in height, width and length. A superstructure and a modified commander’s cupola was added.
In addition the front and side armour was also improved. This resulted in higher field survivability but also in a reduced top speed.
The weight increased to 20 tonnes, the E-15 designation was kept anyway to avoid any confusion with the E-25 tanks.

Another preview pic of my next book "Panzer Prototypes".
E-50 by Cromwell, Crewman by AB.
E-50_side_2.jpg

and a page sample:
E-10_preview_pages.JPG

Another preview pic...

PzKpfw E-100 Kampfwagenvernichter Krokodil - Superheavy Tankdestroyer
Krokodil_2.jpg

The Kampfwagenvernichter Krokodil was a superheavy tank destroyer based on the E-100 chassis. The turretless 120 t design was similar to a tank hunter or an assault gun. It was difficult to manoeuvre but once it reached a solid tactical position it could dominate any battlefield.
Krokodil_Group.jpg

The Krokodil featured a 17.5cm KwK 44 anti-tank gun that could engage any armoured fighting vehicle it encountered at incredible ranges. To defend against enemy aircraft and infantry attacks it featured a turret mounted 2cm Allziel MK (all target machine cannon).
Krokodil_1.jpg

More info here: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/panzer_prototypes.html

PP_Cover_500_high.jpg

World at War: Panzer Prototypes is your comprehensive guide to using the planned tanks of the Entwicklungsserie - E-Series - Armoured Fighting Vehicles in Battlefield Evolution: World at War.

Each unit and vehicle is detailed with extensive background information, weapon load outs and pictures.
PP_PreviewP_2-3.jpg

Included are the E-10, E-15, E-25, E-25 StuH, E-50, E-50 AA variant, E-75, E-100, E-100 Ausf. B, E-100 AA variant and E-100 Krokodil tank destroyer tanks.

The book also provides new or modified traits necessary to play with the units of this book, modified Advanced Rules to enhance your games even further and an AFV force list.

All units in this book are designed by the same principles as the existing vehicles in the Battlefield Evolution: World at War rulebook and Battlefield Evolution: Pacific War Supplement also written by Agis Neugebauer.

This book requires the use of Battlefield Evolution: World at War, available from Mongoose Publishing.
More info: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/panzer_prototypes.html

You can download the book via the Wargame Vault here->
http://www.wargamevault.com/product_info.php?products_id=85044

Found it - Swedish Stridsvagn 103 (S-Tank). I remembered seeing it about 20 years ago for tank recognition traning.

strv_103c.jpg

Back