update 20-05: A.D.Publishing 40% SALE!

Agis

Mongoose
Soon Mongoose will have their Logo License for Battlefield Evolution products completed, I thought it would be a nice idea to give you an overview what is in the pipeline from me.

The 1st book to be published under the Logo License is the:
World at War: German Vehicle Compendium.
GVC_Cover.jpg

(Draft of the GVC cover)

The book - a pdf only version - is your comprehensive guide to using German Armoured Fighting Vehicles in Battlefield Evolution: World at War.

You will get a full colour version with many high quality pictures of fully painted models in 1/72 and 28mm scale. In addition a text only printer friendly version is also included.

The book provides new Traits (like Double Suppression, Recon, Stabilized guns, Unreliable vehicles and Zimmerit), an AFV force list, options to use captured equipment and an extended German armoury to add to your games of World at War.
fan.jpg

All vehicles in this book are consistent with existing vehicles in the Battlefield Evolution: World at War rulebook also written by me. The layout is very nicely done by Dave Robotham (aka Courtjester).

And – the beef of the book – stats for almost every German WW II vehicle:
FLAKPANZER 38T MEDIUM ANTI AIRCRAFT TANK
MOEBELWAGEN MEDIUM ANTI AIRCRAFT TANK
OSTWIND MEDIUM ANTI AIRCRAFT TANK
SDKFZ 6/2 ANTI AIRCRAFT HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 7/1 ANTI AIRCRAFT HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 7/2 ANTI AIRCRAFT HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 251/17 2CM AA HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 251/21 2CM TRIAD AA HALFTRACK
WIRBELWIND MEDIUM ANTI AIRCRAFT TANK

SDKFZ 221 PANZERSPAEHWAGEN
SDKFZ 222 PANZERSPAEHWAGEN
SDKFZ 231/232 8 RAD PANZERSPAEHWAGEN
SDKFZ 233 8 RAD PANZERSPAEHWAGEN
SDKFZ 234/1 8 RAD PANZERSPAEHWAGEN
SDKFZ 234/2 8 RAD PANZERSPAEHWAGEN PUMA
SDKFZ 234/3 8 RAD PANZERSPAEHWAGEN
SDKFZ 234/4 8 RAD PANZERSPAEHWAGEN

GRILLE SUPPORT GUN
HUMMEL
STURMGESCHUETZ STUG III AUSFUEHRUNG A ASSAULT GUN
STURMGESCHUETZ STUG III AUSFUEHRUNG B/C/D/E ASSAULT GUN
STURMGESCHUETZ STUG III AUSFUEHRUNG F ASSAULT GUN
STURMGESCHUETZ STUG III AUSFUEHRUNG G ASSAULT GUN
STURMGESCHUETZ STUG IV ASSAULT GUN
STURMHAUBITZE STUH 42 SUPPORT GUN
STURMPANZER IV BRUMMBAER
WESPE

SDKFZ 250/7 NEU MORTAR HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 250/8 NEU 'STUMMEL' HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 250/9 NEU HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 251/9 STUMMEL HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 251/13-15; 251/18 ARTILLERY SPOTTING HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 251/16 FLAMETHROWER HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 251/22 AT GUN HALFTRACK

PANZER 35T TANK
PANZER 38T TANK
PANZER 38T TANK UP ARMOURED
PZKPFW I AUSFUEHRUNG A/B TANK
PZKPFW I AUSFUEHRUNG C TANK
PZKPFW II AUSFUEHRUNG A/B/C TANK
PZKPFW II AUSFUEHRUNG D/E/F TANK
PZKPFW II FLAMMPANZER „FLAMINGO“ FLAMETHROWER TANK
PZKPFW II AUSFUEHRUNG L TANK
PZKPFW III AUSFUEHRUNG A/B/C TANK
PZKPFW III AUSFUEHRUNG E/F/G TANK
PZKPFW III AUSFUEHRUNG H TANK
PZKPFW III AUSFUEHRUNG J TANK
PZKPFW III AUSFUEHRUNG L/M TANK
PZKPFW III AUSFUEHRUNG N TANK
PZKPFW IV AUSFUEHRUNG A TANK
PPZKPFW IV AUSFUEHRUNG B/C TANK
PZKPFW IV AUSFUEHRUNG D TANK
PZKPFW IV AUSFUEHRUNG F TANK
PZKPFW IV AUSFUEHRUNG F2 TANK
PZKPFW IV AUSFUEHRUNG G TANK
PZKMPF IV AUSFUEHRUNG H TANK
PZKPFW V PANTHER AUSFUEHRUNG A/D/G TANK
PZKPFW VI TIGER I AUSFUEHRUNG E TANK
PZKPFW VI TIGER II KOENIGSTIGER TANK
PZKPFW VIII MAUS SUPERHEAVY TANK

ELEFANT (FERDINAND) TANKDESTROYER
JAGDPANZER 38 HETZER TANKDESTROYER
JAGDPANZER IV /48 TANKDESTROYER
JAGDPANZER IV /70 TANKDESTROYER
JAGDPANZER V JAGDPANTHER TANKDESTROYER
JAGDTIGER TANKDESTROYER
MARDER I TANKDESTROYER
MARDER II TANKDESTROYER
MARDER III AUSFUEHRUNG H TANKDESTROYER
MARDER III AUSFUEHRUNG M TANKDESTROYER
NASHORN TANKDESTROYER
PANZERJAEGER I TANKHUNTER

HEAVY TRUCK
KUEBELWAGEN
LIGHT TRUCK
MEDIUM TRUCK
SDKFZ 6 MEDIUM HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 7 HEAVY HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 10 LIGHT HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 250/1 HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 251/1 HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 251/7 PIONIER HALFTRACK
SDKFZ 251/10 HALFTRACK

All in all over 80 vehicles are covered and many options are provided to create additional variants. Just check the Sherman article in Signs and Portents 62 to get a feeling.
The deal will also include all the unit cards to field these vehicles conveniently on the tabletop. Dave even came up with the cool idea to provide upgrade cards.

Hot on the heels of the German book is the Soviet Vehicle Compendium. It is already 100% written, reviewed and tested. Some more model pictures have to be taken and the layout and unit cards have to be done. Depending on the success of these two initial releases the British and US Vehicle Compendium will follow soon. These are written and reviewed but otherwise on hold.

I will keep you informed as soon as the Logo License is finalised and the book is ready to be downloaded at the Wargames Vault.

I will also post some preview pages soon.

That looks great. I can't wait to play me some Barbarossa, Stalingrad and Kursk.

Are there any historical notes on when/where the vehicles were deployed, or do you leave that to the readers/players to work out for themselves?

SgtHulka said:
Are there any historical notes on when/where the vehicles were deployed, or do you leave that to the readers/players to work out for themselves?

Damn forgot that info... :oops:

Quote from the book:
"The vehicles in this book are divided into chapters based around their combat role. I did not separate them by Early, Mid and Late War periods. World at War defines these periods as follows.
• Early War: From the outbreak of the war to the end of 1941.
• Mid War: 1942 to the end of 1943.
• Late War: 1944 to the end of World War II.
These arbitrary separations also help to balance the playability of army lists. It is strongly encouraged to only play within the same period.
All these separations are only meant as guidelines, nobody is going to stop you to field a German Königstiger vs. an early war British army (as long as your gaming buddies are approving this) – it is your game after all.
The unit descriptions now have a different layout. To help you to play historically more accurate games I have provide an “In Service” date (The year in which the vehicle came into service and thus when it is historical correct to be used) and the “Availability” for all units. I used the usual abbre-viations: Common – C, Uncommon – UC and rare – R. The Availability does not affect which vehicles can be taken, it is simply included to give you some more information and a “feel” which vehicle was commonly used or not.
Finally every unit's description now also notes the “Asset” type to make the selection for your army lists easier. ..."

Units will look like this:
Ostwind Medium Anti Aircraft Tank – 115 points
In Service: 1944 Availability: R Asset: Support
The Ostwind ("East Wind") was a successor to the earlier Flakpanzer Wirbelwind. Again the Panzer IV's turret was removed and replaced with an open-top, hexagonal turret which housed one 3.7 cm AA gun. In addition to its intended role as an anti-aircraft weapon, the fast-firing gun was highly effective against light vehicles and minor fortifications.
etc.

Hope that helps! :D

Hooorah! An extended armoury for me to peruse and abuse to my heart's content. Between this, the air assets release and age of dreadnoughts for victory at sea it's like all of my Christmasses at once. *Insert giddy childish giggle here*

Some more infos...
:wink:
Below are two sample pages that show the layout.
promo-intro-gvc.jpg

A typical vehicle page:
promo-panther-gvc.jpg

...and its corresponding unit card:
promo-panther-card.jpg

Dave even came up with the cool idea to provide upgrade cards.
promo-upgrade-card.jpg

All cards will be in standard trading cardsize, so you just have to fold them and put them into a common card protector - done!

Agis, I know why you suggest putting the cards into protectors...

To keep the drool off of them! :wink:

Those are very nice, and I think these will be fantastic books. Most books are when done by someone with true passion for the finished product. Kudos.

Shadow4ce said:
Agis, I know why you suggest putting the cards into protectors...
To keep the drool off of them! :wink:

Those are very nice, and I think these will be fantastic books. Most books are when done by someone with true passion for the finished product. Kudos.

I was really blown away when Dave showed me the 1st layout of the cards. To protect them from MY "awesome, awesome" drooling I even laminated them...
:wink: :wink:

Thanks Shadow4ce!

When and how are the compendiums going to be made available? I understand they are to be pdf format but are they going to be available through the main website, the forums or some other means and what will be the cost (assuming there is one)?

Oh, and once again, yay! :lol:

Arch Lector Petrovski said:
When and how are the compendiums going to be made available? I understand they are to be pdf format but are they going to be available through the main website, the forums or some other means and what will be the cost (assuming there is one)?

The books will be published under the Logo License (see:http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37681 ) as soon as the LL goes live.

We are planning an introduction offer: $ 11,99 for the whole package (full colour book PLUS the printer friendly B&W book PLUS all the unit cards).

The book will be available via the Wargame Vault.

rvrratt said:
What a deal! I will be awaiting the US Forces! I will be picking the German book for sure!

<Drool>

As said - it is an intro offer... :oops:
We may not be able to keep it this low forever. :roll:
But since it is the 1st book we bring out, we thought it would be a good idea to give the gamer a low price opportunity to check to quality of our supplements! :D

The intro worked! :wink:

I just hope you will make more! I will support all your projects as long as you keep supporting the game! There are not many authors out there that work so much with the players. It's a credit to the game for sure.

Definitley, can you imagine some of the other big gaming companies taking advice and constructive critisicm from the gamers, never mind actual talking with them and finding out what they want and how they (as a company) can improve the game and work in the gamers input.

Arch Lector Petrovski said:
Definitley, can you imagine some of the other big gaming companies taking advice and constructive critisicm from the gamers, never mind actual talking with them and finding out what they want and how they (as a company) can improve the game and work in the gamers input.

Well...

#1 - Mongoose isn't a BIG game company - in fact it is a bit smaller this year after the layoffs and product line cut backs

#2 Agis isn't part of Mongoose - while he had a hand in the initial WAW writing (much of it changed after Matt took the reigns of the game) - the upcoming projects are his own work submitted under the 'open liscnese'

#3 Be that as it may - I'm glad to see them coming out and stuff like the Exploding Goat products as well - good on Mongoose for allowing them

dsfrankevo said:
#2 Agis isn't part of Mongoose - while he had a hand in the initial WAW writing (much of it changed after Matt took the reigns of the game) - the upcoming projects are his own work submitted under the 'open liscnese'

#3 Be that as it may - I'm glad to see them coming out and stuff like the Exploding Goat products as well - good on Mongoose for allowing them

>1: A bit more then the initial writing: As a rule of thumb: rules=Matt; army lists=Agis :wink:

>2: Me too, IMO this will give the Evolution game a huge boost.

Rabidchild (who was BTW an enormous help in the Vehicle Compendiums) is also working on a nice addition to WaW.
I am really looking forward to all the cool ideas and products that will follow!

Back