Traveller's Aid Society

Porsche

Mongoose
Any plans by MP to re-release this stuff but updated for the new rules system?

Relatedly, how useable is the old material in the journals?

:D

If you are talking the Journals, some of it is in the Signs and Portents, but as a rule, almost all of traveller is useable with itself, esp JTAS amber zones and such.

Why would Mongoose need to re-release it? As it is all available from Far Future Enterprises in electronic format. As are a large number of the third party Materials.

The Mongoose edition (MgT) is largely compatible with Classic Traveller (CT) as both use very similar game mechanics.

Why would the ever need to redo them? Well, one could make that arguement for classic traveller- why did they need/want to do a new version? How about rebirthing them and adding more content? New stories, amber zones, new calendar, new graphics, skills, etc.

:wink:

Porsche said:
Why would the ever need to redo them? Well, one could make that arguement for classic traveller- why did they need/want to do a new version? How about rebirthing them and adding more content? New stories, amber zones, new calendar, new graphics, skills, etc.

Ah.... I see....

Mostly the material within jTas and Challenge has been incorporated in one form or another into the core body of Traveller throughout the Many Editions, so in essence all that material has been rewritten and expanded upon. As for jTas the periodical I believe that Steve Jackson Games is still publishing new material under the jTas imprint for all incarnations of Traveller (and it is edited By Loren Wiseman who as we know wrote a great deal for jTas as well as editing it as part of GDW). With that there is the fine publications like Freelance Traveller which carry on the fine Classic Traveller tradition of wonderful 3rd party material. Not to mention the fine articles in Mongoose's house publication Signs & Portents. Then there is the wealth of information/ideas in the many websites that fans have made over the years independant and in conjunction with the numerous Forums, Mailing lists, chat rooms et~al.

So I question the idea of a "Rebirth" when is hasn't ever really died. :p

Back